How is your day Today, plans and achievements 2024....

but think of all those windows to wash !!??
I wouldn't have to have all those windows. Actually, one of those sheds from Home Depot or Lowe's would be fine and could be modified to suit me just fine🏡

It's not a school night, and I said I'd stay up until after dark but already having a hard time keeping my eyes open.

I have it! I have spring... come on over, Hawk, it's going to be 76 degrees this afternoon! ☀️🌷
Speaking of tulips, yours are gorgeous, @hollydolly ! Do you know the name of that particular color? I had some like it years ago but I can't remember what their name was... maybe "lemonade" something?
Looks like Pink Lemonade!

It's usually sponsored by police departments and came about in the 1980s. Stands for D(rug) A(buse) R(esistance) E(ducation). Its effectiveness is questionable - sort of on the order of "just say NO" and similar programs warning about peer influence to use drugs, tobacco & alcohol.

By my reckoning, the most valuable aspect of DARE are opportunities for positive interaction between at-risk kids and police officers.
My children went through D.A.R.E. in the eighties, early nineties. One of the t shirts I added to one or two quilts was DARE and I still have a DARE pencil in my pencil collection.
Did it help keep them off drugs? I think so. That and Nancy Reagan's "Just Say No" I still reference that for various things. 🙂

"Memories, like the corners of my mind........." 🎶

well, darn... got home from a second day of babysitting grandgirls and thought I would lay down for a nap... nope

Headache (whether caffeine-deprivation or whatever) kept me awake in spite of acetaminaphen. So I'm up and drinking a small cup of tea to see if that will help and catching up with y'all. =)

My older daughter starts her new job tomorrow and I'm so excited for her. It will be a bit of a learning curve (going from ER nurse to hospice nurse is quite a leap) but she'll do fine. Besides, she knows she has a resource in me ;-)

It's a gorgeous day here... I think I'll take my new book out and sit under the shade tree and read. Would love to have one of these....

View attachment 340480
I would love to have one too!

@Kaila: I don't know how this quote happened, but I never said this or anything like it:
Wow. I dont know how it appeared to be a part of your post, either. :oops:
I'm glad you pointed that out! That you didn't write it.
At the time, I thought it didn't sound like your wording, or what you would write, but I took it at face value, and wanted to respond, with a possible viewpoint, if it was in fact a concern of yours or a main point in question.
Again, I am glad you set the record straight.

Oh Wow...this was for yesterday (Saturday). I thought I posted but apparently this ADD brain got distracted and I did not hit Post Reply! Bless @Matrix and SF for saving our drafts!! My day started early. My son and I left the house at 6:15 a.m. to go to Walmart. I wanted to avoid the Saturday crowds. There were a few other customers there though. I got food for Deja and me, plus catnip spray and household products. I was pleasantly surprised to spend only $84. I expected to spend $100 or more. I put away the items to be refrigerated; I'll deal with the rest tomorrow.

I loaded the dishwasher then tried on the outfit I originally planned to wear to the Jazz brunch. I wound up choosing another outfit. I also gave myself a quick manicure. My honorary daughter (HD)picked me up a little after 12. This time she brought her mother, who doesn’t get out much and she treated us both to the brunch. When we got to the club, the band was already kickin it ! The food was good and the music was great. We had warm interactions with a couple of the band members during their breaks. Since it’s almost impossible to have conversations while the band is performing, I played a couple of games of WWF2 to assuage my ADD brain. We took a couple of pictures. This is with my HD

I got home a little before 6, got into my comfortable clothes, ate too much ice cream (love Walmart's brand of mint chocolate chip), watched a couple of movie trailers and fell asleep. Now to catch up on what’s going on around here.

image.jpg

And this is for today:
Early this morning I updated my self tallying budget spreadsheet with the Walmart purchases. Then I gathered items and put them in a kit to be used for trips to the park or even the supermarket. I don’t carry my purse to either of those places unless my son takes me to the supermarket.

I slept for a good part of the daylight hours and took that as a sign that my body was tired and chilled for most of the remaining hours in this day. I did load the dishwasher close to my son’s bedtime, so I won’t run it until tomorrow morning (it gets a bit loud at the end of the cycle). I washed Deja’s bowls. Cat has her own set of dishes.

Last edited:
Happy day today. Not for any particular reason.

But I'm happy at the thought of my hateful neighbor moving. I had a good morning pages writing session. I extended my subscriptions to Hulu and Netflix. I don't like giving out my credit card so I use gift cards and replenish the accounts. I have them extended out to August. My plans are grandfathered, so I don't want to lose them.

Just as my other obnoxious neighbor started screaming and groaning in back, it started to rain, forcing them inside. I was so happy to enjoy the peace and silence.

I also added some Google play credit to my account and bought myself an ad free version of Happy Color, a fun coloring app I'm liking.

