Do you feel that people really understand you and your life?

I don’t really worry about it. As long as it is possible to engage with others who appreciate in-depth conversations, I am content. Like many therapists, I am a depth junkie. Light convos are fun, but a steady diet of them makes my brain itch.lol

I am convniced no one understands me, nor do they want to. But they think that they do.
Mostly they offer light conversation, trivia, that is okay for a while, then I feel my brain going numb.
But I can't just talk about myself because people will get bored and change the subject.

All my life I have felt misunderstood, especially by my family.
Even friends. I am very open and confessional to close
friends. Maybe this depends on how much you express your
feelings, self doubts, thought. Introverts are less likely
to be understood well. Some people are shallow that it
doesn't matter. I know when people don't understand really
when they make cliche insensitive comments and questions.
"you don't need to hear "the glass is half full".

My sense is that unless someone has lived like you have lived
in your lifestyle, they will fail to understand.

A famous man once said, people understand me so little that they
do not even understand when I complain about being misunderstood.
Good Lord, no. I don't think anyone truly understands me!

I have no interest in what other people think of me.
I've never worried about what others do, reminds me of peer pressure, people doing things they are uncomfortable with, e.g. overspending or "Keeping up with the Jones" worrying about the impression they make.
Make friends within your interest groups where you will be appreciated, be happy and contented with who you are and what you do.

I have no routines or personal history. One day I found out that they were no longer necessary for me and, like drinking, I dropped them. One must have the desire to drop them and then one must proceed harmoniously to chop them off, little by little. If you have no personal history, no explanations are needed; nobody is angry or disillusioned with your acts. And above all no one pins you down with their thoughts. It is best to erase all personal history because that makes us free from the encumbering thoughts of other people. I have, little by little, created a fog around me and my life. And now nobody knows for sure who I am or what I do. Not even I. How can I know who I am, when I am all this?

Victor I get where you're coming from and I understand. I feel the same way. It has nothing to do with feeling entitled to any attention. People just don't get you or the choices you make or the way you think. Kinda makes a person feel like they don't belong. Anywhere.

No. Since different people bring out different parts of our personalities, the best we can hope for is that they can mildly appreciate those parts of our "self" that they trigger. What I'm more concerned with and find more troublesome is how few people can accept that we are all different and are unlikely to agree lockstep with every thing they prefer or believe.

Her story was so sad yet not the only one who goes through the çrap. If someone is lonely for connecting to another isn't that what dating is for? Hello World are you put there hiding. Age is a number and if someone is really wanting to be know and are not married a word dating is a verb....do it and sooner or later someone's will learn to know you. You have to risk the time to gain what you want 😉.
Now hey out there and make yourself happier.
I want to read about all the dates and connections made a better way to live and not fall apart
St least one will come close to understanding what you need
No more excuses.

I never really thought about this subject. I am who I am, that's it. Some people have been inordinately rude without even knowing me or what I may have been intending and not bothering to even find out. Their loss, and so it goes. Life continues and I go my merry way not concerning myself with the mundane.

Back