How are you dealing with isolation these days?

Still doing fine here, do what I need to do then back home. Playing it safe , gloves on going in. Sanitized going in and coming out. I have a shield a local put together which works fine. However at this stage if it is that busy I won't go in. That works best.
I am noticing the last few times out, a lot of new faces (eyes) and that move real quick. I am told some of the full time people are showing their displeasure.

people are just rude. i haven't had that specific thing happen to me yet. however, i have noticed in the stores that no one will let anyone else pass hardly. they just walk wherever and right out in front of people. even the other old ladies. did either of you get hurt?
I was fine, except for her raising my blood pressure. The other little old lady stumbled slightly until she got her cane set and looked 'surprised.' I'm still angry. Had my ride not come, I would probably have faced the rude woman down when she came out.

Thank you Ruthanne...I have been living alone most of my life, but this is worse. The few pleasures I had are now very questionable or gone because everything is canceled. And I went out a lot, constantly to concerts and other events and places. I could move to another state but I am not sure. it is wise. I am the only one I know that went out regularly for fun...everyone else stays home, even before all of this happened. So a great many people are really not missing recreational activity. The public library is only open in the lobby, and I use academic libraries that are closed. What's the point of vacation now, if I cant even dine out (except outside) and go where I want? .
People say they want someone to talk to...but who wants to listen? Has to be the right person at the right time and place and they will not understand or be interested.. Some people talk trivia and others, you have to dig it out from them, like every word cost $1.00.
July 1 many business should start opening again in US. Be brave...go out.
Yes, talking to the right persons gets the best results, I find, too. I do know what you mean about having to dig words out of some as if they cost $1. That's funny but when you are the one doing the digging it gets old and fast.

I am actually doing much better these days. Being able to sit outside has helped a lot. Watching people walk by, chatting with them.

Also, I am slowly allowing select people slowly inside my circle. I have let a couple people, who also live alone, and practice all precautions to come over (separately) and at a safe distance, come inside a visit. I have a big enough living room it is easy. We do not hug or anything. I am comfortable enough to tel them where they snacks and drinks are, to help themselves, and wash their hands.
It is almost normal.
Like several people here, I am not a real people person...as far as face to face interactions go wit a lot of people. So what I am doing is perfect. For me

people are just rude. i haven't had that specific thing happen to me yet. however, i have noticed in the stores that no one will let anyone else pass hardly. they just walk wherever and right out in front of people. even the other old ladies. did either of you get hurt?

When I am in the stores, I often use the mart cart...due to my stability and balance issues. When I am approaching someone who has their back to me, I will politely, and not loudly say "Excuse me, just passing through" or something like that, to give them a heads up I am approaching. I always say "thanks" after I pass.

When I am in the stores, I often use the mart cart...due to my stability and balance issues. When I am approaching someone who has their back to me, I will politely, and not loudly say "Excuse me, just passing through" or something like that, to give them a heads up I am approaching. I always say "thanks" after I pass.
well if they see you though there's no excuse for that.

I'm not sure what is making me so anxious. Pandemic, etc.? . 🥴 :giggle:;) The Pandemic isn't helping either since I can't go anywhere. I miss going to the park, museums, events, etc. I miss mingling with the few friends we have made here.

Last edited:
OK, I re-read your response. You are correct. THAT rudeness is not acceptable. I, personally , have noticed it in stores that are "higher end", where people with more money to spend go.
this is happening here in the low end stores like walmart. walmart is the worst.

I'm not sure what is making me so anxious. Pandemic, etc.? But, I have asked for a divorce. I was quite depressed and felt that I had wasted 20+ years away from my family. I think I went nuts that evening. 🥴 :giggle:;) The Pandemic isn't helping either since I can't go anywhere. I miss going to the park, museums, events, etc. I miss mingling with the few friends we have made here.

But what bothered me the most was that I asked my neighbor to take me to pick up hubby's car; his car had the windshield replaced. She told me to sit in the back seat (I mean the very back of her SUV). Of course, I was wearing a mask.
Are you actually getting a divorce? Still depressed?

I am actually doing much better these days. Being able to sit outside has helped a lot. Watching people walk by, chatting with them.

Also, I am slowly allowing select people slowly inside my circle. I have let a couple people, who also live alone, and practice all precautions to come over (separately) and at a safe distance, come inside a visit. I have a big enough living room it is easy. We do not hug or anything. I am comfortable enough to tel them where they snacks and drinks are, to help themselves, and wash their hands.
It is almost normal.
Like several people here, I am not a real people person...as far as face to face interactions go wit a lot of people. So what I am doing is perfect. For me
I think, you may be more of a "people person" than you think, Marie. You're always pleasant and you also have guests. :)

Well, it's not so much the isolation per se, but the length of time I've been out of work has made it difficult to even keep track of the days of the week.
Under normal circumstances I work on deadlines, and I have paydays. These days, though, with neither, I'm kind of "out of it." :(

Each day this virus is like a ticking time bomb.

I'm currently waiting to see if a coworker in our dept. has been exposed by his SO. If he has I don't know what's going to go on.

Back