Easter Holiday

4ccc53bd1215693de91c9abcc0e4d3a0.jpg

When my dad was alive, he was a big kid on all of the major holidays. He would buy my mom flowers and him and mom would buy my sister and me Easter baskets. Of course, he also made himself a basket, which included painted eggs, chocolate Easter bunny, and a variety of Russell Stover chocolates and jelly beans.

My mom liked her hats, so she always had a new hat for Easter church service.

When my dad was alive, he was a big kid on all of the major holidays. He would buy my mom flowers and him and mom would buy my sister and me Easter baskets. Of course, he also made himself a basket, which included painted eggs, chocolate Easter bunny, and a variety of Russell Stover chocolates and jelly beans.

My mom liked her hats, so she always had a new hat for Easter church service.
Your dad sounds like he was a fun guy....his Easter basket sounds so yummy!

As children we used to hard boil eggs and decorate them. On Easter Sunday, we would take them to a nearby hill (or slope) and roll them down. We did this with our own children, but the tradition has died out and nobody here bothers much with Easter.
I used to like dipping the eggs in dye and writing on them in crayon first. Just remembered that, a fond memory! Thanks Capt.

As children we used to hard boil eggs and decorate them. On Easter Sunday, we would take them to a nearby hill (or slope) and roll them down. We did this with our own children, but the tradition has died out and nobody here bothers much with Easter.
Sad. It’s still a big deal here. It will be hard on the children not to go to the Easter egg hunts at the parks, and the dress you dog as a bunny events. I already got the Easter baskets for the “boys” in the group home. Taking them over tomorro.

Good memories from all of you đź’› made me reminisce back to the good ole days, with my kids and grandkids, cooking the Easter ham with pineapple slices and maraschino cherries on top for decoration effects, home baked white cake with green shredded coconut on top, and always an egg hunt outside and inside.....fills my heart with joy thinking about all this.....more of a celebration of Springtime.

Last edited:

Back