Football Season

More tears in Michigan, but they have the Great Lakes to replenish any large water loss.
I though they might pull it off until 4th quarter.

Ohio, Michigan, Auburn and 'Bama, interesting when the camera pans the stands
all the little boys and girls; (babies to an old man like me) their so earnest, so desperately involved and so, so downcast when their teams flub up or when their teams get behind or lose.
As long as we have the boys and girls in the stands that have something to cheer for or a football game that brings sorrow, America is OKAY..
(Us old folks have our memories how it once was, that's enough)

Auburn dt #5, never have seen a dl knock a pass down and the qb catch the deflection.
It is okay for 'bama to lose, it happens so rarely.

I can't get anything done with these darn football games going on and on.
We have the bowl games in Jan, the NFL playoffs; mercy, house has not been cleaned in 7-8 years; maybe this spring.

Indigenous folk vs large black cats unho
Sunday Dec 1, 2019
Jest vs singles uhhu

young horses vs big guys unhu

Shoes vs thieves might be interesting

Another group of big people vs meat industry unhu

Lethe 200, this harder than I thought. I know nothing of Panthers, jets, and others.

We've got the two biggies already listed.

Come back Lethe!

Ten people founded the NFL, eight fell away for one reason or other, the two we know were George Halas, (Poppy Bear), Art Ronney (Steelers)(they spell it Ra)
one that disappeared was Jim Thorpe. (I'm having trouble verifying Thorpe as a owner,
it was on one of those dropdown info charts on the NFL which listed the first ten owners)

I hope were going to help Kaila and DaveA corral those pesky Texans. Brady is Brady-nuff said. Texans will not lay down, but do they have
enough offense (their QB runs well) to slam into that Pat defense

I know we have a 49's fan, but I missed him/her on list of who's rooting for who. Their going to need help today (You Think?)
Watch how crisp and ready to play 49's are. They look, act like a pro football team.
(yea, so did Ohio State yesterday) It is really difficult to root for 49's, Bill Walsh and Montana beat Cowboys in playoffs (3 times I think)

Game is at Ravens home, it is cold and rainy, talking heads are making much of SF being a California Team, but SF has ugly weather also.
Pick-Ravens

Game is at Ravens home, it is cold and rainy, talking heads are making much of SF being a California Team, but SF has ugly weather also.

Hi all,
I have no guess who will win this Baltimore VS 49ers game today, but should be an interesting one, and possibly high scoring.

Btw, SF 49ers QB, Garoppolo, was Brady's back-up for several years, so while in New England, he practiced many, many times, in all sorts of weather, which is what that Pats team regularly does. The worse the weather, the more they practice outdoors, so cold rain is one thing that will not rattle the present SF 49ers QB. HIs inconsistency would not be weather-related, imo. They also picked up some other veteran players too, so I don't think weather is a weak spot for them.

I don't know how the Pats will do with Houston this time. There are so many coaches and players in Houston that were ex-Pats, are good and know Pats systems,
plus the flu this week, sidelined most NE Pats players, from practicing, and I am not sure they could do the regular game-specific planning that usually wins them games.

Both of these 2 games, are important to all of the teams playing them, for playoff standings, but then again, they are just single regular season games. :)

watching got steelers/browns, their rocking-socking, the boys do not care for each other Go Browns

49's are doing more than holding their own, 17:17, nasty weather does not seem to be having any effect on niners

Heard this afternoon that the Patriots had to fly TWO planes to Houston for the game tonight. .. one with healthy players, and another with the recovering flu victims.
How are they going to play without breathing on each other??:rolleyes:

That is true, they did, which I haven't ever heard of before. 🛩🛩

I don't know the answer to your sensible question, Bonnie. :unsure::rolleyes:
:LOL:

But I wonder how they decided on some of them. They must have put at least one wrong person into each of them, so I am wondering.... what the results will be, regarding the contagion illnesses.... :ROFLMAO:

But I do think it could effect the game, too. Couldn't the team have called in sick, and postpone it?

Maybe I should have worded this post differently:

They must have put at least one person onto the WRONG PLANE.
LOL
(
Not the wrong person... )

Now, let's see, we wonder how they can afford 2 planes. :LOL:
Word had it, a few years ago, they chose to spend on a plane rather than a ROOF for that stadium! :ROFLMAO:
Let it snow! ❄☃⛄

Last edited:
Pats overwhelmed by the Texans as Brady threw a couple of costly interceptions. The Pats did look a bit "flat" but the Texans did their job and ended up with the win. This is the third game in a row that the Pats have looked bad, IMHO. If they weren't in such a weak division I think their record might be a little worse. Brady is definitely not the Brady of the past and except for Edelman and James White, the receivers are sub-par.

