How Much TV Do You Watch?

ClassicRockr

We watch a LOT! The only time the tv comes on, when my wife is at work, is at 1PM to watch Gunsmoke for an hour. Unless we have to go somewhere when my wife gets home, she will turn the tv on a few minutes after she gets home and it will stay on the rest of the evening until bedtime. Whenever we are at home on weekends, the tv is on. What can I say, my wife 100% loves tv........both watching her favorite programs, a dvd movie or simply having it on for sound. She doesn't like quietness, unless asleep. After being together now for almost 19 years, I've got use to having the tv on when she's home. No book reading in a quiet area for us. It's either tv, music playing or a dvd movie going.

Having "sound" comes from her being raised with a brother and two sisters, where the home was pretty much never quiet. OTOH, I was the only kid with my "Guardian" parents, and our home was fairly quiet often. Darn near too quiet at times!

So, how much tv do you watch?

About 2-3 hours a night, when I'm home. I love the new streaming channels, and watch now a lot more than I used to back in the days of network TV with commercials. Easily worth the few bucks a month!

Too much. It's always on, even at night. I shut it off only when I go out.

Like Sunny, I stream now; I only pay for Amazon prime movies, but there is SO much on YouTube, especially documentaries and funny things I enjoy. There's a lot of free streaming on Roku channels, too. I left network nd cable over 2 years ago.

Hardly watched any TV so I cancelled my Direct TV subscription.

I do pay for Netflix and Hulu and Amazon Prime ....I tend to binge watch on those.

Right now I’m waiting for The next season of Grace and Frankie on Jan. 18 I think.

Also waiting for Call the Midwife, OITNB, Handmaid’s Tale and The Crown.

I can't watch TV on my computer for some reason. I watch TV a lot and force myself to get up and go out when it hits me that I have no plans for the day so I'll sit here and stare at the boob tube. My DIRECTV bill is $200/mo. because of my NFL Ticket. I also have antenna tv but only watch it at night for Alfred Hitchcock @ 10PM

Hardly watched any TV so I cancelled my Direct TV subscription.

I do pay for Netflix and Hulu and Amazon Prime ....I tend to binge watch on those.

Right now I’m waiting for The next season of Grace and Frankie on Jan. 18 I think.

Also waiting for Call the Midwife, OITNB, Handmaid’s Tale and The Crown.

I gave up Hulu first. Then I cancelled Netflix but I am sorry to miss the second season of The Crown. I have to say, although I found Grace and Frankie very funny at first, I got kind of sick of it, if you know what I mean. Having all 3 is still saving lots of money tho', isn't it?

The TV is almost always on when I'm home.. but I mostly have it on mute..which sounds daft, but hey I like that.

I record almost everything I watch on tv... so I fast forward the ads.. but on the whole I watch maybe 2 hours a day.. . Hubs gets home from work and has about enough time to watch maybe 1/2 hour of tv after dinner before he has to shower.. , and on his days off, he might watch a film or a car show. .. overall he maybe watches about 3 hours a week!!

I gave up Hulu first. Then I cancelled Netflix but I am sorry to miss the second season of The Crown. I have to say, although I found Grace and Frankie very funny at first, I got kind of sick of it, if you know what I mean. Having all 3 is still saving lots of money tho', isn't it?

Yes, it is. I agree about some of these shows. After awhile they get boring or go in a direction you don’t like.

I got Hulu for The Handmaid’s Tale I think and also I like a show called “This is Us” that’s on a network station, maybe ABC?

Although this last season wasn’t very good in my opinion.

The TV is almost always on when I'm home.. but I mostly have it on mute..which sounds daft, but hey I like that.

I record almost everything I watch on tv... so I fast forward the ads.. but on the whole I watch maybe 2 hours a day.. . Hubs gets home from work and has about enough time to watch maybe 1/2 hour of tv after dinner before he has to shower.. , and on his days off, he might watch a film or a car show. .. overall he maybe watches about 3 hours a week!!

Hubs.... imagine having something to DO all day besides clean and buy stuff on sale? :playful::eek:nthego:

Yes, it is. I agree about some of these shows. After awhile they get boring or go in a direction you don’t like.

