Do You Still Have Goals and Aspirations?

You need goals even if it's harder to accomplish some of them than it used to be. Just finished painting my master bath and it was physically harder than ever, but it's done and I feel like I accomplished something useful.

Today, the wife and I loaded up our old cheapo dining set and took it to Goodwill, then went out and bought a new one in a big box. I had to cut open the box and remove it from the suv a few pieces at a time because it was so heavy. Took a couple hours to put together and i'm tired but happy.

This past early spring I rebuilt my deck and railing, then hurt my back (been an ongoing issue) and was pretty much down for the summer, which was depressing. Had surgery late September and the back is good to go, so this coming spring I have other outdoor projects to do.

Enjoy my life. Keep Moving. Be with family as much as possible. Look forward to selling and buying a new home! Take care of us and home. Make good choices in all things. Beach time, vacation time. Good stuff!

Don't we all have some type of goals - Just a little bit better BBQ chicken next time, one more good book, another day with the one we love, etc.
Sorry - I've been in a sappy mood lately - it's a kind of magic. Life is too short to be bitter. :)
Well said, my friend. I think being sappy is a good thing now and then.

Of course! I want to be a better Christian, wife, mother/grandmother. I want to make friends, get healthier, lose weight, make a difference in someone's life.

IMO, if a person has no dreams, they are dying inside.

Go to England, Italy, and Jamaica this year. The Jamaica trip is already booked. To find some folks with shared interests.
Very nice, Marlene....We traveled many years...We never went to England or Italy...My daughter's family went to Italy last summer..
We did take take two trips to Jamaiica… and many other Islands....We are now settled and don't want to leave the USA....
Have a great time....

Hello! Aspirations must be constant. Sometimes you feel a little apathy. But you can rest, lie and do nothing for 2 days. Then you need to start moving. I draw pictures. I plan to take courses in philosophy and psychology.
I love Psychology. I took a free online Psychology course at Harvard University...loved it.

I like that waking up every morning. If I've ever had any goals I don't remember. Never had many aspirations. Guess most of mine were very minor wishes. Maybe the closest thing to to an aspiration was to have a job I enjoyed. I guess in the main I'd like to keep on keeping on.

Good plan....I tend to feel for the edge...not a good plan
Trust me.. I test the waters a bit...LOL My hubby is just the opposite. Maybe that's why he keep me around..I make him laugh a lot. As they say, laughter is the best medicine...I find that to be TRUE. They say if you don't gave goals and dreams you slowly die.... I say, if you don't have laughter in your life.. that's a slow death. No thanks..LET'S KEEP LAUGHING 😂

Are there still things you aspire to do at your age? Are there still goals you wish to attain? I aspire to record and release more music and I have a particular financial goal I hope to attain by the end of next year.
I had some goals before this virus came about. Now I just don't care. I'm more concerned with getting through the day to day survival.

Back