How long do you think COVID-19 restrictions will last?

It was said this past weekend it may be this virus will never leave, ever. True or false but admit it, no one predicted the ability of this virus to spread as fast and as easily as it does. 18,327,019 cases and 694,956 deaths globally as of this time of day with no stop signs anywhere. The fact that it is spiking in the Midwest and northern states has to says something. Tragically the most medically advanced nation on Earth is lagging behind in containing this virus. Why? You tell me.

The restrictions need to last until there's a good viable vaccine. Otherwise people will continue to die. I find myself being annoyed with those who think it's their right to do what they want - which could kill me. They don't have the right anymore than they have to shoot me.

The restrictions need to last until there's a good viable vaccine. Otherwise people will continue to die. I find myself being annoyed with those who think it's their right to do what they want - which could kill me. They don't have the right anymore than they have to shoot me.

Read fmdog 44's post # 52........By your logic, we should, [should have] just cower(d) in fear of every virus ever detected in our history ? I won't list them all, they can be looked up.

We must do the best we can to defend ourselves against it, and go-on with our lives/business .

Read fmdog 44's post # 52........By your logic, we should, [should have] just cower(d) in fear of every virus ever detected in our history ? I won't list them all, they can be looked up.

We must do the best we can to defend ourselves against it, and go-on with our lives/business .
I am not cowering. I am being logical. The person to listen to is Dr. Fauci. He is the expert. He is honorable and knows his stuff. When he says I can resume a normal life I will do so. Right now my life is the same as it has always been except for the masks. I'm a writer and writers stay home and write, most of the time. Be well. Be safe. It's important.

I am not cowering. I am being logical. The person to listen to is Dr. Fauci. He is the expert. He is honorable and knows his stuff. When he says I can resume a normal life I will do so. Right now my life is the same as it has always been except for the masks. I'm a writer and writers stay home and write, most of the time. Be well. Be safe. It's important.
Yeah....Fauci's the "expert"

116309623_10224087439399634_1362906874568182952_n.jpg

Not to takeaway from the topic, but I watched on TV as Dr. Fauci threw out the first pitch. I think he should have practiced before the game.
Dr. Fauci is a 79 year old doctor, not a professional athlete in his body's prime of life.
How many of us could do as well or better at throwing a pitch 60 feet on national television?

As for the second photograph with him maskless for a few seconds during the game, he was asked about this and answered it, as has been discussed previously on this forum.

Dr. Fauci's public health, medical, and epidemiological credentials are stellar. Does he make an occasional misstep? Of course.

More importantly, like all true scientists he owns his errors, acknowledges what and why things went wrong, explains that everyone is still learning about this new virus, tells about the latest developments, expectations, and information about the virus, refines his recommendations, and moves forward.

I don't have a good reason, why i haven't worn a mask, up until now.
Staff in stores are all wearing masks now.
Seems kind of mixed up.......about 3 weeks ago, safety seemed to have backed off.......now restrictions are been heightened.
Should never have eased up.
More and more people are wearing masks, and distance is being respected again.
I'm now wearing a mask in public, and if around anyone........shopping habits haven't changed, once a week, if i need something, if not, i don't shop.

Let's do the best we can......so we can reach our new normal.......hopefully.

Rgp seems to be gone from here, at least lately. But I'll answer it anyway, as this "cowering in fear" expression seems to be a favorite with some people.

What a ridiculous way to describe people who are taking necessary health measures to avoid getting a devastating disease. You can probably describe the vaccinations against smallpox, diphtheria, polio, tetanus, etc. the same way. We are "cowering in fear" of those diseases; what a bunch of wimps we are. Doctors and nurses providing sterile conditions for surgery are cowering. Taking antibiotics to fight a bacterial illness, diabetics taking insulin, cancer patients having chemo, heart disease patients having heart surgery, are all "cowering."

Now, the last sentence tries to rise (feebly) above the stupidity. Yes, we must do the best we can to defend ourselves against it. Which at this stage, is mainly wearing masks, washing hands frequently, staying out of crowded spaces. And not reopening schools and businesses while the pandemic is still raging. It's just plain old common sense.

@ Sunny

I'm still here. And IMO shutting down the most powerful nation on the planet IS cowering in fear.

In all of the cases noted, not once did we [as a nation] just shut down. Personal reasonable measures were taken, and we survived . And speaking of stupidity, [yours] diabetes , heart disease , etc are not comparable in this situation.

I'm very disheartened.........with people.......not pointing out to any particular state, country or province.
Restrictions were lessened, in results to that.......some thought it was a free ticket to do whatever, wherever and whenever they chose.
Now active cases are rising.......my province, Manitoba is going in a bad direction, far too many new cases, more cases than in the beginning.
From what i understand on the news......these new cases are a result of community and social gatherings......my neighbours on each side of me......examples of poor practices......pool in one yard......very busy.....no safe measurements there.......she' a school teacher.
the other side of me.......grand central station with kids coming and going......no safety there either......she works in a daycare.

So, speaking for my province, safety being implemented now are measures that should have been mandatory from the beginning, such as masks for one.

In my opinion.......because of some.....we are taking way too many steps back instead of ahead.

I'm so looking forward and excited about starting a new chapter in my life.....but.....waiting time will be lengthened.

It's become a tough life in so many ways now......we need to do as much as we can to help get us going in the right direction......and learn to live in the ' New Normal "

I am admitting my disappointment in my province, Manitoba.
We were holding on to fairly low count of infections.
BUT
It seems like as soon as restrictions were eased......all hell broke loose.
Back to square one or worse.
A large percentage are blamed on lack of safety during socialization.

Please let's get back to the program, and stick with it.

Back