I got Hulu for The Handmaid’s Tale I think and also I like a show called “This is Us” that’s on a network station, maybe ABC?
Although this last season wasn’t very good in my opinion.

How is The Handmaids Tale? I saw an epi of This Is Us and it was good!

We have Chromecast and Roku, but really don't use either. Got the Roku basically for their Wrangler Rodeo Network. Got rid of Netflix again. Seems like the movies we like on Netflix, we already have on dvd's.

Once my wife's company moves and we move, our income will be cut and will only be able to afford Basic Cable. Have to wait and see.

Not to much, there are probably 4 TV shows I enjoy. I'd rather read or just busy myself around the house. The hubby watches all day long. I go into our TV room after dinner and watch a DVD with him now and then. Most of the time I fall asleep.

As for me, I live alone, so the TV is on from the time I get to the time I go to bed. Besides watching my favorite programs, my TV adds noise to my home. I've noticed that in a lot of people's Xmas day videos, everybody is happily opening presents; but the TV is always on, usually to CNN. Nobody is watching, but it's on. I'm not sure if it's a way to stay "connected" or like me, for noise.

I don't watch as much TV as I once did,don't have Hulu,/Netflix/Amazon Prime
The only new network show I've become hooked on is NBC's "Manifest' MOn at 10pm
I like to watch these shows on HGTV'My Lottery Dream Home',"House Hunters'. Animal PLanet'Treehouse Master','Crikey,Its the Irwins'
I'm also looking forward to new season of "Call The Midwife',hope its not as depressing as last yr.
AMC's western 'The Son' starring Pierce Brosnan,don't know when season 2 will air

I watch free movies through Kanopy (through the library) and free movies through Hoopla. You are limited to 6/8 choices per month. Otherwise, I freestream oodles of Netflix series for free. My other half tapes favourite
British series to binge watch. If I'm home alone, the t.v. stays off.

I don't watch as much TV as I once did,don't have Hulu,/Netflix/Amazon Prime
The only new network show I've become hooked on is NBC's "Manifest' MOn at 10pm
I like to watch these shows on HGTV'My Lottery Dream Home',"House Hunters'. Animal PLanet'Treehouse Master','Crikey,Its the Irwins'
I'm also looking forward to new season of "Call The Midwife',hope its not as depressing as last yr.
AMC's western 'The Son' starring Pierce Brosnan,don't know when season 2 will air

I just watched the Call the Midwife Christmas Special not too long ago. Can’t remember where I watched it ...maybe PBS on my iPad but I didn’t have to pay for it. I was willing to rent it on Amazon Prime but didn’t have to.

It was good...yes, last season was sad but I think I cry at least once in every episode.
I tried watching Manifest on Hulu and was really excited about it when it was advertised. I liked the first couple of episodes then it started to get too weird for me...kind of like “Lost”....so I stopped watching it.

We cut the cable a few months ago. We now have Netflix and Sling TV via Roku. I can only handle one or two hours of television a day. Recently, I started reruns of NCIS on Netflix beginning with the first episode - with 15 seasons, that one should last me for a while. She watches a few of the Hallmark movies on Sling.

Really miss programs like 'River dance', there is currently a 25 anniversary presentation touring U. Sl.

( Saw an interview with Jean Butler, lead female dancer-it was 'seethly' Michael Flatley had agreed to the a sequel, but ran off to
America to pursuer $$$ -Butler was not pleased.)
Regional groups have limited Iris Folk Dancing, nothing on the scale of River Dance or Flatley's production, but still it would be something
for those that find Irish Dance immensely watchable.
TV at it's very best, maybe PBS will show current sequel in 2020, 2021.

PBS has been presenting 'Celtic Women,' which is excellent, but I do miss the 'racket' the Iris Dancers could produce.
The stamina required to lift one's entire leg time-after-time is remarkable.

Last edited:
I turn on the tv shortly after I get up most days but on some days just shut it off and enjoy the silence. Just signed back up with Netflix. I enjoy watching some series and movies on there.

Very little actual TV, and when I do it's almost always PBS.

However if you count the Netflix that I chromecast to the TV it's one Helluva lot.

Back