Faith in Humanity

Speaking of behaviour, in my life and career, I have come in contact with the heights and depths of what some people are capable. It can be glorious, suffused with grace, or anaethema beyond my comprehension. As species go, we are babies, with much to condemn, and much to applaud re

our actions. I chose to side with my better angels. I will leave the bitter angels to those who do not embrace hope that we can rise above our fatal flaws, and move towards a higher level of consciousness. I have seen miracles. I continue to see them, serenely growing amongst the toxic weeds of grief, fear, and despair. 🙏 Namaste.

Last edited:
When something awful happens and people respond by sending flowers and messages of condolence to the people affected, even though they are complete strangers. It shows that even in these violent times, people still feel empathy for victims of crime and disasters.

What a beautiful story. I think this is a perfect example of why I have faith in humanity.

I limit the amount of news I see or read, because the spotlight is so focused on the rare, terrible occurrences that it's easy to mistake them as commonplace.

In truth, the overwhelming majority of us resolve problems without the use of great anger or weapons, our social interaction tends to be peppered with politeness and generosity, our scientists work together to solve problems, our children are better educated than at any other time in history, our lifespan is longer, our health is better, and our world generally safer.

To be sure, there's room for improvement. But we have come a long way, Baby. That gives me faith.

People who look past labels and see the person or human being not the label.
I agree! After I had a massive stroke I tried to go back to work but worried that employers would see me walk with a cane and dismiss me. I got a really good position and after I was hired I asked my supervisor why she hired me. She said I looked past your disability and focused on your past employment before your stroke and your references. She said she had never seen such references before and the fact that I was willing to take a job that was below what I had done in the past. I worked there for 10 years until we were bought by another hospital and everybody was laid off as they moved the business office to St. Louis. We are still good friends to this day.

Too many times when people see a creature that isn't cuddly, skitters on a bunch of legs, has scales and/or claws and teeth or just looks weird. Their first desire is to kill it. Please do not leave this planet.

People donate money even when they are poor.
People do good deeds behind the scenes not expecting any appreciation.
Random strangers help drivers who break down.
Volunteers work for a pittance in poor countries.

OTOH, people rob, cheat, lie, kill, rape, abuse children as well as adults, set fires unnecessary (arsonists), commit mass murder, are unkind to one another and I probably missed several more. You see the world behind your rose colored glasses and I have seen it out from behind the blinders.

Yes, there are good people in this world, however, there is also a tremendous amount of bad and it’s the bad that we should focus on if we are to fix what’s wrong.

Just a few weeks ago, there were 2 cases of mass murders once again committed here in the U.S. and nothing has been done that may prevent it from happening again. We can’t sit on our hands and expect things to improve. We can protest and hold a million rallies, but until lawmakers decide enough is enough, things will not change. We, the citizens, singularly, have very little power, but together, we can cause change. I’ve seen it done. Each one of us should be sending e-mails, letters, make phone calls, whatever, we need to make noise to get our lawmakers attention. And, if that doesn’t cause change, the next move should be at the ballot box.

Oh, yeah, I forgot. This is an election year and we don’t want to rile the masses that truly believe things will get better.

My rant for the day is over.

I agree! After I had a massive stroke I tried to go back to work but worried that employers would see me walk with a cane and dismiss me. I got a really good position and after I was hired I asked my supervisor why she hired me. She said I looked past your disability and focused on your past employment before your stroke and your references. She said she had never seen such references before and the fact that I was willing to take a job that was below what I had done in the past. I worked there for 10 years until we were bought by another hospital and everybody was laid off as they moved the business office to St. Louis. We are still good friends to this day.
That is a refreshing story thanks for sharing it!

Here is a perfect example of faith in humanity which brought tears to my eyes
The man who lost his wife in the El Paso killings was worried he would be the only person at her funeral.The owner of the funeral home went on social media asking if anyone wanted to come to the funeral to do so
The response was overwhelming,many who showed up never knew the woman but certainly showed their compassion and humanity by helping this man as he grieved for his wife

Back