Dava A, Kaila lethe200, Bonnie and others:

(See DaveA above)

I looked up oldest NFL Player, George Blanda, age 48, backup QB and field gold kicker and a lot of sitting on the bench.
He played for a few teams, (Oakland) finished up at Houston (forgot Houston's correct name, this was the old AFL)
Brady's a childish 42...whatever, he looks good for a 42 year old man.

It was a good game, BB student whipped his britches, barely.

Then I looked up Oklahoma from 1955-1957, won 47 consecutive games-that's four years without a loss.
I listened to a sports show on a car radio (had to go outside, couldn't tie up radio in house). I was only interested in Dodgers,
but they keep talking about this Bud Wilkinson coach at Oklahoma, truly an achievement, don't see how it could happen again.

These college ranking systems are not for me, You win your conference, play a championship game-be in a bowl game or whatever,
then you go home. Again, they will milk the public for every penny. Just as the Pros have done.

I will watch 'Boy's and Bears Thursday, I watched too much football-college games. Only saw last half of Pats, and I was bored.,

It beats situational comedies, and the usual TV nonsense; when I get fed up with the hokum, I switch over to
Matt Dillion shoot somebody.

49'a to Beat Seahawks-huh? what you think.
Cleveland vs Steelers, Nasty, nasty, nasty, but very interesting football games.

Pats overwhelmed by the Texans as Brady threw a couple of costly interceptions. The Pats did look a bit "flat" but the Texans did their job and ended up with the win. This is the third game in a row that the Pats have looked bad, IMHO. If they weren't in such a weak division I think their record might be a little worse. Brady is definitely not the Brady of the past and except for Edelman and James White, the receivers are sub-par.

Dave, I never thought I would live to see the day the Texans could handle the Patriots

Romeo Crennel turned the heat up for this game, along with Watson, who inserted some of his own invented trickery.

I looked up oldest NFL Player, George Blanda, age 48, backup QB and field gold kicker and a lot of sitting on the bench.
He played for a few teams, (Oakland) finished up at Houston (forgot Houston's correct name, this was the old AFL)
Brady's a childish 42...whatever, he looks good for a 42 year old man.

George Blanda 1961 Houston Oilers, AFL Most Valuable Player
Posted on by Max
George was unlikely to succeed. Bear Bryant, his college coach at the University of Kentucky in the late 1940s, told his first pro coach, George Halas of the Chicago Bears, that Blanda would never make it in the National Football League. Bryant, it later became apparent, was occasionally wrong.

blanda1.jpg

http://cardsthatneverwere.com/?p=1068

Redskins took the NC Panthers 29-21, was a good game. Washington is now

If the 'skins go on a winning streak, they might take the title of NFC East, it appears the cowboys or eagles don't want it? The whole
conference is pitiful, just pitiful.
It is good to root for a team that's trying, but those cowboys!
I don't know, just don't know...

Last edited:
OKAY, I'VE Seen enough teams this season to state that the NINER'S ARE the best football team in the their league. Other teams have better
qb, rb and skilled players individually , but the 49's field the best team. There going to be in the hunt for the next three years, perhaps longer if free agency does not kill them.

Now, for that other league, I don't know?
Ravens, Pats, Chiefs (Houston?-if they make the playoffs is a possibility)

I want to see the ravens qb play the pats.-BB has had several weeks to draw up plays-might take more than pencil and paper.

Chief's cannot be counted out, Mahomes seems to be getting his hot hand back. I would go with Chiefs-IF Mahomes continues to regain 2018,
form

(An opinion, won't happen, but it is not impossible- So if these 'great players' have a bad day that leaves Buffalo.
Basically, I saying if all the teams with their exceptional player flop; Buffalo has a journeymen roster of good, not great, but good. Their not as good as 49's. not even close, but they could get into playoffs and surprise people)

Next day: watching TV 'America's Team has become America's Nightmare) j

Last edited:
I agree with you, Bonnie. Ravens and 49ers. The only other teams I'll be keeping an eye on are Seattle (never count Wilson's magic out) and the Saints. Pats (sadly for me) are falling apart and IMHO are going nowhere.

Back