Ever Block Someone And Then Regret It?

Lee

A disagreement and it seems like it always brought out the worst in us, each email got nastier so this time I took it a step further, I blocked them.

It felt sooooo good, I had the last word, but that good feeling lasted only a few days.

Upon sending an email with an apology and an offer to talk things out, I found they now had me blocked.

Anyone else do this and if so, how did it work out?

I have never sent a smoking hot email I just stop following people.

I've only done it with a couple of people that were just rabid when it came to the subject of politics.

It wasn't even a case where I disagreed with their views it was just the nasty vicious vulgar way that they expressed themselves and demeaned anyone that dared to disagree with them.

I don't mean to sound rude but no one who is insulting to me bothers me. If they call me names or say I'm dumb I let it pass and move on.On another forum Politics caused a lot of people who were always nice to me turn on me because they disagreed with me. I still occasionally go in there and give my opinion on the subject. If they agree with me it's fine if they don't that's fine too. I have more important things to worry about than someone elses childish behaviour

Never blocked or unfriended anyone, though I've been unfriended by a few (and probably blocked by some others).

Blocking or unfriending someone on social media other electronic means is an extremely unkind statement that can't be easily healed when time passes and cooler heads normally prevail.

I've gone to "inactive" status on Facebook and don't see reactivating it anytime soon. If ever.

I've never blocked anyone but I'm sorry I friended someone on Facebook. It is a relative of a family member I think highly of. I have the persons sister and brother as friends with no problem,not wanting to leave her out I friended her also. I've met her in person at family get togethers and never dreamed she had this vulgar side to her. The language makes my hair stand up.
I can handle this and don't respond to her posts but I worry what my other friends who see this are thinking.

I’ve only ever blocked one person, on another site, due to her spiteful PMs after we disagreed about me not replying to her personal questions, she then started to make veiled, snidely comments in the public forums, even giving my location which she knew I keep strictly private, after that I had no option but to report her to the moderators and it has stopped now

I will never unblock her and it’s made me wary of befriending people

I've never blocked anyone but I'm sorry I friended someone on Facebook. It is a relative of a family member I think highly of. I have the persons sister and brother as friends with no problem,not wanting to leave her out I friended her also. I've met her in person at family get togethers and never dreamed she had this vulgar side to her. The language makes my hair stand up.
I can handle this and don't respond to her posts but I worry what my other friends who see this are thinking.
Ruth,
Check your privacy settings, you should be able to restrict posts to appear only to friends that you both have in common so the rest of the world won't see them.

No, I've never blocked anyone and never belonged to fb or twitter, but if I did they would likely have deserved it and I wouldn't regret it. Never had anyone on ignore either, I can ignore someone very well without assistance when they begin to act rude, insensitive or insulting. I have blocked a couple of spam calls on my "smart"phone, wish I could do that on my landline, I'd have thousands on that list.

Last edited:
A disagreement and it seems like it always brought out the worst in us, each email got nastier so this time I took it a step further, I blocked them.

It felt sooooo good, I had the last word, but that good feeling lasted only a few days.

Upon sending an email with an apology and an offer to talk things out, I found they now had me blocked.

Just unblock them again, if you feel that bad Lee....🥴
ive loads blocked on FB ......mostly family .....

I’ve only ever blocked one person, on another site, due to her spiteful PMs after we disagreed about me not replying to her personal questions, she then started to make veiled, snidely comments in the public forums, even giving my location which she knew I keep strictly private, after that I had no option but to report her to the moderators and it has stopped now

I will never unblock her and it’s made me wary of befriending people

That the best thing wren, you dont need that nastiness on sites......
some people just dont give up !!.....

I've never blocked anyone on any site. Never felt the need, I pick my battles and electronic messages flying around the ether world are never important enough to raise my battle flag. If I feel the need to point out someone's ignorance, oversight or lack of awareness, I fall back on my southern upbringing. Most southerners can do it so skillfully that the recipient isn't quite sure it happened.

Difference of opinion? I state my case and listen respectfully to opposition. I might defend my view once but I refuse to engage in verbal warfare. It's a senseless waste of time and I'm too old to waste any I have left.

I made the mistake of befriending a man on one of the dating sites. He became a bit obsessive and I had no choice but to do something. As it happened, I was using an e-mail address just for that particular site. All I had to do was close the address.
I have been on the receiving end of unpleasantness on two other forum sites, simply because my views conflicted with theirs. Once someone starts picking on you, it becomes a regular occurrence, and there is no longer any point being a member of that site.
I saw it happening to other people too, yet the moderators did nothing.

Yes, I've done that a few times with emails, too. We ended up parting ways even though they didn't block me. I blocked them.

I have blocked many on FB and don't regret it. Most were men who got very rude with sexual innuendo.

I have also blocked a lot of men on a dating site I go to. Rude and crude guys.

Just unblock them again, if you feel that bad Lee....🥴
ive loads blocked on FB ......mostly family .....

yes Charry, sometimes that would work if it was only one person blocking the other, but when both parties do it then the other does not realize they are unblocked.....does that make sense :unsure:

Blocking on the internet with people that you don't know except through forums or social media is one thing, blocking a friend who you have known for many years is another. I could phone but have the feeling the call would not be answered.

And when it resorts to name calling and things being said that you know are untrue then maybe it is best to just let it be.

I am very limiting about the people that I will friend on Facebook, in the past when I had another Facebook site I was very easygoing about friending many many people and found out that that was a bad idea, I have since created a new site and it’s very limited to those individuals who have some respect and decorum for others, I feel as though my Facebook site is a reflection of me and limit accordingly.

Back