Do You Own A Swiss Army Knife?

Oh, I had one of those growing up. Brings back memories. They were great little tools, especially the original brand. Compact, could do a hundred different things.

163594-quotes-about-swiss-army-knife-1626403.jpg

My husband bought me a Victorinox Officer Suisse Knife with 12 blades that I carried in my purse for a gazillion years. I carried it in and out of the country through a number of airports with no problem until 2011, when we went to visit friends in Olathe, Kansas, and they nabbed it at the Kansas City International Airport ... on the way out. 🤨
I have a Mini Champ like the one below that I carry now. Ya never know when duty will call.

Customer image

I've got a knock off of one. I keep it in a drawer of assorted gizmos in my kitchen. I never use anything but the main blade, but it's big and red and easy to find in that junk drawer. I used the cork screw part once, but not for a cork. I just needed to poke a small hole in something. I remember thinking, "Talk about using the wrong tool for the job."

I have a SAK called the 'Tinker'! I have carried with me for years, as it is small for a SAK and it is useful in so many ways. It has two cutting blades, a leather punch, bottle opener, can opener, flat head screw driver, and Phillips head screw driver, small tweezers, and a tooth pic...

Most all you ever need...

"The term "Swiss Army knife" was coined by American soldiers after World War II after they had trouble pronouncing the German word "Offiziersmesser", meaning "officer's knife".."

iu

Q: Does every soldier of Switzerland carry a Swiss army knife?
A: "Yes, we were given a knife, the one in aluminium and without a corkscrew. Officer s got the red plastic one, with the corkscrew". (Marc Monnerat, worked at Swiss Army (1988-2006)

main-qimg-c6d67e4bb2d7d595c759622863431c35-lq

Last edited:
I received my first Swiss Army Knife as a 20th year award from my employer. It was a little too bulky for every day use. I ought a Farmer's Swiss Army Knife some years back, that has served me well.
iu

I used to own one. Then I started to travel a lot on business. I had to leave it home or have it confiscated. Eventually I left it home all the time.

I have had one of the "everything" bulky Swiss Army knives for years. Still have it but on a day to day basis, carry a narrower version with only a full length blade along with a screwdriver and can opener. Works for me in my old age.

No, I don't have a Swiss Army Knife, but I have a Victorinox garment bag and briefcase. I used them for many years when I traveled on business. They are as tough as the Swiss Army Knife.

victorinox-werks-traveler-60-deluxe-wheeled-garment-sleeve-black-4_2048x.jpeg

Back