Have difficulty believing the Bible.

Look around.
Observe the last two thousand years, YHVH Willing and Granting.

No truth. No lasting beauty, in ANY religion.
I think it depends on how you are defining truth and beauty...and of course, nothing here is lasting....except us, ( meaning our spirits not our bodies) The made man parts of many religions are lacking but IMO there is some "Divine" influence somewhere in most...

I think it depends on how you are defining truth and beauty...and of course, nothing here is lasting....except us, ( meaning our spirits not our bodies) The made man parts of many religions are lacking but IMO there is some "Divine" influence somewhere in most...
Seek The Divine One, The One and Only Creator, and Keep Seeking Him, and you will find Him, yes.

Believers in the old time russia used to listen to broadcasts over the radio during wwII by the nazis who quoted Scripture and condemned it.

The Believers were so joyous to hear ANY Scripture, they fervently listened to the quotes of Scripture and remembered it, wrote it down if they could, and ignored the cursing and blasphemy of the nazis .

Introduction of the New Testament changed God’s demeanor to lovey-dovey giving direct access to God through Jesus Christ. God becomes love, a far cry from Old Testament God. Why?
YHVH told His people not to sin.
Jesus , total agreement with His Father,
told His disciples they must be perfect, because their heavenly Father is perfect. /not meaning what it means in English, btw/
Jesus said , if someone sins in their heart, in their thoughts, without even doing anything, then they are already guilty.

Much much much stricter than the Old Testament, where thoughts were not so addressed, were they ?

Yes, way way way beyond human understanding.
The Creator's Ways are as high above/and different from/ man's
as Heaven is above the earth and totally different from worldly ways.
That's okay isn't it, we're all pretty humble souls with limited imaginations aren't we, (though lucky to have them of course, "our imaginations", that are said to have taken over half of human evolution to develop or appear since the first hominids were known to have existed in the fossil record!).

You're showing too much certainty there, so far as the "imminent end of the world" goes, (though in my school days it was often said by our teachers mankind would destroy itself by 2050)! :)
Start by listening to your teachers. Then keep searching for truth daily.
It is not a happy face thing for mankind.

Start by listening to your teachers. Then keep searching for truth daily.
It is not a happy face thing for mankind.
My old boss didn't believe that was the inevitable outcome during the "Cold War" so you're wasting your time trying to influence me more than he did, were to start to reconsider my outlook on life, though I'll grant you it doesn't look so good for future generations! :)

Should people fear god? Why?

It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man. Psalm 118:8

Act 2:40
And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves G4982 from this untoward generation.

Act 2:21

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. G4982

Jde 1:23

And others save G4982 with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

Jde 1:5

I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that

the Lord, having saved
G4982 the people out of the land of Egypt,

afterward destroyed them that believed not.

Jhn 12:47
And if any man hear my words,
and believe not, I judge him not:
for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words,

hath one that judgeth him:

the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Luk 13:23
Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,
Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Mar 13:13
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. G4982

1Pe 4:18

And if the righteous scarcely be saved, G4982 where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Jas 2:25

Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

Jas 2:26
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Jas 2:14
What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

Jas 2:15

If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

Jas 1:21

Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save G4982 your souls.

2Th 2:7

For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

2Th 2:8
And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

2Th 2:9
Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

2Th 2:10
And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

2Th 2:11
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2Th 2:12
That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

1Co 15:2

It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man. Psalm 118:8

Act 2:40
And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves G4982 from this untoward generation.

Act 2:21

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. G4982

Jde 1:23
And others save G4982 with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

Jde 1:5
I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that

the Lord, having saved
G4982 the people out of the land of Egypt,

afterward destroyed them that believed not.

Jhn 12:47
And if any man hear my words,
and believe not, I judge him not:
for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words,

hath one that judgeth him:

the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Luk 13:23
Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,
Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Mar 13:13
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. G4982

1Pe 4:18
And if the righteous scarcely be saved, G4982 where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Jas 2:25
Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

Jas 2:26
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Jas 2:14
What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

Jas 2:15

If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

Jas 1:21

Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save G4982 your souls.

