Do you use a rower ?

rgp

When I went through cardio/rehab , [2001] my favorite piece of equipment was the rower. The P/A trainer said it was in his opinion the most bang for the buck. So I bought my own ..... and actually used it for a number of years ...... until sciatica showed up , to join my arthritis [when i had that any form of exercise was just out of the question] . Now that, that is fading somewhat I am starting back using it again. I just wondered if anyone uses one ? It is of course a seated , non-weight bearing movement so it's not too bad ...... starting back slowly. Hoping I can stay with it.

When I went through cardio/rehab , [2001] my favorite piece of equipment was the rower. The P/A trainer said it was in his opinion the most bang for the buck. So I bought my own ..... and actually used it for a number of years ...... until sciatica showed up , to join my arthritis [when i had that any form of exercise was just out of the question] . Now that, that is fading somewhat I am starting back using it again. I just wondered if anyone uses one ? It is of course a seated , non-weight bearing movement so it's not too bad ...... starting back slowly. Hoping I can stay with it.
Yes, I have had one for about 25 years and still use it several times a week. For a piece of home equipment, I think it is the best. Treadmills take up a lot of room, make a lot of noise and breakdown far more often. I rebuilt the one I had twice and finally gave up on it when the parts were no longer available. I also have a recumbent cycle and I use it a fair amount as well, especially when watching TV. But the cycle doesn’t get my heart rate up and it is not a total body workout. Toss in a few dumbbells and a yoga mat and you have everything covered.
Arthritis has not bothered me despite being close to 80, but the sciatica I had to deal with a few years ago was awful when it flared up.
Good luck.

Yes, I have had one for about 25 years and still use it several times a week. For a piece of home equipment, I think it is the best. Treadmills take up a lot of room, make a lot of noise and breakdown far more often. I rebuilt the one I had twice and finally gave up on it when the parts were no longer available. I also have a recumbent cycle and I use it a fair amount as well, especially when watching TV. But the cycle doesn’t get my heart rate up and it is not a total body workout. Toss in a few dumbbells and a yoga mat and you have everything covered.
Arthritis has not bothered me despite being close to 80, but the sciatica I had to deal with a few years ago was awful when it flared up.
Good luck.

My rower also has a built in recumbent cycle, but it kills my back to use it , so [when I can] I use my Air-0-Dyne upright .

I just recently gave away a smith-machine & about 500 pounds of free weight. @ 73 , and several limitations the writing was on the wall ... that I was never going to use all that again.

A young [30 something] plumber was here, he was admiring it .... so i gave it all to him. IMO used exercise equipment has no re-sale value anyway.

So now I have room ... in that room, where i might be able to do things more beneficial to me. If my body would only cooperate.

I agree completely. Other exercises have to be incorporated into the mix.

Well, as with anything, common sense & rational use must prevail. One can "overdue" anything ........ particularly sitting . And when it comes to exercise of any kind, it is very easy to find excuses not to do so on the pretext of safety ....... jmo.

The rower has always been my favorite exercise machine. The only ones I like have a screen in which there are two rowers - me and the computer's.

I don't have one, and I haven't used on in years.

Back