How's your weather today?

We are having some major snow right now. It looks so pretty but I don't want to go out there...brrrrrrrrrr!:holymoly:

Warm and windy today here in Arvada, Colorado(roots of Roy Halladay) been a warm winter, considering we're at 5500ft right next to the foothills of the Rocky Mountains.

Warm and windy today here in Arvada, Colorado(roots of Roy Halladay) been a warm winter, considering we're at 5500ft right next to the foothills of the Rocky Mountains.

Ah, Yes...Arvada...I grew up in North Denver...near 38th and Federal. Later my folks moved to Arvada around 75th and Routt, and my Sister/Brother-in-Law live near 80th and Wadsworth...and I have cousins all over North Denver, Arvada and Broomfield. Sometimes I really miss that area. The thing I miss about Denver winters is that it may snow on Monday, but the sun comes out on Tuesday, and by Thursday most of it is melted. Here, if we get a major snowstorm, it can linger for days, and sometimes weeks. We are in a mild stretch, and haven't had 2 inches of snow, so far...but Winter could still hit us big time between now and April.

IT was absolutely bouncing down during the night. So it is now very damp. It has stopped raining just now tho. Much milder too at 6C. Time to check if my roof leaked!

Well the rain has been relentless all morning. Hung off from going out but eventually I was feeling a little stir crazy and had to take a chance. I got soaked through. It is so bad I saw a man taking a fish for a walk!

Ah, Yes...Arvada...I grew up in North Denver...near 38th and Federal. Later my folks moved to Arvada around 75th and Routt, and my Sister/Brother-in-Law live near 80th and Wadsworth...and I have cousins all over North Denver, Arvada and Broomfield. Sometimes I really miss that area. The thing I miss about Denver winters is that it may snow on Monday, but the sun comes out on Tuesday, and by Thursday most of it is melted. Here, if we get a major snowstorm, it can linger for days, and sometimes weeks. We are in a mild stretch, and haven't had 2 inches of snow, so far...but Winter could still hit us big time between now and April.

I watch around 6-8 baseball games a year at Denver North HS. My lot younger(32) friend plays on a good wood bat team(NABA)

We had some snow flurries here this evening that barely wetted the walks and drives. Most the day we was just in the mid-20's.

It seems that the West Coast and the Northeast are getting all the snow and rain this year. The California drought has largely been reduced, and the Northeast is fighting huge amounts of snow. Here, in Missouri, we've only had 2 inches of snow all Winter, we're entering a moderate drought, and the temperatures have been mostly above average....yesterday, we hit 74 and tied the record. If this continues, I can see triple digit temperatures coming this Summer.

Back