Exercise Bike Commercial Causes Outrage

The young women got a part in The Young & Restless (if that is still on) or some other soap opera so to all you politically correct do gooders tuff $%^&!!

The young women got a part in The Young & Restless (if that is still on) or some other soap opera so to all you politically correct do gooders tuff $%^&!!

Well she an actress after all. Wether acting in a commercial, soap opera, movie etc it's paycheck for a person who acts.

So many involved got so much free publicity they could probably fire their agents at this point.

• The actor in Peloton's confusing and much-criticized holiday ad has broken his silence.
  • Sean Hunter, an actor and teacher, told Psychology Today that he hopes his small part in the commercial doesn't hurt the future of his career as an actor and teacher.
  • "My 5 seconds of air time created an array of malicious feedback that is all associated with my face," Hunter told Psychology Today.
  • People criticized Hunter's character in the ad for being sexist and abusive.

Huh? Am I missing something here?

I've never seen the ad, as I generally move heaven and earth to avoid commercials, but from what I've read about it here, people seem to be working overtime to conjure up things to be offended about. According to the above quote, the actor who plays the husband is worried that his future career will be "hurt" because of this ad? Poor baby!

Imagine if he had to play an actual villain, the kind who kills people, etc. Oh, the horror!

I agree with fuzzybuddy, this has all the earmarks of a contrived publicity stunt.

For some reason all I'm seeing is the picture and a fade out of what would be the continuation of the article. I don't see what all the hoopla is about. I saw the commercial on T.V. and thought nothing of it.

Back