Hard hit of the reality of it....(Covid19 tested positive)

old medic

As a Paramedic I have had a bit of information overload with Covid... And working in a small rural county with only one confirmed case figured we should be pretty safe.... My great luck had to jump in and screw everything up. I have been seriously exposed to a suspected patient, and taken out of work.
Their results came back positive this morning, and the health dept has placed me under quarantine for 2 weeks. They wont test me unless I start having symptoms. I'm healthy for the most part, but damn the anxiety of it...

As a Paramedic I have had a bit of information overload with Covid... And working in a small rural county with only one confirmed case figured we should be pretty safe.... My great luck had to jump in and screw everything up. I have been seriously exposed to a suspected patient, and taken out of work.
Their results came back positive this morning, and the health dept has placed me under quarantine for 2 weeks. They wont test me unless I start having symptoms. I'm healthy for the most part, but damn the anxiety of it...
wishing you the mildest of symptoms if any at all..having just gone through it myself, and my o/h now very poorly with it for the last 9 days, but not hospitalised ...yet,.... I understand your fear... Thank you for your service, may you be well very soon...

wishing you the mildest of symptoms if any at all..having just gone through it myself, and my o/h now very poorly with it for the last 9 days, but not hospitalised ...yet,.... I understand your fear... Thank you for your service, may you be well very soon...

Didn't know you had Covid-19 @hollydolly ! ... oh my! .... Best wishes to you and your hubby!

And @old medic, all my best that you have no issues with it.

I am so sorry to hear this, old medic. I'm sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family. I consider you a hero for being a first responder and confronting this mess every day when you go out to help others and risking your own health in the process. I know that might sound corny, but it's true . . . .

My heart goes out to you and yours.

well that's what I'm hoping pepper, but there's been no concrete proof that you can't get it twice, apparently there are 2 different strains... I just hope and pray I'm now immune...
I don't know how I missed this. I know you & hub were ill, had no idea you suspected, or were told, it was C-19. My only excuse is that I must be losing my mind. Please forgive me for not being more attentive to you and please know how happy I am that you have recovered and/or are recovering. xoxoxoxoxo

How do they test a person? By taking blood? I had a straw stuck up my nose to check for a virus. That's no fun.

That's the way, the swab up your nose. I once had a tiny camera shoved down my nose down the throat. I do not wish to relive that experience.
I get the camera down the throat once a year because I have Barrett's Esophagus. You are right, The camera is worse, but only because it takes longer than the swab up the nose. The first time I had my nose swabbed. I thought that it wouldn't be much to it. Yeah, right!

I'm very sorry to read this and you will be in my Prayers.

Oh honey, I'm so sorry! I worry for my son in California, he's a Firefighter Paramedic and he's also on the front lines of this!

I wish for a speedy and easy recovery for you! :love: Also, not trying to be nosy so don't answer if it's too intrusive. Do you have a significant other, spouse, friend etc., you're living with? Is that person also exposed?

I’ve had the camera through the nose and down the throat. Very uncomfortable.

Thank you for your service .
You deserve the best for the work you provide so the rest of us can stay well. It’s so appreciated.
I wish you the best and hope you stay well.

Back