My other reward will be opening a bag of snapea crisps for getting through the major part of the weekend.

Oh Wow...this was for yesterday (Saturday). I thought I posted but apparently this ADD brain got distracted and I did not hit Post Reply! Bless @Matrix and SF for saving our drafts!! My day started early. My son and I left the house at 6:15 a.m. to go to Walmart. I wanted to avoid the Saturday crowds. There were a few other customers there though. I got food for Deja and me, plus catnip spray and household products. I was pleasantly surprised to spend only $83. I expected to spend $100 or more. I put away the items to be refrigerated; I'll deal with the rest tomorrow.

I loaded the dishwasher then tried on the outfit I originally planned to wear to the Jazz brunch. I wound up choosing another outfit. I also gave myself a quick manicure. My honorary daughter (HD)picked me up a little after 12. This time she brought her mother, who doesn’t get out much and she treated us both to the brunch. When we got to the club, the band was already kickin it ! The food was good and the music was great. We had warm interactions with a couple of the band members during their breaks. Since it’s almost impossible to have conversations while the band is performing, I played a couple of games of WWF2 to assuage my ADD brain. We took a couple of pictures. This is with my HD

I got home a little before 6, got into my comfortable clothes, ate too much ice cream (love Walmart's brand of mint chocolate chip), watched a couple of movie trailers and fell asleep. Now to catch up on what’s going on around here.

View attachment 340359

And this is for today:
I did a little accounting early this morning. Then I gathered items and put them in a kit to be used for trips to the park or even the supermarket. I don’t carry my purse to either of those places unless my son takes me to the supermarket.

I slept for a good part of the daylight hours and took that as a sign that my body was tired and chilled for most of the remaining hours in this day. I did load the dishwasher close to my son’s bedtime, so I won’t run it until tomorrow morning (it gets a bit loud at the end of the cycle). I washed Deja’s bowls. Cat has her own set of dishes.
Lovely ladies! Glad you had such a good time, @OneEyedDiva 🎶🎤🎵

Verrrrry Windy today...really squally... ! Overcast and quite chilly altho' the sun is keeping up a valiant effort to shine through when it can.. but the strength of the howling wind and the fast moving cloud is making it a losing battle now at mid-day!

I'm a fiend for having windows open all the time except in the rain.. but I feel that this wind is making it too cold right here in my little office room, so I've just closed the window.. but I do feel a little unsettled when the window is shut..

Got my Birthday card from DD today a couple of days early... she sent one which has a picture of a monkey on the front and it's the spitting image of our late much missed miniature Labradoodle Stanley.. 🥰

I didn't get up until 6:30. Can't remember the last time I slept so long. Nine hours? Maggiecat started poking at me around 3, and I thought I'd just stay in bed a while longer. "A while" turned out to be a long while :).

I've had coffee on the patio, and it's already daylight. Imagine!

There's a news story on right now about a gun accidently going off at a Chuck E Cheese place in one of the Carolinas. Somebody tell me why anybody would feel the need to take a gun to a kids' pizza place. Geez.

And then there's war, starvation, and The Big Trial. In the words of Rodney King, "Can we all just get along?"

Time to do my morning housekeeping routine, get some breakfast, get dressed and get out to attack weeds and stuff. Like the lawn. That can't be done until after lunch when the dew dries up.

I didn't get up until 6:30. Can't remember the last time I slept so long. Nine hours? Maggiecat started poking at me around 3, and I thought I'd just stay in bed a while longer. "A while" turned out to be a long while :).

I've had coffee on the patio, and it's already daylight. Imagine!

There's a news story on right now about a gun accidently going off at a Chuck E Cheese place in one of the Carolinas. Somebody tell me why anybody would feel the need to take a gun to a kids' pizza place. Geez.

And then there's war, starvation, and The Big Trial. In the words of Rodney King, "Can we all just get along?"

Time to do my morning housekeeping routine, get some breakfast, get dressed and get out to attack weeds and stuff. Like the lawn. That can't be done until after lunch when the dew dries up.
Have a nice day by staying off the news. 😊

Happy day today. Not for any particular reason.

But I'm happy at the thought of my hateful neighbor moving. I had a good morning pages writing session. I extended my subscriptions to Hulu and Netflix. I don't like giving out my credit card so I use gift cards and replenish the accounts. I have them extended out to August. My plans are grandfathered, so I don't want to lose them.

Just as my other obnoxious neighbor started screaming and groaning in back, it started to rain, forcing them inside. I was so happy to enjoy the peace and silence.

I also added some Google play credit to my account and bought myself an ad free version of Happy Color, a fun coloring app I'm liking.

