Happiness in Living Alone

@Lara When Johnny Cash was interviewed by Larry King for the last time, Larry asked him if he was mad at God, for how his life ended up. John replied, "Oh no, God has given me a wonderful life. My arms are too short to box with God"! It is my favorite quote of his.

God pours out salvation and blessings on those whom He favors.
Why does Isaiah 45:7 say that God created evil? | GotQuestions.org

On another forum someone says that all of humanity has free will. I asked, what "free will" does an abortion victim have. The commentator declined to answer.

A god who causes the downfall in the Garden of Eden, who creates all evil, and who predestinates by favoring some over others can hardly be said to be worthy of worship. But if that is what some wish to believe, then so be it.

I had the opportunity to build a home on the northern Atlantic coast of this little Canadian island province about 5 years ago.

I chose to live alone after struggling with addiction and loss, sold my part of a business and said it was time to live instead of wait to live. I got clean about 7 years ago from alcohol - not a drop since. never again. (drank for almost 27 years) ..and now I live for better things now. Kindness, sunrises and sunsets, trying my hand at cooking and doing things that make life worth something to me - i take moments that I feel passed me by for so many years. I try to keep in shape and I do what I can to make everyday count even as I'm alone here. I have a new cat lol. he's my buddy. he's about 2 years old so his energy compared to mine is very different. i mean i still have some energy, but a 2 year old cat reminds me of the energy I might have had about 45 years ago lol. he makes me smile and laugh.

I don't do enough smiling and laughing, but I'm catching up on it.

The past 2 years has been brutally tough on many of you for SO many reasons. my heart goes out to you because i know 'isolating' for some is scary and sad..we are human. we feel these things..i wish for better things ahead for all of you. hang in there. sunnier days ahead, I'm sure of it : )

Alone is good as long as you have yourself and your honest values to keep you company..and maybe a energetic young cat too lol

I had the opportunity to build a home on the northern Atlantic coast of this little Canadian island province about 5 years ago.

I chose to live alone after struggling with addiction and loss, sold my part of a business and said it was time to live instead of wait to live. I got clean about 7 years ago from alcohol - not a drop since. never again. (drank for almost 27 years) ..and now I live for better things now. Kindness, sunrises and sunsets, trying my hand at cooking and doing things that make life worth something to me - i take moments that I feel passed me by for so many years. I try to keep in shape and I do what I can to make everyday count even as I'm alone here. I have a new cat lol. he's my buddy. he's about 2 years old so his energy compared to mine is very different. i mean i still have some energy, but a 2 year old cat reminds me of the energy I might have had about 45 years ago lol. he makes me smile and laugh.

The past 2 years has been brutally tough on many of you for SO many reasons. my heart goes out to you because i know 'isolating' for some is scary and sad..we are human. we feel these things..i wish for better things ahead for all of you. hang in there. sunnier days ahead, I'm sure of it : )

Alone is good as long as you have yourself and your honest values to keep you company..and maybe a energetic young cat too lol
Thank you for giving us a glimpse into the real you! It's an honor to have you on the forum. You are a man who has grown in your soul!

I find that whenever I struggle with addiction, I find that if I make sure I have enough alcohol in the house and don't run out when I'm on a binge, I'm okay. (y)

Back