Doc wont see patients if no vax

George Bush Jr. wanted to set an example to get people to get smallpox vaccinations, so they videotaped him walking into the hospital wearing a coat, then leaving a few minutes later with his sleeve rolled up, while reporters announced that "The President just got his Smallpox vaccination, so it must be a wonderful idea."
Of course, they didn't show him getting any vaccine - much like the above photo.

Uh.......yeah, there were probably enough fools who bought it.
George Jr.? Who dat? George W.? Anyway there have been no Smallpox vaccines for Americans since 1972, about 50 years. Don't understand your anecdote, sir.

George Jr.? Who dat? George W.? Anyway there have been no Smallpox vaccines for Americans since 1972, about 50 years. Don't understand your anecdote, sir.
You're not aware of the "Terrorist Scare" after 9-11?
https://www.nytimes.com/2001/10/22/...tacks-led-push-for-more-smallpox-vaccine.html

https://www.ll.mit.edu/media/8341

In late September, in the days before a series of anthrax-tainted letters made bioterrorism a reality in the United States, President Bush decided that the federal government should acquire enough vaccine to protect every American against an even more menacing biological threat: smallpox.
Although smallpox was eradicated as a disease in the 1970's, American intelligence had suspected for years that Iraq and North Korea, and possibly other rogue nations, had maintained clandestine stocks of the deadly smallpox virus.
But officials say it was the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, and not any new information, that prompted the president's decision to greatly expand the nation's smallpox vaccine stockpile.
The decision, which was not publicly announced, gained urgency when letters containing potentially lethal anthrax powder began arriving at news organizations and on Capitol Hill. The anthrax scares produced widespread fears that the nation would run short of the antibiotic Cipro. So senior administration officials quietly sped up their timetable for acquiring the smallpox vaccine.

I respect the integrity of any doctor who will not see an unvaccinated patient.
Really! Thats an ethical violation and possibly be a legal issue against the Doctor. And I certainly wouldnt call it iNTEGRITY becausea doctor refuses to see patients that are sick. Wouldnt it be great to be able to discriminate and get away with it. No, and thats why there are laws against it.

Obviously, this issue was brought before AMA and other legal heads. This is a current article.

Here isa paragraph From the AMA .

Can physicians decline unvaccinated patients?​

Updated Sept. 15, 2021
In general, no, a physician should not refuse a patient simply because the individual is not vaccinated or declines to be vaccinated. The commitment to care for those who are sick or injured carries with it a duty to treat in other circumstances as well, including public health crises when a physician may face “greater than usual risks to [their] own safety, health or life” (Opinion 8.3, Physician responsibility for disaster response and preparedness). Nor may a physician ethically turn a patient away based solely on the individual’s infectious disease status, or for any reason that would constitute discrimination against a class or category of patients (Opinion 1.1.2, Prospective patients).

Last edited:
I guess they just dress in protected gowns and and goggles and PPE - their oath makes it mandatory because they are doctors I suppose. They have to treat the "sick" - I'm sure most of them got vaccinated and probably had the virus too being around sick people all the time - in my opinion.

If a doctor can refuse to treat a patient who isn't vaccinated, why can't a doctor refuse to treat a patient with lung disease who won't quit smoking or quit his job at a factory that produces harmful fumes & toxins?
Why can't a doctor refuse to treat a patient with heart disease who eats an unhealthy diet? (in the doctor's opinion)
Why can't a doctor refuse to treat a patient with diabetes who eats too much sugar?
Why can't a doctor refuse to treat a patient with arthritis that the doctor blames on obesity or a lack of exercise?

If a doctor can refuse to treat a patient who isn't vaccinated, why can't a doctor refuse to treat a patient with lung disease who won't quit smoking or quit his job at a factory that produces harmful fumes & toxins?
Why can't a doctor refuse to treat a patient with heart disease who eats an unhealthy diet? (in the doctor's opinion)
Why can't a doctor refuse to treat a patient with diabetes who eats too much sugar?
Why can't a doctor refuse to treat a patient with arthritis that the doctor blames on obesity or a lack of exercise?
Right. I thought they took the Hippocratic Oath. Shouldn't that mean they are committed to helping people? How does refusal to treat someone based on vaccination status help anything? People will start dying of treatable illnesses if this is allowed to continue.

None of those are communicable viruses. Covid-19 is so you're comparing apples to oranges. The reason doctors might want to refuse treatment is to protect themselves, staff and other patients because according to your own (USA) Center for Disease Control:
"According to the CDC, unvaccinated people were six times more likely to contract the virus."
If you don't trust your own Center for Disease Control then, that's a whole other problem and I can't help you with that.

https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/h...cases/67-b9bd9619-c089-4858-be79-5d3213153431

Around here, any health care facility....hospital, PCP, dentist, eye doctor, etc., requires a mask, and takes the temperature, etc., of anyone who comes through the door. I can easily understand such facilities being extra cautious, as the doctors, nurses and assistants have to be in close proximity to their patients.
My temperature is taken at every dental visit & I only take off my mask for treatment - as required in my county. But there is no vaccination requirement & there are no vaccination questions. The one doctor I see occasionally does not take temperature & neither does my optometrist. Just mask requirement.

Covid-19 patients are overwhelming our hospitals here in Colorado. 81% of the hospitalized covid-19 patients are unvaccinated.

Gov. Jared Polis (D) signed an executive order over the weekend authorizing the state’s public health department to determine whether hospitals or emergency departments are at or will soon hit capacity. The department can order such facilities to halt admissions and redirect or transfer patients, according to the order that will be in effect for 30 days starting Sunday.​

None of those are communicable viruses. Covid-19 is so you're comparing apples to oranges. The reason doctors might want to refuse treatment is to protect themselves, staff and other patients because according to your own (USA) Center for Disease Control:
"According to the CDC, unvaccinated people were six times more likely to contract the virus."
If you don't trust your own Center for Disease Control then, that's a whole other problem and I can't help you with that.

https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/h...cases/67-b9bd9619-c089-4858-be79-5d3213153431
OK, so if a patient who had a flu shot gets the flu, (which is a communicable virus), & has breathing problems, doctors should have the right to refuse treatment?

Vaxxed an unvaxxed both can carry Covid.
Yes that's true but, not at the same rate. Uvaxxed are 6 to 1 more likely to contract the virus (CDC figures - not mine) and when they do have a more significant viral load to spread to others. Viral load means a lot with this virus. It's not a one size fits all situation. The stronger the viral load you contract and carry, the more like you are to spread the virus to others plus the more severe your own symptoms are likely to be ending with a poor result for you. This is why the vast majority of hospitalizations involve unvaccinated people.
Of course, other pre-existing, chronic health conditions + age play a part in this as well so it's a fairly complex situation with many factors in play.
OK, so if a patient who had a flu shot gets the flu, (which is a communicable virus), & has breathing problems, doctors should have the right to refuse treatment?
Yes.

Yes that's true but, not at the same rate. Uvaxxed are 6 to 1 more likely to contract the virus (CDC figures - not mine) and when they do have a more significant viral load to spread to others. Viral load means a lot with this virus. It's not a one size fits all situation. The stronger the viral load you contract and carry, the more like you are to spread the virus to others plus the more severe your own symptoms are likely to be ending with a poor result for you. This is why the vast majority of hospitalizations involve unvaccinated people.
Of course, other pre-existing, chronic health conditions + age play a part in this as well so it's a fairly complex situation with many factors in play.

Yes.
Thank you for clarifying the world you live in - A world of your own making.

Back