Employee appearance .

Delivering groceries doesn't pay much; maybe that was all she had to wear. If your order was on time and accurate, who the hell cares?
That's right. It doesn't pay much. That's why she needed bigger.......uh.......tips.

i am often shocked at how the workers dress in local businesses. their pants hanging off their rear ends, those goofy earrings that make big holes in their ears. they are covered in tattoos piercing's. it makes me feel like i am shopping in gang territory.

Nutty "styles" come and go.. it probably won't be long before something different replaces those styles.

oh heaven forbid don't say that. the next thing you know we will be tended to by people clad in pajamas.

I had a grocery delivery yesterday....A young black female did the delivery, very polite , etc.

But ..... She was wearing a "bodysuit" is what I'll call it, sort of camouflage in color. Very low cut , and somewhat "transparent" as well.....I mean nothing was really hidden, just covered [to a point] I mean every crack , curve & protrusion of her body was visible . {I don't want to get to specific , ya get the point}

There was a time in this country when no company, would want themselves represented in such a manner ...... I think we need to get back to that.

Yes I expect to be labeled racist [because she was black] ..... fine. And i may be labeled sexist , [because she was female] again, fine.

I just do not think that sort of attire , is appropriate in daylight business.
If she was polite and the delivery was on time, I wouldn't worry too much about what she was wearing. I appreciate good service and am not judgemental.

Nutty "styles" come and go.. it probably won't be long before something different replaces those styles.
I've much the same feelings and response to the fashion statements described in the OP, but I guess the power to slightly shock or even repulse elder folks by wearing "spanks" (or whatever they are called), is part of the attraction for young people I'd guess.

You don't have to just concern yourselves by delivery guys or girls, because in every shopping mall, or city centre you'll see the same thing, wherever you look, so learn to love it! ;) .

Last edited:
Clothing styles have changed dramatically in the last couple of decades. What was once not just unacceptable but even unthinkable in the workplace is now common or the norm. Folks as a whole no longer dress up to go out..whether to the grocery store, the mall, upscale restaurants. You can seamlessly move from lounging around at home to going to the the mall, stop someplace for a nice lunch, head to your doctors appointment, and on the way home swing by the grocery store...without ever once needing to change clothes!

Even my own clothing style has relaxed somewhat over the years, though I certainly will change out of what I’m lounging around at home in before I head out the door. I will dress well enough that I will be able to do all those errands feeling comfortable with how I look. But if I’m going out to dinner later and then perhaps to dance afterward, I will definitely change into evening attire. Not “little black dress” cocktail wear, but something more upscale than jeans and a casual blouse.

I try not to judge how other folks choose to dress, and instead just work on making sure my own standards for myself don’t lower in response.

I've much the same feelings and response to the fashion statements described in the OP, but I guess the power to slightly shock or even repulse elder folks by wearing "spanks" (or whatever they are called), is part of the attraction for young people I'd guess.

You don't have to just concern yourselves by delivery guys or girls, because in every shopping mall, or city centre you'll see the same thing, wherever you look, so learn to love it! ;) .
I don't generally pay attention to what anyone is wearing, anyway.

Ditto.

I see men at the grocery store with their butt cracks exposed...I don't care. 😋
Ah... yes, plumber's crack.

Never did understand that. When my boys were little their wet swimming bottoms would droop, and mommy would call them over, pull up their little pants for them, and send them back on their way. Grown men on the other-hand, I never fail to think to myself... can they NOT feel that their pants are sagging half-way down their butt cheeks? Do they lack any/all sense to pull them up? Surely it can't be overly comfortable marching around with droopy pants?

Some things I will never understand, droopy, sagging pants being one of them.

I never notice what any of them are wearing, either. I'm usually focused on whether we are staying 6 feet from me, whether they are wearing a mask, etc. Their clothes are very unimportant!

I’ve talked to employers who are so glad to find an employee that is honest and not taking illegal drugs that they are not as concerned with physical appearance as once was the case. It also must be accepted that we live in a less “dressy” age. While my father always wore a dress jacket, tie, and hat to his office, these days almost anything goes. I’ve seen males wear tank tops to church worship services...

Back