How are you dealing with isolation these days?

I don't really have an option, because I can't afford the delivery fees. I had 3 orders delivered from a local grocery store in recent months, and at $9.95 each it adds up. or, more accurately, sucks down my bank account.
i don't do the delivery. i order and then pick it up outside. they've been letting us do this for free.

Knowing this is not going away any time soon is starting to weigh. TV is 100% bad news every single day so I avoid it. But we deal with the bad just like the good we keep on truckin'.
It seems like this has been going on forever with no end in sight. I agree about TV but for some reason the past few days I've been watching it and too much news, got to get back into my music and shut off the news for awhile again.

All I know is that every time the residents in the nursing homes I worked in got the flu vaccine, then the whole place was quarantined because everyone had the flu. Even the employees. When I first started working there, one coworker told me not to get the vaccine because every time she ever got it then she was sick with the flu. I never have had that shot and only had a flu once a long time ago. My father would get the vaccine and then he'd get the flu. Every year he'd say he wasn't going to get the vaccine and then his doctor at the VA would talk him into it. Sure enough, he'd get the flu.
I'm a scientific type guy. That doesn't make sense that you get the 'flu' . I can understand a reaction to the vaccine but not the full fledged flu.

All my life I've spent far too much time living alone. On the whole, the isolation thing hasn't changed my life. However, I was hit by certain circumstances. My birthday was March 21. We didn't have any sort of birthday celebration. I wanted to finally acknowledge my Irish roots by attending a free St Patrick's Day party at my apartment building. The party was cancelled. I think I saw my Dad once this year. It's been a pretty crappy year so far.

As for how I'm doing now, just trying my best to stay well. This virus going on can get one depressed it seems. Trying to do things to stay out of the depression pit. I am talking to a new friend online and we may meet but we both want to be very safe. He seems like a very understanding and caring person so far and that's a real good thing. I'm just taking my time to get to know him. Just doing daily life and getting by okay now. It is a struggle though.

The city I live in hadn't had a lot of cases and it seemed to be pretty much under control. Once they opened up the bars though, someone tested positive and then all the customers of two different bars were told to self quarantine for 14 days. That is a lot of people who were there because as soon as they opened up they were busy. So all those people might be positive now and not know it if they did not see the article in the newspaper. I only saw it because someone gives me their newspapers for my rabbit's cage.

I must admit I'm loving it. I don't like being around people or crowds. My o/h likes to shop so that suits me. I can occupy my time very easily. I just wish the neighbours were not noisy. The kids scream and I mean scream and the mother and grandmother have no problem in shouting to each other from one end of the garden to the other. Apart from that I'm quite content. I am finding the continuous news about the virus a bit daunting but I'm at that stage now where nothing no longer takes be my surprise eg debates about face masks/coverings, testing at airports or not, quarantine 14 days or less, second spike on it's way or not. I think now, for me, it's a case of accepting it and just do the best you can to protect yourselves and others while trying to maintain so sort of 'normality' in your life. 😊

Another trip out, taking someone to pick up her car. Two stores in Haliburton, both had at least 40 people lined up out in the sun. I drove in and out of both and I was not the only one. Closer to home no lineup each and everyone there was masked in some way, people were polite and even helped out old people. They were in their 80's and still loving it up here.
One nasty side, towns in ontario are barring anyone that does not live there to visit. Heard some nasty stuff going on where people from cities are jumping all over people. A few other things I won't pass on here. Has anyone else heard anything about stuff like this??

As for me still loving it, this quiet is great which surprises me , this has been going on here since the end of March. Guess I really do like it.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
:devilish::devilish:

Another trip out, taking someone to pick up her car. Two stores in Haliburton, both had at least 40 people lined up out in the sun. I drove in and out of both and I was not the only one. Closer to home no lineup each and everyone there was masked in some way, people were polite and even helped out old people. They were in their 80's and still loving it up here.
One nasty side, towns in ontario are barring anyone that does not live there to visit. Heard some nasty stuff going on where people from cities are jumping all over people. A few other things I won't pass on here. Has anyone else heard anything about stuff like this??

As for me still loving it, this quiet is great which surprises me , this has been going on here since the end of March. Guess I really do like it.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
:devilish::devilish:
Yes, i've heard things of that nature as well.....stemming from Ontario only.......so far.

Back