My other reward will be opening a bag of snapea crisps for getting through the major part of the weekend.
Is your neighbor from hell actually moving Caramel? OMG...you have two bad neighbors?! When you say your Netflix plan is grandfathered in, does that mean you aren't paying their ridiculous rise in price? I was a subscriber for quite a while but they still charged me double. Same with Hulu...I incurred their rise in price too. I used part of my Google Play credit to get a forever ad free perk on Cody Cross. It left me with an out of pocket balance of $4.99 and it was well worth it.

You clearly needed that long sleep Gigi.... I hope you feel better for it....

The rain came tipping down here soon after my last post.. really heavy but because of the winds it was falling almost horizontally...
it lasted 10 minutes, it's stopped, and I swear on all that's holy that the sky is now as blue as a periwinkle .. unbelievable... :D

Morning good folks !!! warm at 62 deg here this morning...going into 80's they say, good chance of severe
weather late today/tomorrow....No big plans for the day, tho
I may wash another small fan I have...also dishes i left...also
laundry, so thats enuff !!!! may try to sit out on porch again
in a little bit....hope the wasps are asleep!!!! later.........:cool::coffee:

Told you it was windy....look at what the media are reporting... the winds are causing structural Damage.. albeit in the Midlands and North of England a few hundred miles from here .. so we may be getting the tail end of that....

83649931-13309729-image-a-47_1713179562964.jpg
83648375-13309729-image-a-94_1713176986383.jpg

83649933-13309729-image-a-46_1713179556416.jpg

Last edited:
Is your neighbor from hell actually moving Caramel? OMG...you have two bad neighbors?!
I sure hope they're moving, or I'm getting all excited for nothing. The two bad neighbors in question are actually friends. They're bullies. I actually have a few bad neighbors. The good ones seem to move when they have to deal with the bad ones.

When you say your Netflix plan is grandfathered in, does that mean you aren't paying their ridiculous rise in price?
I'm paying $11.99/mo at the moment. They say they'll be eliminating that this year sometime. Then I'll have to pay $15.49/mo. Until they raise it, I'm going to keep going with it. I've only had Netflix since Jan. 2022, so I didn't see it when it was $7.99. That must have been nice.

Is Cody Cross a crossword game? I looked it up on Google play.

YOW, Hollydolly , that is the kind of wind they said we would get for the last few days-but it was not too bad.

It is 40 degrees here and might get up to 60 degrees but the sky is finally BLUE and the SUN is out- Yesterday we expected a bad thunderstorm, but after a few big rumbles, it passed by-My oven won't work if we lose electric in storms, so I managed to bake my meatballs before the expected storm came.

My Pollen.com email goes from 1 to 10, 10 being the highest pollen count but today it is over ten but will be over 11 tomorrow!

I have quite a bit on my To do list but I think I first better take my Welcome foot mat ,outside my front door, and put it inside my house, as it has been so muddy and also so windy that ,if I don't vacuum my Living room today,
I will have to swipe my feet on the Welcome mat BEFORE I go outside!:p

I have garbage to put in the bin and need to review my budget, and double check my check book balance, and possibly will get some more clothes to the local clothing drive, and get all my pop cans to the redeeming station.

But every time I get in my car, something at home is put off...that is the downside of living in an isolated rural community.
But the Upside is that I love it here!

I think Wednesday is my recycle day so I better be prepared for that, too.

Back home after 2.5 weeks visiting family, etc. The best part is sleeping in your own bed. You don’t realize how much you appreciate it. Overall, we had a good time. Saw all the grandchildren. It had been 2019 since I’d seen them all. They’re sure growing up.

DD2 remarried. A quiet event of just 10 people. Even that takes a lot of effort and dollars flow. The groom’s father has dementia and they wanted to do this before things get worse. Since we were there, they put it together quickly.

The groom may wonder what kind of MIL (me) he married into. They were driving us to the airport and using two cars, because they were going to a birthday party after. When we got to the airport, I realized I’d left my purse at their house, one hour of big city driving away. The second car turned around and went back for it. We always get to the airport early so there were no issues for time. Phew.

Many weeds have met their maker. It was so much work and that part of the garden so overgrown that I finally said the heck with it, got the hoe and started clearing the whole area, including a few perennials. Collateral damage.. It's not done, but there's plenty of time to get it all cleaned up and ready to start over. What a mess! That's what I get for neglecting it. Once it's all cleared and before planting anything, it's going to get treated with Preen weed control.

I've already changed my clothes and started laundry. The only things left to do are to mow the lawn (finally!) and wash up some dishes.

It's only 12:30 and already 77...really only 11:30 by the sun.

Had a great weekend with the grands. Need to sort our some business things today, but nothing too taxing.

Finally, FINALLY, there is no rain in the forecast. Yay! Warm days ahead. And with dry weather here, I'm cool with mopping the kitchen and entryway floors (except for bathroom floors, which I've kept up with, all else is carpeted). Have been sweeping and regularly letting Roomba do its thing, but mopping motivation is hard to come by when more wet paw prints are the offing within a few days.

Back