Do You Think Cosby Should Go to Prison?

fureverywhere

beloved friend who will always be with us in spiri
I've been following this story for awhile and of course reflex answer is yes he was a predator and deserves that justice be served. Then on the other paw he is old and blind. I wonder if a more fitting punishment would be a trial and demanding restitution for each victim. Enough money that between that and full court costs he won't have his former lifestyle anymore. Throwing him in jail...how many years would he really live to serve ya know?
I don't know, your thoughts?

Bill Cosby is NOT blind. He is 78, which would only be old by some people's definition - but that has absolutely nothing to do with imprisonment. Most importantly, he hasn't been on trial yet.

If he is found guilty, and the punishment is imprisonment, yes I think he should go to prison.

Whitey Bulger is 86 and in 2014 was sentenced to two life terms in prison.

If found guilty in a court of law to the alleged charges he should submit to whatever penalties are imposed by the court. I find it interesting how many have already found him guilty and imposed punishment without a trial.

I find it interesting how many have already found him guilty and imposed punishment without a trial.

I agree. I have no love for the man and the thought of him doing those things makes me wanna puke, but I do find it interesting how many have him convicted and are "debating" his sentence.

Bill Cosby is NOT blind. He is 78, which would only be old by some people's definition - but that has absolutely nothing to do with imprisonment. Most importantly, he hasn't been on trial yet.

If he is found guilty, and the punishment is imprisonment, yes I think he should go to prison.

Whitey Bulger is 86 and in 2014 was sentenced to two life terms in prison.

I agree, age or impairment should have nothing to do with it. If he's found guilty by trial, then yes, he should serve the sentence given. I have no love for him either, but I don't by any reach hate him. He's entitled to fair judgement and innocent until proven guilty.

From what I've read he has "a degenerative eye disease called keratoconus".
SO DO I! Had it since age 34. Had several surgeries. I even posted a thread about it.

Oscar Pistorius doesn't have legs, and he was sent to prison.

If he did the crime, he should do the time, age should not be a barrier to carrying out justice, although personally I doubt if he will go to prison, he'll probably find some loophole to weasel out of it.

Rolf Harris is in jail in England and he remains unrepentant.

Let's see what the verdict is for Crosby.
I think it very likely that the trial will collapse on a technicality.

However, on the face of the complaints against him, I do think that he should serve time in prison.
What he has admitted doing is just wrong, whether or not it can be shown to be unlawful.

If he's found guilty, yes. I don't feel he should get any special consideration. He obviously has money and connections and the finest legal help. I'm not holding my breath.

Don't get me wrong I think he's guilty as charged. But blowing his finances might be more just punishment and/or jail and THEN blowing his financial picture...perhaps a better idea.

Rolf Harris is in jail in England and he remains unrepentant.

Let's see what the verdict is for Crosby.
I think it very likely that the trial will collapse on a technicality.

However, on the face of the complaints against him, I do think that he should serve time in prison.
What he has admitted doing is just wrong, whether or not it can be shown to be unlawful.

"However, on the face of the complaints against him, I do think that he should serve time in prison."
The above is a example of statements that irritate the hell out of me. Where's the proof??? Do we convict on the basis of statements?

When I think of Bill Cosby, I get a feeling of extreme disappointment. I was a fan of his for many years...thought he was one of the best comedians who ever lived. Then, to find out that he was quite probably a sexual predator all that time, and abused dozens of women, just blows my mind. How can a person present such a pleasing persona to the public, and be such a devil in private??

If he is found guilty of these charges, there is no punishment that will fully suffice.

Many sexual predators are marvelous chameleons, able to effortlessly assume whatever guise is most effective in promoting

the version of themselves they wish the world to see. Some have an internal disconnect which allows them to live virtually

exemplary lives in all areas except their hidden pathology. Many people believe such monsters are drastically different than the

rest of us, sadly, with few exceptions, most of them are not. That is the truly terrifying thing, IMHO. We have seen the

monsters, and they are us.

"However, on the face of the complaints against him, I do think that he should serve time in prison."
The above is a example of statements that irritate the hell out of me. Where's the proof??? Do we convict on the basis of statements?

That's why the majority.....well I'm assuming the majority........of people want to see him go to trial and not allow him to buy his way out of this. As far as his eyesight goes........it didn't stop him committing the alleged offences so why should it protect him from gaol?

He has admitted administering drugs to women to have sex with them.
That's what I think is wrong but time factors may mean that no conviction can be arrived at.
Under the law, no conviction equates to not guilty.
It isn't the same as innocent which is what we must assume before a trial is held.

I don't see any point in sending him to prison. His life has already been ruined in the worst way imaginable for a celeb. His reputation has been shot to pieces and he's 78 yrs old. It would be hard if not impossible to rebuild that reputation in the time left to him on earth. His health has probably suffered from the negative publicity and the prospect of trial. I doubt he'll live as long as he would have if this had never happened.
Financial remuneration to the plaintiffs would probably be best. Let's wait and see what unfolds.

By all means give the man his day in court. Regardless of the outcome, he is not "innocent." He has already made admissions that are proof of inexcusable behaviour toward helpless women in order to engage in sexual acts. I applaud the courage of

women who endure the victim blaming that is all too common in cases of this nature. I long for a day when women are not required to go through hell in order to prove sexual assault took place. It is time for slut shaming to stop!!

Depends on how strong the evidence is in the only case brought against him. If found guilty I would sentence him but his age and enough of a fan club out there he won't do time. They say his arrival at his arraignment was choreographed to present the image of a frail old man.

But you can and only should penalize for the crime anyone is CONVICTED of. Don't need a judge basing their sentence on untried cases. My thing is he did this crap well into his senior years. By the time he had gray hair he should've known better. If he was butt hole in his younger days and mellowed out showed contrition in his older years that's one thing but he didn't.

Back