Germany fears 100,000 new Covid cases a day in third wave

That Marci, is the koolaid. Wear a Mask. Stay isolated. Another waive is coming! We are all in trouble!
Get a shot EVERY year. Another variant!
the koolaid...is that an offhanded remark similar to being called a sheep?

forget it. it's not worth wasting my breath on.

Last edited:
the koolaid...is that an offhanded remark similar to being called a sheep?

forget it. it's not worth wasting my breath on.
Kool-Aid reference is more along the lines of "group think".
Remember Jim Jones? The religious cult leader that all his members drank the Kool-Aid without question?
It's a very common term.

By the way. I didn't call you anything. I don't "call" anyone anything on this forum. You need to stop internalizing my comments.
I said. "I refuse to be a sheep".

By the way, I just looked up my "Sheep" comment that were you referring to. I was replying to someone else's post. How you took that as reference to you personally is beyond me.

Last edited:
I like Germany, having lived and worked there. However, I'm glad I'm not there at the minute. I don't blame the German people (or the French or any other European people) for the mess, but I do blame their leaders. They ordered late, they didn't check the contracts, they criticised the inexpensive, highly effective AZ vaccine, and now they're screaming at the UK for not supplying the vaccine that they said was no good. I hope they get it sorted out before it's too late.

But I have one very important question. This has been going on for over a year because we're told we can't let hospital staff become overwhelmed, we don't have enough ICU beds. In a year, wasn't there enough time for those in charge to get more staff and ICU beds so these Draconian measures and all this fearmongering would no longer be necessary? This is my question.
Sure we can get more beds but who's going to staff them? Nursing degrees take years not weeks.

I have said this from the start, at least over here, everybody
that died, died from Coronavirus, not much else, nobody
died of Flu, or Pneumonia, the death rate from the virus had
to be in the high 90% range.

Most of the unrest and defiance about distance and masks
is all from younger people 45years and younger, another
mistake from the Government who stated that it is deadly
for Seniors, but not for youngsters.

Maybe that's why they are now talking about variants that
attack everybody, old and young alike, maybe there is no
variants, just another fear factor, to get masks on more faces
and distances apart kept as advised.

Mike.
I agree. This is about control, not about combating a virus. That's why the CDC continues on and on about variants. It makes people feel helpless and frightened. I think this fits with their agenda. which seems to be one of blind conformity.

I have said this from the start, at least over here, everybody
that died, died from Coronavirus, not much else, nobody
died of Flu, or Pneumonia, the death rate from the virus had
to be in the high 90% range.

Most of the unrest and defiance about distance and masks
is all from younger people 45years and younger, another
mistake from the Government who stated that it is deadly
for Seniors, but not for youngsters.

Maybe that's why they are now talking about variants that
attack everybody, old and young alike, maybe there is no
variants, just another fear factor, to get masks on more faces
and distances apart kept as advised.

Mike.
I personally know several people who died in the last year but not from Covid. According to the CDC, there was more than 2.9 million deaths in 2020 in the U.S. Over here they are not saying that everyone who died, died from Covid. Must be different where you are.

It appears that if there is ever a future pandemic that is more contagious and lethal, the planet will be inherited by the Chinese, Southeast Asians, and the Australians.
Being sheep is a very successful survival strategy. I love all those sheep on the roadways who stay on their side of the road and obey stop signs. I'm sure they are suffering terribly from giving away their right to drive all over the road and never stop for a minute to let others go through the intersections. Poor things.

Here(Wales) we have recorded our third day in the past week with no Covid deaths.And Boris insists the path to normality is still on track.
What they are up to in Germany I have no idea...but vaccination is having a major effect here.Shame not all British leaders are on the same wavelength.

But I have one very important question. This has been going on for over a year because we're told we can't let hospital staff become overwhelmed, we don't have enough ICU beds. In a year, wasn't there enough time for those in charge to get more staff and ICU beds so these Draconian measures and all this fearmongering would no longer be necessary? This is my question. And it leads me to believe perhaps there is another agenda here which is not being revealed to us.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/22/health/Covid-ventilators-stockpile.html

This article explains that not everyone knows how to run a ventilator.

Back