How many of these do you remember?

Bran Flakes, without the raisins
They put the raisins in to hike the price.
Mom said 'no way' we stuck with the Bran Flakes.
Can't find them anymore, you can purchase Bran Flakes with raisins, guess they quit making them yeas ago..
You can find plain bran flakes at Walmart, I’ll then add the Sun-maid Raisins

My mother was so possessed with collecting those golden wheat dishes that she used to hide the soap she bought from my father.

View attachment 94613

It seems like everything we had in those days came out of a box, gas station premiums, jelly glasses or the S&H green stamp store.
We had those, too. And I think Breeze detergent had dish towels in the boxes. And of course a cabinet full of "jelly" glasses. :D

89710501_10223107105851339_6405301534178934784_n.jpg

Any items in #1, i don't remember, not sure if it's that i'm not old enough, or bad memory. I do remember in #27, wrigley's gum, seeing the puzzles in 32 & 33, brings back memories, used to spend hours at those.

JUJUBE
certainly remember Quaker Oats, but they were high dollar brand-3 Minute Oats were cheaper.
am interested in the one square inch of Klondike, any validity to
that at all?
Any knowledge of anyone actually trying to cash certificate?

Aunt Bea: that is the coolest thing,
remember the Quaker Puffed Wheat and Rice-there commercials had them being shot from huge cannon.

So real too, Tax man repo the land- Booo!
Yes, it was a kiddie thing, but inciting
(Now, where did I put my deed; can probably sell it at flea market.')

I remember Green Stamps and Top Value Trading Stamps.
I got my first tennis racket with the Top Value stamps.

My dad managed a G.C. Murphy store back in the day. He once had a few cases of Cracker Jack that were defective in some way (I think it was stale), and I got to empty out the candy and keep all those prizes!

Then of course there were the glasses and cheap plastic-handled steak knives you got with every fill-up at the gas station.

Back