How many Baby Boomers do we have here?

I was born in early 1947. I can remember my early years better than I can remember recent events.
Area codes had not yet been invented when I was young. You needed to go through the operator to place a long-distance call! The first two digits of the local telephone numbers were abbreviations for the location of the phone, ie MA4-1062.

I am a Boomer !What do they call a person that was born before 1946 ?

I googled it.

The Silent Generation
The Silent Generation is the demographic cohort following the Greatest Generation and preceding the baby boomers. The generation is generally defined as people born from 1928 to 1945.

December 1952
The year Dr Jonas Salk trialled the first effective Polio Vaccine
After successfully inoculating thousands of monkeys, Salk began the risky step of testing the vaccine on humans in 1952.
In addition to administering the vaccine to children at two Pittsburgh-area institutions, Salk injected himself, his wife and his three sons in his kitchen after boiling the needles and syringes on his stovetop. Salk announced the success of the initial human tests to a national radio audience on March 26, 1953.
He never filed for a patent that would have “monetized” the vaccine for him.
Salk would explain why in a live national interview with his era’s most famous news broadcaster, Edward R. Murrow.
“Who owns the patent on this vaccine?” Murrow asked the newly famous doctor.
“Well, the people, I would say,” Salk replied. “There is no patent. Could you patent the sun?”

Back