How is your day Today, plans and achievements 2024....

I would love that Blessed! And since you would want to have dinner too, we'd make our jaunt to the park the same day my dear friend Hunter is performing that evening. So not only would we have dinner but we'd be treated to a great show. He usually performs at Italian restaurants. I've seen him at two of them (three times each) and both have good food.

We also saw him at another restaurant/lounge that featured American fare. He starts his sets out with the classics, like in this video, then moves on to R & B and Pop songs from the 70's and beyond that gets people up on the dance floor(s). He sometimes plays his saxophone such as when he does the Manu Dibango hit, Soul Makossa. He knows my favorite cover that he does is Ooh Baby Baby, so he always dedicates that to me when I'm in the audience. BTW...not only am I a talker too, I am known to have people laughing until they are in stitche
s. I would really show you a good time Blessed. 🤩

LOVE this performance. Thank you for sharing it with us. I've always been a Louis Armstrong fan. Your friend is such a talented man. ❤️

Last edited:
I have an appointment to renew my drivers license. (If you're 70 or older in my state, you have to visit your local motor vehicle's office to renew your license, since you have to take a written test, have a vision exam, and give a thumbprint.) They said I needed to start the visit online which I attempted to do--trying 3 different browsers--and not sure if I got the online part completed correctly. (Huzz read an article which said our state has the worst, most confusing online site in the whole country, sigh.) Anyway, guess I'll find out when I show up there this morning; I just know they're going to be grumpy with me; they're always grumpy there.

@Blessed Happy Belated birthday. Sounds like it was a good one.🎂 I'm green with envy because I haven't been to Red Lobster in dog's years. Red Lobster's cheddar biscuits? I could make a meal of just those😋😋 Another one I like is Olive Garden and haven't been there in dog's years, either.

I practiced my complete sentence this morning. No. I was asked to give up my last day of vacation next Monday. No. My complete sentence was met with stunned silence. After all, I have always caved in the past. ("What's up with Gramma? She said no.")

Played in the dirt for a while after I came home, but it got too hot (!) so I gave it up for today. Maybe more tomorrow.

Yanno what? I'm gonna start a vent thread...for venting whatever's on your mind. Annoying neighbor, cranky store clerk, the driver who cut you off, having to wait way beyond the time your appointment was scheduled for, line-jumper in the queue, all of it...any of it.

Last edited:
I have an appointment to renew my drivers license. (If you're 70 or older in my state, you have to visit your local motor vehicle's office to renew your license, since you have to take a written test, have a vision exam, and give a thumbprint.) They said I needed to start the visit online which I attempted to do--trying 3 different browsers--and not sure if I got the online part completed correctly. (Huzz read an article which said our state has the worst, most confusing online site in the whole country, sigh.) Anyway, guess I'll find out when I show up there this morning; I just know they're going to be grumpy with me; they're always grumpy there.
That sucks Officer! I'm glad I haven't had to do that in Jersey. I finally got smart and just keep renewing by mail. DMV always was a nightmare. Now you have to make an appointment to be seen. Since I can no longer drive anyway, if I had to renew in person, I wouldn't bother. I'd just use my passport card as my ID. Please let us know how you made out. I hope it went well.

I did go out this morning and got myself some lemon filled donuts. I will have one and go to bed. I hope I can get to sleep. I have a small piece of brisket that I have had marinated in spices in the fridge. I will put that in the crockpot when I get up. I have already made coleslaw, green beans and boiled little red and gold potatoes, just a little butter sauce. Might as well be productive when I can't sleep.

I still have some birthday cake in the fridge and will bake a little french baguette to have with dinner. It makes me so happy to have things done and ready to eat for a few days.
birthday cake.jpg
Happy belated birthday, @Blessed.

Happiness is living in Southern California, where quite a few streets are decorated with flowers. Every time I am driving by, I can't help
but keep smiling and smiling. Beverly Hills? No, it's the so-called "Inland Empire." Houses are hidden behind a green curtain with usually no access to the main road. In our area, roads have hardly ever sidewalks or even curbs, although some have dirt trails for horses.

First picture: notice the rows of roses on both sides of the median strip (all plants are under drip irrigation; much of the water is being imported from the Sierra Nevada in Northern California and the Colorado River.) Hundred years ago, the median was occupied a railroad.

