Here's a young woman describing the experience of being taken to and held at one of Australia's Covid Internment Camps.

So the food was not gourmet but this intelligent and honest person who was not paid a pittance for a fake video, said this:

If I had to do quarantine again, I would be happy to do it here! (@ 20.39 on video)

I wouldn't be too impressed with the food either but they must have been getting enough to satisfy hunger. I have found when hike camping that when the food is less plentiful you get hungry enough to eat, and even enjoy, food that you would usually turn your nose up at. Fresh fruit can make up for a lot of things that you prefer not to eat.

I wouldn't be too impressed with the food either but they must have been getting enough to satisfy hunger. I have found when hike camping that when the food is less plentiful you get hungry enough to eat, and even enjoy, food that you would usually turn your nose up at. Fresh fruit can make up for a lot of things that you prefer not to eat.

The food is not important here. What is important is this:
Some people just need to get into the act even if the storyline is completely fabricated.

Personally i don't really give a s##t about all of this crap, but I must say I'm somewhat disappointed with the original post. From some posters it doesn't surprise me but from others ??
Whether the girl in the video is exaggerating or not, even if she's lying about some of it, what do you think about a government ordering people be confined to a specific area, with no due process or representation, and no recourse aside from paying a hefty fine, because they had contact with some specific person, or because they lied to a cop? (lying to a cop doesn't always mean jail time, btw)

Like many sources, this one is politically biased. I wasn't interested in their politics.

Murrmurr, what distresses me most is the way my country treats refugees who attempt to arrive by sea, seeking asylum. They have been locked up now for many years without any end in sight. This is a very cruel way to treat people who have not committed any crime and who pose little threat to national security.

Have you see first hand how they are treated?

Personally i don't really give a s##t about all of this crap, but I must say I'm somewhat disappointed with the original post. From some posters it doesn't surprise me but from others ??
Cannot agree with you more. It is well established now in the light of all the proof provided that the OP has a lot of egg on his face, as a result of his made up rubbish, but like a spoiled brat, he has to keep harping on and on even though he has been found out!

Same with all those studies and trials he supposedly ”read” about, and was going to post the results, which he never did, because they were all fabricated. Just a little tune playing in his head!

Whether the girl in the video is exaggerating or not, even if she's lying about some of it, what do you think about a government ordering people be confined to a specific area, with no due process or representation, and no recourse aside from paying a hefty fine, because they had contact with some specific person, or because they lied to a cop? (lying to a cop doesn't always mean jail time, btw)

Like many sources, this one is politically biased. I wasn't interested in their politics.
What do you suggest as an alternative? The people interned could spread a deadly disease if they're allowed to merge into the general population. Should the government just throw up its hands and say "there's nothing we can do" or should they take some precautions?

Are you not forgetting an important point? Those people are not refugees - they are illegal immigrants.
I disagree.

According to international law people seeking asylum can enter a country by any means they can. With or without papers. When they arrive, if their claim is invalid, they can be repatriated.

Just because one person arrives in a jet plane and another arrives on a fishing boat doesn't make one legal and the other illegal.

What do you suggest as an alternative? The people interned could spread a deadly disease if they're allowed to merge into the general population. Should the government just throw up its hands and say "there's nothing we can do" or should they take some precautions?
Testing is an alternative. If a person tests positive, they stay home until they test negative. Testing should have been the #1 tool from the beginning.

Murrmurr, what distresses me most is the way my country treats refugees who attempt to arrive by sea, seeking asylum. They have been locked up now for many years without any end in sight. This is a very cruel way to treat people who have not committed any crime and who pose little threat to national security.
Immigration protocol and process is a big fat mess here, too. It's inhumane. We don't even hear excuses anymore. We get the same old catchy phrases and then we're expected to just move on and let "them" handle it.

Stop harassing people and allow them to make their own decisions about their personal health.

You and other people like you are the ones who are spreading a deadly disease, with your words and by injecting foreign substances in your bodies which makes you much more unhealthy and doesn't protect you from anything, plus that you were likely already unhealthy to begin with. If you're so afraid of being around healthy people then just decide what you're going to do for yourself, and if that hasn't worked for you in the past then start taking responsibility for yourself and stop trying to blame other people who have nothing to do with it.

Honestly, it's the most unhealthy people who are so quick to inject questionable foreign substances in your bodies, and also so quick to try and blame other people - who have nothing to do with it - for your many pains, afflictions and bad choices.

The government needs to stay out of this, mind their own business, and stop rewarding the problem creators / benefactors.
If you really want to be healthy then ask a healthy person like me, not a broadcaster on the news who knows nothing about health.

Testing is an alternative. If a person tests positive, they stay home until they test negative. Testing should have been the #1 tool from the beginning.
That's a good point. It would be a lot cheaper, too, than putting people up in a hotel. There must be a reason that's not what's happening. Maybe the interned people have tested positive. I don't know. Somebody chime in here if you know the answer or I may be forced to Google it. :ROFLMAO:

Testing was been the salvation over here before vaccine was available. It still is.
We also have QR codes to scan with our phones wherever we go and we are notified if we have been in contact with someone who has tested positive. Then we get a test and stay home until we get a negative result. Measures like these require a good deal of civic co-operation but not everyone is willing to co-operate.

Every positive swab is being sent for genomic testing to determine which variant is present and to trace the source of the infection. This information helps measure the level of risk bubbling away in the community.

So far no-one in my family has developed Covid but both of my children, who work in hospitals, are subjected to swabs every 2 or 3 days, even they are fully vaccinated.

That's a good point. It would be a lot cheaper, too, than putting people up in a hotel. There must be a reason that's not what's happening. Maybe the interned people have tested positive. I don't know. Somebody chime in here if you know the answer or I may be forced to Google it. :ROFLMAO:
Bolded; that's your answer. The CDCs initial tactic was to request mass production of the proper test kits, and they approached Pfizer about it. But - in my opinion - Pfizer saw way more profit in tweaking the vaccine they were already working on, and mass producing that instead.

Testing was been the salvation over here before vaccine was available. It still is.
We also have QR codes to scan with our phones wherever we go and we are notified if we have been in contact with someone who has tested positive. Then we get a test and stay home until we get a negative result. Measures like these require a good deal of civic co-operation but not everyone is willing to co-operate.

Every positive swab is being sent for genomic testing to determine which variant is present and to trace the source of the infection. This information helps measure the level of risk bubbling away in the community.

So far no-one in my family has developed Covid but both of my children, who work in hospitals, are subjected to swabs every 2 or 3 days, even they are fully vaccinated.
It makes more sense to insist that infected people stay home so that everyone else can be productive, earn a living, pay their bills, keep the economy going.

Back