Football Season

Hanging in here, OldD… thanks for the reminder that daylight will be increasing...I could use some of that, too!!!!!
It's good to see that you and your computer are not snowed in completely there, either.
❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄
I can just barely see over the snowbanks, to your post, here. :ROFLMAO:

I don't feel enthused for watching any of the Sunday games, but I will try, and hope they seem to be of some interest, at the time when they are on.

Ha, not much snow here (a few inches) although it's cold, +4 at the moment. You have a lot of snow there? Winter has been pretty good here so far, although getting back to more normal weather for the next several days or so.

Sunday's games will likely be the best games of the season, including the SB! But, no guarantees. :(

Yea, it's kind'a hard to work up any enthusiasm
As long as Fu Manchu and his legions don't win.

I would not trust anything I say about the Titians and KC; I would not believe Titians were going to make playoffs, how did they beat Ravens?
If I said KC will win, you couldn't trust me, not with my record of the AFC.

I would appreciate a guarantee of some sort, OldD. LOL

At least could you guarantee I will still have electricity for the TV, and for heat, as both will be needed to enjoy any game on Sunday.
:ROFLMAO:
(more snow and strong wind, and similar cold temps to yours, all in the forecast , here)

Yes, Jerry,
That was definitely a shock, seeing that Tenn Titans beat and eliminated, both Pats and Ravens.
It would be an even bigger shock if they win the next one!

Perhaps we could "guarantee" that either KC or Tenn Titans, will win, this Sunday? :unsure::sneaky:

I would appreciate a guarantee of some sort, OldD. LOL

At least could you guarantee I will still have electricity for the TV, and for heat, as both will be needed to enjoy any game on Sunday.
(more snow and strong wind, and similar cold temps to yours, all in the forecast , here)

Let me know if your power goes out. I have maybe a half-dozen extension cords, not sure if they would be enough or not though. :(

But I do guarantee both of Sunday's games will be good . . . just sign this and have it notarized:

pop-ink-csa-images-man-in-hat-with-sign-stating-written-guarantee.jpg

Hello to all of you....

OldD, I couldn't find anyone who was willing to notarize the document above, so I will have to go forward, on just the assumptions and guesses of an olddu….….. well, you know. :rolleyes:

I thought it would be nice for me to post, that the snow came, but not the horrible ice/wind storm that was predicted, so I am glad to announce here, that the power and heat are intact, for both napping and for watching football, today. :)
(Hopefully not at same time, but no guarantee on that )

Btw, this means also, that you can find other uses for the extension cords, today, :sneaky:
which I would suggest you put all of your several TV's in one room, plug them all in, and place them in a semi-circle, for your viewing of today's games. 📺📺📺📺📺📺📺📡

I myself, am feeling sort of inclined to root for the underdog, (Tennessee Titans) to make it all the way to winning the Superbowl,:oops:
so it is fortunate that I am not feeling inclined to bet anything on that inclination.

Not even a dented soda can, Jerry.

Hello to all of you....

OldD, I couldn't find anyone who was willing to notarize the document above, so I will have to go forward, on just the assumptions and guesses of an olddu….….. well, you know. :rolleyes:

I thought it would be nice for me to post, that the snow came, but not the horrible ice/wind storm that was predicted, so I am glad to announce here, that the power and heat are intact, for both napping and for watching football, today. :)
(Hopefully not at same time, but no guarantee on that )

Btw, this means also, that you can find other uses for the extension cords, today, :sneaky:
which I would suggest you put all of your several TV's in one room, plug them all in, and place them in a semi-circle, for your viewing of today's games. 📺📺📺📺📺📺📺📡

I myself, am feeling sort of inclined to root for the underdog, (Tennessee Titans) to make it all the way to winning the Superbowl,:oops:
so it is fortunate that I am not feeling inclined to bet anything on that inclination.

Not even a dented soda can, Jerry.

Okay on the notary, although my sister in question is a notary and would have been glad to sign it. But my guarantee is iron-clad -- trust me on this.
rolleyes-animated.gif

No big storms here either, although it has been snowing lightly all day. I think I'll leave the extension cords where they are as long as you don't need them.
whistle.gif

I'm not rooting for anybody today, except maybe a slight root for the 49ers. I have no explanation as to why.
Shrug-small.gif

So how are you feeling today, Kaila?
confused-2.gif

Am doing alright, thanks, OldD.
I had some sleep already today, so am ready to watch some plays, (Kelce on one side, Henry on the other...and Titans coach so animated, while KC coach is stoic :cautious::sneaky: )

and I am enjoying seeing the posts!

Perhaps your sis in question, is one of the ones who turned me down... :ROFLMAO:
Does she roll her eyes, like this :rolleyes: when looking over some particular type of documents?
:LOL:

Am doing alright, thanks, OldD.
I had some sleep already today, so am ready to watch some plays, (Kelce on one side, Henry on the other...and Titans coach so animated, while KC coach is stoic :cautious::sneaky: )

and I am enjoying seeing the posts!

Perhaps your sis in question, is one of the ones who turned me down... :ROFLMAO:
Does she roll her eyes, like this :rolleyes: when looking over some particular type of documents?
:LOL:

Did you ask my sis and she told you "NO!" ??

Cowboys by 10
not feeling real great today, trying to find something of interest to-to flip back and forth between game,...
I guess the other stations are aware most viewers are watching football game so they show junk. Lot's and lots of diet supplements,
exercise program (Oh goody!)
my only concern is Aaron Rogers loses,

Last edited:
GO MAHOMES! KC up at halftime, 21-17.

After watching this guy two years ago, I said "He is the next Brady."

Now I'm saying, by the end of his career, he will be BETTER than Brady. You heard it here first!