Center picture: Switzerland? No, Southern California. (OK, Los Angeles has supposedly 60,000 homeless people. In other words, not all of SoCal is the land where "milk and honey flows." Book of Exodus.)

The scent of orange tree flowers, like Jasmine, knocks you over, and you are dreaming of being in heaven.

IMGP3301.JPGIMGP3289.JPGIMGP3314.JPGIMGP3256.JPGIMGP3305.JPG

Last edited:
That sucks Officer! I'm glad I haven't had to do that in Jersey. I finally got smart and just keep renewing by mail. DMV always was a nightmare. Now you have to make an appointment to be seen. Since I can no longer drive anyway, if I had to renew in person, I wouldn't bother. I'd just use my passport card as my ID. Please let us know how you made out. I hope it went well.
Well, it went sort of well: I got a new pic taken, passed both the written and vision tests, but when the examiner said "Okay, you're almost set; just pay the $45 and I'll give you your temporary license.

I said "I already paid the $45 when I was doing the online part; I've got the proof right here that I paid it." He says, "I'm real sorry but I can't let you out of here with your temp license until you pay the $45. I can give you a form you can send in to get the first $45 reimbursed." So I wanted that darn license, so I sighed and said "Give me the form."

And of course, along with that form I have to mail all kinds of paperwork proving that I paid them twice, so who knows who much it'll cost to mail it in, sigh.

View attachment 340811I think it's wonderful that you were a blessing to that man. 🤗
Thanks, I did not post my birthday here for safety reasons. I also thank
@
Yes, @Blessed, I agree helping a stranger in need is good but not to the point of giving them a ride. We had (our town is small/rural) a lady teacher who gave a man a lift a couple years ago and ended up murdered.

Help as you can but be wise and safe. We want you around for a long, long time
I have done it many times but they were women or a woman with children. Never a man but I could tell he needed help. I will not do it again, just help the ladies. Truth be told, I just can't stand there are people out there struggling, no roof, no reliable food source. Many of us have had blessings in our lives, we don't have to worry about the basic needs and I feel the need to help when I can.

Yes, I know I can help by donating to organizations that help those that are homeless. I never give them cash, just things, food, clothing and toiletries. It is nice to see the smiles when you give direct help. I know that there is always the fact that anyone can become homeless!

Today's Work

This morning I checked my P.O. Box at the Post Office because homeless people sometimes pilfer regular mailboxes. Then I dropped off some trash at the County Dump Badlands - Moreno Valley | Riverside County Waste Resources. The County does not haul away trash, but has it outsourced to the private company Locations It is expensive. My wife and I accumulate only little trash, and so we are saving money by driving only every 2-3 weeks to the Public Dump 20 miles away. On the way home, I took the pictures I posted earlier today on this site.

Pictures: entrance to the Dump; the hill behind is man-made. Next, I am unloading my Toyota Corolla car. Center picture: I am always amazed by those huge machines. Bottom left: a view of the mountains from the dump. By now, not much snow is left. Last picture: for bulky garden trash, my son-in-law is helping me with his trailer.

IMGP3275.JPGIMGP3271.JPGIMG_2433.JPGIMGP3274.JPGIMG_2435.JPG

Last edited:
Well, it went sort of well: I got a new pic taken, passed both the written and vision tests, but when the examiner said "Okay, you're almost set; just pay the $45 and I'll give you your temporary license.

I said "I already paid the $45 when I was doing the online part; I've got the proof right here that I paid it." He says, "I'm real sorry but I can't let you out of here with your temp license until you pay the $45. I can give you a form you can send in to get the first $45 reimbursed." So I wanted that darn license, so I sighed and said "Give me the form."

And of course, along with that form I have to mail all kinds of paperwork proving that I paid them twice, so who knows who much it'll cost to mail it in, sigh.
Sorry that happened to you, but thanks for the head's up. My license expires next year and I'll have to go to the DMV for my 70+ renewal.

I'm sorry you had to go through all that Officer. I hope you get your money back, but being it's a state agency, who knows when that will happen! I'm glad you passed the tests and got your temp license though.

LOVE this performance. Thank you for sharing it with us. I've always been a Louis Armstrong fan. Your friend is such a talented man. ❤️
You're welcome, of course Star ❣️ He truly is multi talented. He's a 7 time Emmy award winning songwriter; he won those for a T.V. theme song. He has written and recorded several tunes. Here is one of my favorites that he co-wrote with Chris Sarrubo, a man someone recommended he should collaborate with. I will tell him what you wrote. He's always so appreciative and humble about compliments like these.

