Have you ever been Hypnotized ?

I'm a big fan of ''Columbo''. In one episode this psychologist was having an affair with a patient and ended up killing her husband and wanted to eliminate her as a witness (since Columbo had started harassing her). He hypnotized her and told her when he phoned her that she would want to take a swim (she loved swimming). He called her and she took off her clothes and jumped into the pool, from upstairs, and died. Columbo noticed that people who want to commit suicide don't take off their clothes and fold them neatly before they jump. I forgot how he nailed the psychologist. Since she did love swimming, she was doing something she would do willingly (although not from a high place). George Hamilton in "A deadly state of mind".
I remember that movie. That was a great movie.
That was the very first scene and then they backtracked to figure it out. She dove from about 30 floors up.

"But we had one fellow in the class who was trying to quite smoking. He did go completely under and was told that from now on all cigarettes would taste like broccoli which he hated. At the next class, he was asked how he was doing with the smoking. He said that he still smoked, but had found that he now loved broccoli."
Pecos, that is absolutely beyond funny, tis a belly shaker.

This thread is becoming a humor site, we are a funny species

Two professionals have tried and failed, I have a suspicion that this was due to my anxiety of being out of control.

No. Someone tried to convince me that there wasn't anyone he couldn't hypnotize, so I told him to go for it.
He tried very hard, but gave up & I was LOL'ing.

I TRY not to fall asleep when listening to my sister-in-law natter on about things that I have absolutely no interest in...Like her love life, her aches and pains, her problems with her husband....Who, fortunately for him is losing his hearing.....But it's a losing cause. I discovered I can fall asleep with my eyes open....And/or standing when she is around....Quite a talent...
Hahaha. How did I miss this?
Luckily he’s losing his hearing and can sleep with his eyes open. Oh my ribs. 🙂🤣
Now that’s funny!!!!

I would like to have it done to see if it would stop me from smoking!!
A sure fire way of stop smoking is when the Doctor calls and tells you that there is a spot on your lung. That happened to a co-worker of mine some years back. They took out half of his lung and then the other side showed a spot. After trying radiation and chemo, they had to remove his whole lung on that side. He died just a few years later.

I was in a psychologist's office when this happened. She was a certified Hypnotist. We had a witness to a home robbery with the folks of the house being on vacation. The witness saw a pickup truck in front of this house, but couldn't remember anything about it, not even the color. I never believed in this stuff, so I didn't hold out much hope.

After she had him hypnotized, she asked him a few simple questions, just to check him out. I was thinking to myself, "If you want to know if he's faking being hypnotized or not, tell him to get down on all 4's and howl at the moon." But, I never brought it up. I was sitting kind of over in a corner and she looked over at me and told me that she knew what I was thinking. I had been smiling, so I guess that gave it away.

In just a few minutes, we had the make and color and two of the plate's numbers. Pretty amazing, I'd say.

After she had him hypnotized, she asked him a few simple questions, just to check him out. I was thinking to myself, "If you want to know if he's faking being hypnotized or not, tell him to get down on all 4's and howl at the moon." But, I never brought it up. I was sitting kind of over in a corner and she looked over at me and told me that she knew what I was thinking. I had been smiling, so I guess that gave it away.

In just a few minutes, we had the make and color and two of the plate's numbers. Pretty amazing, I'd say.

there are enough events as described above to make one scratch his head. Yes it works, sometimes, sometimes the subject fills in what the
hypnotist wants, in your case she did not ask open ended questions. That is the way it must be done.

However, I still want to see someone cluck like a chicken, or 'howl at the moon.'

I was in a psychologist's office when this happened. She was a certified Hypnotist. We had a witness to a home robbery with the folks of the house being on vacation. The witness saw a pickup truck in front of this house, but couldn't remember anything about it, not even the color. I never believed in this stuff, so I didn't hold out much hope.

It IS amazing. Apparently the unconscious mind is aware 100% of the time. Whatever is seen , heard, or felt is stored aware in our minds in precise detail. In normal waking consciousness, we don’t remember the details as accurately but under hypnosis we recall everything.

Sir Lancelot dismounted from his horse at Camelot.
He'd not slept in 12 days, so he sought out Merlin who was renowned for having hypnotic powers.

"Merlin my old friend," said Lancelot, "Can you use your magic hypnotic powers to put me into slumber?"

"Aye, Sir Knight, I can and shall, have no fear," replied Merlin.

Merlin clonked Sir lancelot on his napper with a mallet and put him to sleep. 😆

Back