Do you still like wearing SKIRTS and DRESSES?

Keesha

🐟
I love wearing skirts and dresses. They feel so liberatingly feminine and seem especially nice in the warmer months. Do you still like wearing skirts and dresses?
What types of skirts and dresses do you like?
I prefer the long, full, free flowing kinds that flare all up when you spin around.

I love wearing skirts and palazzo pants! My ballroom dresses have either circle or gored skirts -- fun swishing effect when turning. :)
Especially for Summer, though, I love crinkle-cotton or light denim fabrics, mid-calf length. Sooo comfy and cool, I agree!
I only have one full-length dress (black), for formal and somber occasions, but that's it.

I love wearing skirts and dresses. They feel so liberatingly feminine and seem especially nice in the warmer months. Do you still like wearing skirts and dresses?
What types of skirts and dresses do you like?
I prefer the long, full, free flowing kinds that flare all up when you spin around.
Love them. I like floaty long ones, but they must be somewhat formfitting or I disappear. I love bright colours which set off my auburn hair.

I hate wearing them now!!! Each time I have HAD to wear them, I feel so naked even though they are long. I think I have worn pants for so long and that's why I feel this way when I do wear them.

I love skirts and dresses but don't wear them much. I love to wear my long flowered dress which goes to the ground to an event. I love long skirts too but don't have any anymore.

I love wearing skirts and palazzo pants! My ballroom dresses have either circle or gored skirts -- fun swishing effect when turning.
Especially for Summer, though, I love crinkle-cotton or light denim fabrics, mid-calf length. Sooo comfy and cool, I agree!
I only have one full-length dress (black), for formal and somber occasions, but that's it.
Yes, that balloon out. That’s the word I was looking for. I usually wear 3/4 length also but I want to order a full length one with big pockets, a belt and a hood. Cotton is nice but I’m starting to actually like a blend of polyester fabric which I never thought I’d like. Some of those are so smooth and silky.

Love them. I like floaty long ones, but they must be somewhat formfitting or I disappear. I love bright colours which set off my auburn hair.
The floaty long ones. They look so classy looking.

I hate wearing them now!!! Each time I have HAD to wear them, I feel so naked even though they are long. I think I have worn pants for so long and that's why I feel this way when I do wear them.
I think this is one of the reasons I like them so much. I feel half naked and yet I’m decent enough.

Only on a dare, and it better pay very well!
Ummmm. So you’ve done this before I take it? Nothing wrong with men wearing skirts or dresses. :p

I like them in the summertime - those long floaty feminine dress you wear with a pair of sandals...
Exactly. The kind you wear with sandals for casual wear or a pair of pretty low heeled white pumps for special occasions C489764F-504C-41AD-A671-05CE6FB837E3.jpg

yes they're lovely on people who are tall..as you are I think Chic... but on those of us who are small and perfectly formed (lol.).. long dresses are not always so elegant...

I’m tall and slender too. I agree that they seem to flow nicer on tall slender people. I hadn’t really considered that before. Good point hollydolly.,

When I was working (in offices) I wore skirts 50% of the time and pants 50% of the time. I never liked long skirts...usually knee length or slightly below/above.

Now, I isually only wear a skirt/dress for special occasion such as a wedding/reception, funeral, or maybe dinner at a fancy restaurant.

I do like skirts/dresses...makes me feel more dressed up.

Last edited:
I love wearing dresses and skirts, as a mater of fact I wore this to Walmart today.....admit it, I look pretty damn hot don't I ?

Pssst.....don't tell anyone but I wasn't wearing undies.

68bca43d0c03c9d5efe86d54fd39e42f--walmart-pics-walmart-funny.jpg

I have a couple in the closet for special occasions.
I would like to wear dresses in summer but am self conscious of varicose veins. I'm short so long dresses look frumpy. No one wears hose anymore do they?
Any suggestions?

yes they're lovely on people who are tall..as you are I think Chic... but on those of us who are small and perfectly formed (lol.).. long dresses are not always so elegant...
Come to think of it I’ve seen a lot of shorter women wearing dresses and skirts and I thought they looked great in them. Maybe you’re being overly critical of yourself hollydolly.

Last edited:
I have a couple in the closet for special occasions.
I would like to wear dresses in summer but am self conscious of varicose veins. I'm short so long dresses look frumpy. No one wears hose anymore do they?
Any suggestions?
How about thin leggings underneath? I know I have thick winter leggings and thinner summer leggings. A solid colour in thin fabric might work . I suppose if you cut the feet off of the pantyhose they would run. Bummer.

Yep at least twice a week summer and winter for dancing,which not only keeps us reasonably fit for our ages
71 and 72 it’s our social life as well.

Sorry Photo is not real clear, some ladies still wear longer 3/4
skirts but I like mine just below the knee that way I can get away with wearing knee high stockings espically in summer .
Another poster mentioned if anyone still wears hose .,yes I do in mid winter for dances when it’s really cold

Attachments

• B28AB810-2993-4CC3-B048-F9C11F9092DF.jpg
    B28AB810-2993-4CC3-B048-F9C11F9092DF.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 58
Yep at least twice a week summer and winter for dancing,which not only keeps us reasonably fit for our ages
71 and 72 it’s our social life as well
Photo is not real clear

Oh Kadee. That’s a beautiful photo of you and your husband dancing. How lovely & romantic. :glitter-heart:
Thank you for posting this. Maybe I’ll get my husband to take a picture of me in a dress when he gets back.
Thank you for posting it Kadee

Thank you Keesha ,Hubby is a foot taller than me I’m 5’1 and he’s 6,2
When we first married 31 years ago we tried different dancing but his long legs got in the way, but we are fine with ballroom dancing ( now ) he used to,take to long of steps for my little legs :).

We only took on dancing 9 years ago ,and he said to me yesterday his mother would be so happy to know he’s dancing she tried to encourage him to dance years before I met him and he wouldn’t have a bar of it

Back