Last edited:
I finally put away the rest of the items I bought a Walmart on Saturday. This required me to rearrange some things in the storage closet. I also bagged the cat food variety to be given to a shelter, yet unknown. I haven't been able to speak to a human yet at any of the ones I've called. Emptying the box they were in left ample room for the new cans I bought.

As soon as my son got home this afternoon, he sat with me and sorted navy beans while I refilled 2-1/2 pill cases. I don't like having to use from the one I keep in my purse at all times but had already used three days worth from it. My son and I had a nice conversation. Even though we live together, we don't often get the chance to just sit and talk, for one reason or another. Of course I also did my regular things today...played Words With Friends, Cody Cross, watched T.V. and napped.

I sure hope they're moving, or I'm getting all excited for nothing. The two bad neighbors in question are actually friends. They're bullies. I actually have a few bad neighbors. The good ones seem to move when they have to deal with the bad ones.

I'm paying $11.99/mo at the moment. They say they'll be eliminating that this year sometime. Then I'll have to pay $15.49/mo. Until they raise it, I'm going to keep going with it. I've only had Netflix since Jan. 2022, so I didn't see it when it was $7.99. That must have been nice.

Is Cody Cross a crossword game? I looked it up on Google play.
If you are still paying $11.99 makes me wonder if they are increasing membership fees gradually by doing certain groups at a time rather than an across the board increase for everybody at once. My fee went up in September last year. I paid the higher fee for two months, then canceled my subscription.

Cody Cross is a different kind of crossword puzzle. The premise is that Cody the cute little alien ,wants to learn about planet Earth. We help him do so by answering questions about our world, which is divided into categories. There are several categories, each with 20 groups. Just a few are Under The Sea, Inventions, Circus, Library, New York, New York and Amusement Parks. Each group has 5 puzzles and once each is solved, the pink letters going down spell out the name of a person, place or thing connected to that category.

I'm on group 408 which means I have solved 2,040 puzzles. Sometimes I get help from the Cody Cross cheats and solutions site or use his little helpers. Since I'm not playing anyone, I don't feel bad about that. Besides, no one could possibly know all the answers and one must solve all the puzzles in each group to be able to proceed to the next. I've solved many of them on my own. I love doing the puzzles and feel I've learned a lot from doing them. Funny thing is.... a lot of the questions are ones that we Boomers will know more so than younger folks. If you start playing, let me know and Enjoy! :D

Here are two videos about the game:

Last edited:
If you are still paying $11.99 makes me wonder if they are increasing memberships gradually doing certain groups at a time rather than an across the board increase for everybody at once. My fee went up in September last year. I paid the higher fee for two months, then canceled my subscription.
I have the basic plan. You probably had the standard plan. The basic plan only allows one device at a time and a lower resolution. But they'll be forcing everyone on the standard plan this year, they say. Or they want to give us ads. I get pop-ups on the Netflix site to get their ad plan.

Cody Cross is a different kind of crossword puzzle.
Thanks! Sounds fun. I'll check it out. :)

I have the basic plan. You probably had the standard plan. The basic plan only allows one device at a time and a lower resolution. But they'll be forcing everyone on the standard plan this year, they say. Or they want to give us ads. I get pop-ups on the Netflix site to get their ad plan.

Thanks! Sounds fun. I'll check it out. :)
Re Netflix...oh okay. Yes I had the ad-free plan. I realized when I looked at my budget spreadsheet that the price didn't quite double as I had mentioned previously. My fee increased by 76%. It's bad enough that Amazon Prime (which I don't pay for) now has ads. When I re-subscribe to Netflix, I'll choose the no ads plan again.

Last edited:
Yesterday was thrown on its head, but in a good way. I lay down for a nap to give me energy to trim some bushes. I ended up sleeping for 7 hours. I woke up at a time I usually don't, did the regular stuff I normally do when I get up, then fell back asleep for a while.

Then I ate something and trimmed the bushes. They were starting to grow into the walkway that people would have to go to deliver stuff to me. There was something satisfying about it. There was a bee buzzing around my head, but I was more nervous about the neighbors ambushing me than the bee, so it didn't bother me too much. I was feeling better about the neighbors too because I kept looking at the for sale sign on their lawn.

I think I might already be back to my regular schedule, but I'm good either way.

Back