Has Anyone Been Dining Out at Indoor Restaurants?

I'm alive and I intend to live life to the fullest, not cower in the dark over some propaganda spewed by some actors on the tel-lie-vision.

This is no longer flu season. Viruses can't survive the warm, humid temperatures of the climate I live in.

The only people who are in danger live in the southern hemisphere, where it is now winter.
The phony information about increased cases of covid 19 are in people who had mild or symptom free cases and have developed antibodies, so they won't ever need a vaccine.

The death rates attributed to this bio weapon are falling every day. The current rate is under 1%, way less lethal than the regular flu.

It's your choice to live in fear or to LIVE for the remaining years you have left.
What are you going to do when you find out you fell for a psy-op?

Oh my God! THIS is why we'll never control covid without a vaccine. There are so many false hoods in the above statement I wouldn't know where to start. Somebody tell Florida and Texas that it's not hot there now. LOL,SMH

is it possible to obtain the same feel of getting out by maybe ordering delivery & having a picnic with it? or perhaps eating it on the porch? i have not been to a restaurant since this began. i seldom get take out, either.

I agree with this. We went away for a long weekend and got takeout daily and ate at a picnic table in the park. Felt pretty much like outdoor dining at a restaurant.

If your mask protects you from a disease, why are you concerned about what other people do? You're protected, right?
If you take a vaccine and it gives you the antibodies to keep you from getting an illness, why would you feel threatened by someone who refused a vaccine? Doctors tell you that you're protected. What other people do or don't shouldn't affect you.

When will we feel 100% at ease in a restaurant? Keep in mind the people responsible for the cleaning and disinfecting are typically paid next to nothing. Add the virus may linger for any years if not decades. So for me I will carry wipes with me if I go back.

Yes, I've eaten out many times since the crazy stuff began. Last week we ate at our favorite Japanese restaurant and it was delicious.
We eat out at least once a week~whenever they are open. We've eaten at our favorite Mexican restaurant and our favorite steakhouse in the past few weeks. It's important to support these businesses, so that they can thrive and be there when things return to normal.

In June, we took the camper to Florida and ate out several times~had some great fresh seafood dinners.

I'm alive and I intend to live life to the fullest, not cower in the dark over some propaganda spewed by some actors on the tel-lie-vision.

This is no longer flu season. Viruses can't survive the warm, humid temperatures of the climate I live in.

The only people who are in danger live in the southern hemisphere, where it is now winter.
The phony information about increased cases of covid 19 are in people who had mild or symptom free cases and have developed antibodies, so they won't ever need a vaccine.

The death rates attributed to this bio weapon are falling every day. The current rate is under 1%, way less lethal than the regular flu.

It's your choice to live in fear or to LIVE for the remaining years you have left.
😯🤔😂

The restaurants are open here, I’ll probably never eat in one again. So, no, for me. I do get take out, but husband goes in and gets it. Not me, no way.

The restaurants are open here, I’ll probably never eat in one again. So, no, for me. I do get take out, but husband goes in and gets it. Not me, no way.
If you cohabitate with your husband, whatever virus germs he picks up are likely to wander over to you.
I can't say whether the method he uses for getting takeout is safe or risky, merely that people who share kitchen space and other living quarters end up swimming in the same germ pool.

Yes, I've eaten out many times since the crazy stuff began. Last week we ate at our favorite Japanese restaurant and it was delicious.
We eat out at least once a week~whenever they are open. We've eaten at our favorite Mexican restaurant and our favorite steakhouse in the past few weeks. It's important to support these businesses, so that they can thrive and be there when things return to normal.

In June, we took the camper to Florida and ate out several times~had some great fresh seafood dinners.

I plan to live..by not dining in a restaurant which has shown to be a place the virus spreads...I'm not afraid, just smart. My state is in Summer and our recorded cases now of the virus are sky high. I sincerely hope you don't come down with the virus.

is it possible to obtain the same feel of getting out by maybe ordering delivery & having a picnic with it? or perhaps eating it on the porch? i have not been to a restaurant since this began. i seldom get take out, either.
Instead of dining at the outdoor restaurant me and doggy went to BK and ate in the car. At least we got out.

If you cohabitate with your husband, whatever virus germs he picks up are likely to wander over to you.
I can't say whether the method he uses for getting takeout is safe or risky, merely that people who share kitchen space and other living quarters end up swimming in the same germ pool.
Yes I know and I tell him and tell him if he doesn’t wear a mask, and wash up good, and gives me the virus-if I live through it and he lives through it, well, he won’t live through it very long. 🤣

We tried a chain restaurant that offered more than the 6ft. separated seating & the required other safe guards. We haven't eaten out in so long I don't remember the last time. So we tried TGi Fridays because it was open.

