Football Season

Hi, @Old Dummy
Did you see the other additional and equally informative and educational and brilliant :cool::ROFLMAO::geek::ROFLMAO:
replies to your question?

I sometimes miss the last one (or 2 or 3) posts on the end of a page. I don't know if I am the only one or not.:rolleyes::giggle:

Hackers have been busy this week ... messing with NFL (Twitter) accounts before the Super Bowl

The NFL has tightened social media security after hackers launched a wide-ranging attack just days before Super Bowl LIV.

A number of NFL teams' Twitter accounts have recently been targeted by hackers, including the Twitter accounts for the Kansas City Chiefs and the San Francisco 49ers, who meet in the Super Bowl in Miami on Sunday.

“On Monday, the NFL Cybersecurity department became aware of a breach of a league-related social media account. Targeted breaches and additional failed attempts were discovered across the league and team accounts,” the NFL explained in a statement released Tuesday. “The NFL took immediate action and directed the teams to secure their social media accounts and prevent further unauthorized access. Simultaneously, the league alerted the social media platform providers and, with their assistance, secured all league and club accounts. We continue to work diligently with the teams, which have resumed normal operations.”

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/nfl-tightens-social-media-security-hackers-super-bowl-attack.amp

“On Monday, the NFL Cybersecurity department became aware of a breach of a league-related social media account. Targeted breaches and additional failed attempts were discovered across the league and team accounts,” the NFL explained in a statement released Tuesday. “The NFL took immediate action and directed the teams to secure their social media accounts and prevent further unauthorized access.
This is amazing news. I think that we should put the NFL Cybersecurity department in charge of our national elections.

We've had breaches for the past few elections and haven't done anything about it yet??? Time for the NFL to be put in charge.

Hi, @Old Dummy
Did you see the other additional and equally informative and educational and brilliant :cool::ROFLMAO::geek::ROFLMAO:
replies to your question?

I sometimes miss the last one (or 2 or 3) posts on the end of a page. I don't know if I am the only one or not.:rolleyes::giggle:

Yes I did, Kaila. But when I got to Bonnie's post I forgot to backtrack. :cool:

Kaila -->
whipping.gif
<-- OD

Last edited:
Or wait till it's done and then, just watch the highlights...

which I need to do, anyway, even after watching the "game" …. if I watch it, and if I want to remember any of it :rolleyes:o_O

Not sure I will watch the next one...with even more talking sessions, opinions, overly-redundant analysis, and blah-blah, and commercials, and so-called entertainments....and shows...I just cant find myself with any interest.

I sort of wish they would re-show the game, with just the game itself. :ROFLMAO:
But that is definitely , just NOT how they do it!

Yrs ago, I would tape the games, and then could fast forward thru the parts I wanted to, but I don't have any of that function now... with my current TV set up.

Or wait till it's done and then, just watch the highlights...

which I need to do, anyway, even after watching the "game" …. if I watch it, and if I want to remember any of it :rolleyes:o_O

Not sure I will watch the next one...with even more talking sessions, opinions, overly-redundant analysis, and blah-blah, and commercials, and so-called entertainments....and shows...I just cant find myself with any interest.

I sort of wish they would re-show the game, with just the game itself. :ROFLMAO:
But that is definitely , just NOT how they do it!

Yrs ago, I would tape the games, and then could fast forward thru the parts I wanted to, but I don't have any of that function now... with my current TV set up.

I guess the new gadget is called a "DVR," (Digital Video Recorder) which is just a hard drive like on your PC.

I don't have one either. Not sure if a DVD player can be hooked up to a modern over-the-air signal or not. I haven't monkeyed with it cuz I don't really care.

How is Kaila doing? o_O

Thanks, OldD.
I will think about those recording options, you mentioned, if I feel inclined, in the future.
Especially for some games that have long half-times and are on late at night.
I've had a few different ways in the past, and none of those work now.
Not interested enough in this game at this point.

I kept thinking that when this TV stops working, a newer one would record easily in itself, but this one keeps working too well. :ROFLMAO:

Kaila isn't doing too well, :cautious:thanks for asking :rolleyes:o_O…. but it's good to have the forum for these distractions.

Thanks, OldD.
I will think about those recording options, you mentioned, if I feel inclined, in the future.
Especially for some games that have long half-times and are on late at night.
I've had a few different ways in the past, and none of those work now.
Not interested enough in this game at this point.

I kept thinking that when this TV stops working, a newer one would record easily in itself, but this one keeps working too well. :ROFLMAO:

Kaila isn't doing too well, :cautious:thanks for asking :rolleyes:o_O…. but it's good to have the forum for these distractions.

Sunday: I will watch some of the pre-game, cuz there probably won't be anything else on that's interesting.

Half time: I will surf online or switch TV channels. It will be dark out so I can't watch the snow melt, so maybe I can watch my cats sleep.

FWIW: I bought a new living room TV in 2015. Replaced an early '90s behemoth with a 43" Vizeo flat screen. In 2016 I replaced bedroom TV with a 32" Smart Vizeo. Neither will record, I'm guessing that's not an option (or wasn't then, maybe is now). A word to the wise: Don't waste the extra money on a "smart" TV. My Vizeo "smart" TV is DUMB; I added a Roku stick for $40 and it's immeasurably better.

Not being nosy Kaila, but I hope whatever is wrong with you isn't a chronic, serious thing. That's the problem with getting old: health problems often don't ever go away -- like when we were young. :(

I couldn't find interest for myself personally, in any of the big pre-game hoopla today, and needed to rest, anyway,
but I hope some others of you people are enjoying some parts of the TV coverage and of your day, today, on Superbowl Sunday!

I will turn on the first half of the Superbowl game, to watch some plays, and to see and find out,
what they, each team/coaches and players, tries to do and has been planning ahead, for today's match-up.

Anyone else watching today?

I couldn't find interest for myself personally, in any of the big pre-game hoopla today, and needed to rest, anyway,
but I hope some others of you people are enjoying some parts of the TV coverage and of your day, today, on Superbowl Sunday!

I will turn on the first half of the Superbowl game, to watch some plays, and to see and find out,
what they, each team/coaches and players, tries to do and has been planning ahead, for today's match-up.

Anyone else watching today?

Hi Kaila, hope you are feeling okay.

I just started watching about a half-hour ago.

This is it til September!

Back