Favorite Exercise or Related Activity

Ok, time to fess up. Fire wood is number 2 along with anything outside etc.
There is one exercise that I love and you don't need to get out of
bed for it. Elevated heart rate, yup. Warms you up real nice and puts a huge smile on my face.

Hey, I was really struggling to increase my weight loss to the next level until I found these tips that I am more than willing to share with you.

If you want me to send it to you for free, just send me an email to stormznx@gmail.com
If you have tips, post them. Otherwise you will be suspected as being a troll with an agenda. Which I suspect you are.

My favorite form of exercising is climbing in the gym but I haven't done it regularly in about four years. I used to have a group I climbed with regularly and we'd climb Monday and Wednesday evenings. Then I changed jobs and had to commute via the train and couldn't make it into the gym to climb with them anymore. I love climbing because it's both a physical and mental challenge. I also find that when I'm climbing that I completely lose myself in the climb and it's great for letting go of whatever may be stressing me out at the time. I hope to go back to climbing once I retire and have more time. Also by then I should get the senior discount so it should be cheaper. The main problem with climbing is that you really need one or more dedicated partners who will be there when you want to climb. This is especially true if you like to lead climb (which I do) because you need someone who is able to do a lead belay for you.

Right now I'm getting most of my exercise walking the dogs in the mornings. If it's cool enough in the afternoons I'll take the dogs out again in their stroller and walk at my pace rather than theirs. They're small dogs and walk a little bit slowly and also stop a lot to do what dogs do.

Besides that we also like to bicycle, but it's been too warm in the afternoons for my wife so we haven't done that in a while.

The other day I got 4 1/2 hours of paddling. Now that’s exercise. The walks I take are fairly long walks. Today we walked in the rain and I rather liked it. It was cool and refreshing. Plus I get in yoga and pilates in between so I’m doing ok with exercising.

Last edited:
My favorites are:
Rebounding (guess the coast is clear) 😏 tenor.gifimages (21).jpeg,
Essentrics,
Yoga/Stretching images (56).jpeg,
Cardio (indoor jogging or walking),
Resistance Bands or Weights images (53).jpeg

I would love to go hiking or walking on trails but it's more fun to go with someone else for that.

Jack Lalanne used to say...
images (39).jpeg

Speaking of longevity with vitality, I was wondering what some of your favorite exercises or related activities are.

I enjoy:
Swimming - Typically back to shore after the wife knocks me overboard
Hiking/Walking - The wife wants someone slower with her in case we encounter bears
Bicycling (Mostly trail riding - streets are getting too crazy for me and I don't like wearing tight, funny looking outfits.)
Gym equipment - Typically dusting it off. ;)
Running - If someone or something is chasing me - see hiking above.
My great aunt, who lived to be 95 btw, always said, "Don't walk if you can ride, don't stand if you can sit, don't sit if you can lie down and always avoid unnecessary exercise." She was my idol!😁

Climbing trees: You tend to work harder when your life depends on every move you make, when aloft, at sixty feet, or more. Great workout, as long as you live to tell about it.

Back