Both tried the sirloin that came with mashed potatoes & steamed broccoli. Sirloin was over cooked, gravy for the potatoes was extra, the broccoli soaked in butter was edible. Meal, 22% suggested tip & tax a little under $50.00 That cured us of experimenting with the unknown.
I'll stick to eating at home BBQ'ing better protein for a fraction of the price.

Spoke with a friend, age 80, who I used to see occasionally for lunch. Dear friend is in great shape for her age. I just called to chat since I have not spoken with her in awhile. She asked could we do lunch this week or next. I told her that, no, I was not going to restaurants with Covid circulating in our area. I am 76. She didn't seem to understand why and I explained that I am following the guidelines for those folks in our age category. She thinks that when they opened things back up, it was o.k. to do restaurants, bars, etc. I explained that it is a real risk for us older folks. Don't know how she missed that part.

Spoke with a friend, age 80, who I used to see occasionally for lunch. Dear friend is in great shape for her age. I just called to chat since I have not spoken with her in awhile. She asked could we do lunch this week or next. I told her that, no, I was not going to restaurants with Covid circulating in our area. I am 76. She didn't seem to understand why and I explained that I am following the guidelines for those folks in our age category. She thinks that when they opened things back up, it was o.k. to do restaurants, bars, etc. I explained that it is a real risk for us older folks. Don't know how she missed that part.

I've seen several people with risk factors think that just because we had to let people get back to work that the overall dangers somehow decreased. Think for several reasons including the novelty of the whole crisis wearing off, cabin fever, normalcy bias ...whatever. I think most of them intellectually know the danger didn't lessen but choose to mentally block it out the way people do about so many harmful things.

Maybe she didn't miss anything, maybe she has decided that @ 80 she is going to enjoy whatever time she has left .

Yes, my SIL and I went for dine in at our favorite restaurant just for a change. We missed the ambiance and we aren't a fan of take-out nor delivery. It did wonders for our mental health, we're doing it again.

Into Haliburton today, main street lost street parking to tables out of the restaurants. They were sitting less than a foot from traffic, tables were not even close to the distancing and only one waitress was wearing a mask. Just can't see the enjoyment of idling vehicles and huge dump trucks driving so close. Side walks loaded with crowds again no masks etc.
I wore a face shield when I went in anywhere.
Surprised?? Nope.
Thanks for the update LL. We haven't been there for a couple of years so were hoping to take a day trip there sometime next month as we'll be in the general area. Guess we'll have to postpone our visit to much later on, probably next year now.

I've just been dying to go out somewhere but thought my favorite restaurant wasn't an option. I looked at their website last night and they now have outdoor dining too socially distanced. I think I am going to take a ride by it and see if it's something I can do. I feel like I have to get out.
@Ruthanne Ron and I have eaten out twice in the past month, both outside dining locations. One was at our local marina on their outside deck, and one a Micro brewery trendy place About 10 minutes from where we live, on their upstairs patio.

Both places had the tables placed far apart, and we went during the middle afternoon when there’s typically a slump between lunch and dinner so not many people. There were only a couple of other patrons there in both places.

We walked in with masks on and kept them on while we ordered. We also ordered everything at once .. drinks and meal.. so the waitresses, who also wore masks, didn’t have to keep coming back. We took our masks off to eat and then put them in again to order coffee and dessert at one place.

We’d already agreed that if we went and the place was crowded, or even not crowded just more people than we were comfortable with, we wouldn’t stay.

Honestly it was a real morale booster to be able to get out and eat. We weren’t stupid about it,and it lifted our spirits. I think it’s really important right now to do what we can to take care of our emotional health as well as our physical selves. 👍

Thanks for the update LL. We haven't been there for a couple of years so were hoping to take a day trip there sometime next month as we'll be in the general area. Guess we'll have to postpone our visit to much later on, probably next year now.
Hubby and I were at Kosy Korner restaurant in Haliburton ON on Sat. Aug 1st. We sat outside on long tables 6 ft apart and it was great. There were other restaurants on the street that were not spaced far enough apart. We did not eat there.

The last few times we went to Haliburton we ate at the Baked & Battered as hubby really loves their fish and chips and I was glad that they had some gluten free options in their bakery/deli. They had a few picnic/patio tables outside facing the lake, complete with water bowls already filled, for those of us who were dining out with their "pooch" family. On our first visit there the owner introduced himself to us and our "fur" baby and told us that he is a also a dog lover and that his dog was a rescue. Sadly our pooch is no longer with us so we may consider trying the Kozy Korner the next time we visit.

Back