Good first half....many plays on both sides.

Now I'm saying, by the end of his career, he will be BETTER than Brady. You heard it here first!

Ok, OldD .... I'll remember. :rolleyes:
Though, I might be the only one who does. :ROFLMAO:

And BTW, I have been saying for a few yrs now, that Kelce is a better Gronk than Gronk. Really, i have.

trying to find something of interest to-to flip back and forth between game,...
I guess the other stations are aware most viewers are watching football game so they show junk. Lot's and lots of diet supplements,

I noticed that too, and concluded the same that you did, Jerry.
Sorry you are not feeling good either, but I'm glad you checked in here with us, today. (y)

In our alternate reality game, Cowboys would be leading, over Giants for the Division title.:)

Good first half....many plays on both sides.

Ok, OldD .... I'll remember. :rolleyes:
Though, I might be the only one who does. :ROFLMAO:

And BTW, I have been saying for a few yrs now, that Kelce is a better Gronk than Gronk. Really, i have.

I noticed that too, and concluded the same that you did, Jerry.
Sorry you are not feeling good either, but I'm glad you checked in here with us, today. (y)

In our alternate reality game, Cowboys would be leading, over Giants for the Division title.:)

You may be quite right about Kelce being the best Gronk.

FWIW: By the time Mahomes' career is over, I'll be ashes. I was just fishing around about him and saw that his father was born in 1970. Wut? Ha.

Chiefs taking it to the Super Bowl ..... after 50 years, they deserve it!

from ESPN:

The Chiefs became the second AFL to defeat an NFL team in an AFL-NFL World Championship Game in 1970, taking down the Minnesota Vikings 23–7 in Super Bowl IV. Kansas City hasn't been back to the Super Bowl since.

Kansas City reached Super Bowl I after winning the AFL Championship in 1966, but the Chiefs lost to the NFL's Green Bay Packers.

0130 hours, CST

Sorry guy: bad day, bed; however, got up to watch 10 minutes of Packers x3

Song: 'Well you found someone that set you back on your hills, goody, goody>"

Kaila, I guess were going to have to help OD push his Chiefs in the Super Bowl.

Bonnie, Kc beat Vikes in SP, the vikes have been there four times, lost all four.

Are you'll sure the KC and SF are in SB, maybe it's fake news, could be that Cowboys and Pats? Well, there's always next year.

Yesterday was almost a Holiday for most of Missouri, as the Chiefs are going to the Super Bowl, for the 1st time in 50 years. There probably wasn't an empty seat at Arrowhead stadium, and the ears of many fans are probably ringing this morning from the "decibels"....Arrowhead is known as being the loudest stadium in the NFL. Mahomes and Kelce should be ranking right up near the top for this years NFL player of the year.
Locally, we all gathered at the oldest Daughter/Son-in-laws lake house yesterday, and had a super good day watching the game on their huge TV. The fans at Arrowhead probably had several layers of clothes on, as we are in the middle of the coldest weather so far, this Winter. Now, if the Chiefs can do it One More Time in two weeks, KC will probably have a huge celebration.

So where were you KC fans in 1970 when your team beat the Vikes 23-7, Super Bowl IV?

That team was I believe the first NFL team to have mandatory, team-structured weight training. Some teams didn't bother at all while for others it was informal at best, left up to individual players.

feeling 'all better' today: now predictions:

Sf is going to have to prove Gapo can pass, otherwise chief's linebackers and a couple of defensive backs will be creeping to the line of scrimmage to stop niners running game.
If KC has five men (three linebackers and two defensive backs) close to line of scrimmage, sacks and interceptions are a given.

The 49's have a good defensive line to thwart Mahomes; if they run, run, run the ball, limiting Chief's time of possession they can win,
but, Mahomes is on a roll and has three good receivers.

Gapo is going to have to prove he can pass to make the defensive backs play honest..
So be looking for Niners to come out throwing.

pundits state defense wins super bowls, but not those playing against a QB of Mahomes caliber.

We got two weeks to kick it around

(I've quit using capitals, I'm to sorry to push cap key)

feeling 'all better' today: now predictions:

Sf is going to have to prove Gapo can pass, otherwise chief's linebackers and a couple of defensive backs will be creeping to the line of scrimmage to stop niners running game.
If KC has five men (three linebackers and two defensive backs) close to line of scrimmage, sacks and interceptions are a given.

The 49's have a good defensive line to thwart Mahomes; if they run, run, run the ball, limiting Chief's time of possession they can win,
but, Mahomes is on a roll and has three good receivers.

Gapo is going to have to prove he can pass to make the defensive backs play honest..
So be looking for Niners to come out throwing.

pundits state defense wins super bowls, but not those playing against a QB of Mahomes caliber.

We got two weeks to kick it around

(I've quit using capitals, I'm to sorry to push cap key)

I hate sports betting, but I heard on the local radio guy that minutes after SF won Vegas favored neither team, but now it's got KC up 1 to 1.5 points.

Two super, but different, teams battling it out -- both with young QBs.

And may the best team win! (although I guess I'm rooting for KC)

The Vikings and Bills: both have lost four Super Bowls, keeping that in mind:

Question: what do you call a Viking with a Super Bowl Ring?
Answer: A thief

Question: How come a Viking quarterback cannot be using a regular phone?
Answer: They cannot find the receiver

Hey, didn't know each NFL team (I checked-3) have joke sites on the net
, just type in name of team, then jokes" most are depicting their inaptitude -Hmmm

Last edited:
Some old quarterback from Montana has guaranteed his old team will win the super bowl.
I know SF is a good team but I'd like to see Reed's team win it.

Back