2Th 2:7
For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

2Th 2:8
And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

2Th 2:9
Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

2Th 2:10
And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

2Th 2:11
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2Th 2:12
That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

1Co 15:2
It's ironic to quote scripture to an ex-christian who doesn't believe the bible.

No matter what someone thinks of gold, the gold remains gold.

Scripture is unchangeable and is much more valuable than gold, than all the gold in the world,
and is not changed if someone does not accept it. They simply suffer the consequences, as written, perfectly described in Scripture.

It's ironic to quote scripture to an ex-christian who doesn't believe the bible.

No matter what someone thinks of gold, the gold remains gold.

Scripture is unchangeable and is much more valuable than gold, than all the gold in the world,
and is not changed if someone does not accept it. They simply suffer the consequences, as written, perfectly described in Scripture.
You have a interesting interpretation of the Bible. Do you belong to a church? What denomination? I know many Christians who are non-denominational.

Here is a take on those maybe "playing God" in our lives, (though they deny it here):

https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/law/the-courts-are-secular-says-top-family-judge/5038456.article

Quote:
"The law has a neutral view of religious belief, the president of the Family Division said today, stressing the secular nature of the judges’ job.

In a keynote address to the first annual conference of the Law Society’s family law section, on the theme ‘the sacred and the secular’, Sir James Munby (pictured) said that the courts and society as a whole face ‘enormous challenges’ in today’s largely secular and religiously pluralistic society.

‘We live in a society, which on many of the medical, social and religious topics that the courts recently have to grapple with, no longer speaks with one voice,’ he said. ‘These are topics on which men and women of different faiths or no faith at all hold starkly different views. All of these views are entitled to the greatest respect, but it is not for a judge to choose between them,’ he said.

Although historically the country has an established Christian church, Munby insisted judges sit as ‘secular judges serving a multicultural community of many faiths sworn to do justice to all manner of people’.

‘We live in this country in a democratic and pluralist society in a secular state, not a theocracy,’ he said, in which judges have long since ‘abandoned their pretensions to be the guardians of public morality’."

Break
"For example, he said: ‘A child’s best interests have to be assessed by reference to general community standards, making due allowance for the entitlement of people, within the limits of what is permissible in accordance with those standards, to entertain very divergent views about the religious, moral, social and secular objectives they wish to pursue for themselves and for their children.’"

You may like this I found in a library book compiled by a lady called Pam Rhodes who regularly presents religious programmes on the BBC:

THE ADVENT VIRUS

BE ON THE ALERT FOR SYMPTOMS OF INNER HOPE, LOVE, JOY AND PEACE.

The hearts of a great many have already been exposed to this virus and it is possible that people everywhere could come down with it in epidemic proportions. This could pose a serious threat to what has, up to now, been a fairly stable condition of conflict in the world.

Some signs and symptoms of The Advent Virus:

• A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than on fears based on past experiences.
  • An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
  • A loss of interest in judging other people.
  • A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others.
  • A loss of interest in conflict.
  • A loss of the ability to worry. (This is a very serious symptom.)
  • Frequent, overwhelming episodes of appreciation.
  • Contented feelings of connectedness with others and nature.
  • Frequent attacks of smiling.
  • An increasing tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen.
  • An increased susceptibility to the love extended by others as well as the uncontrollable urge to extend it.

Should people fear god? Why?
Deuteronomy 21:18-21
“If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and, though they discipline him, will not listen to them, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city at the gate of the place where he lives, and they shall say to the elders of his city, ‘This our son is stubborn and rebellious; he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard.’ Then all the men of the city shall stone him to death with stones.

Proverbs 23:2 and put a knife to your throat if you are given to gluttony.

Leviticus 19:14 You shall not curse the deaf or put a stumbling block before the blind, but you shall fear your God: I am the Lord.

Some bible verses tell you to fear others just give guidelines as to why.

Thankfully though picking & choosing which to follow is in our free will.

Back