Europe Not Opening Borders to the U.S. because of Coronavirus

BBC news reported that the EU will not open borders to US, Brazil and China. Interesting on the report re: 1/2 of cases of all Covid 19 brought in from Pakistan. Many of the countries dependent on tourism e.g Greece, Portugal are more relaxed about opening borders. But all this could change. In the UK opening of pubs, restaurants and other non essential outlets were given the go ahead for 4 July but there has been a surge in coronavirus cases in Leicester so the government has ordered a lock down of that area, once again but not the whole country. So even though the EU is opening it's borders things can change. Decisions at present are quite volatile.

The big problem with overseas travel isn't the individual is that those same individuals have to travel in a confined space with others who might be contaminated to get there? The town they came from might be fine but not all on those flights or cruises are healthy. It's that final leg of the trip that is most risky for everyone involved.

The big problem with overseas travel isn't the individual is that those same individuals have to travel in a confined space with others who might be contaminated to get there? The town they came from might be fine but not all on those flights or cruises are healthy. It's that final leg of the trip that is most risky for everyone involved.
I'm glad my traveling days are over. From now on, it is virtual tours for me. There is so much available on-line, and no risk of anything but computer viruses! Besides, they often have better photographs than I could ever take.

I'm glad my traveling days are over. From now on, it is virtual tours for me. There is so much available on-line, and no risk of anything but computer viruses! Besides, they often have better photographs than I could ever take.

Yeah, but there is just something about "being" there .......... :(

Instead of the recent slogan about how great America will become, it looks like we've worked ourselves to the bottom of the bowl and the world around us is reaching for the "flush' handle.

No matter what we hear on our favorite news stations/channels, there's no mistaking what the rest of the world thinks of us today and the raw numbers (regarding Covid) show them to be correct.

We are floundering, like a boat caught in the rapids without a rudder.

Hopefully this will change, come November. If it doesn't, we are wiped out. This is not exaggeration; it is, sadly, the truth.

I'm guessing the people applauding European nations for closing their borders to US citizens are the same people who, six months ago, were screaming for the US to open wide its southern border. I just love irony. I sure wouldn't want to get on an airplane and go there anyway. And should tourism become a thing again, say in a year, I bet they won't be shy about taking American dollars either.

Back