I am not sure if I believe we will be reunited with our love ones when we pass on??

Ladybj

Live, Laugh and Love
I do believe their spirit is with us..as our guardian Angels. But being reunited...not sure. I have been married for 36 years (next month) and God forbid anything happen to my hubby but if he passed away and I decided to remarry and my second husband died, who will I be reunited with when I pass away, do I get to choose?? If we are reunited with our loved ones when we die..what's the purpose of us dying? I am a believer in God and he is my strength.

What are your thoughts??

I have had many thoughts about this over the years. Obviously, those who are gone, cannot come back to tell us. And when we go, we cannot pass the news.
In your original thought, though. My husband was married twice before me. As far as I know, both his ex wives are alive. But, will all of us reunite? I am of a mind with Pepper. It will not matter.

I know people who feel we are not "reunited" with anyone. We are just gone. But my feeling has always been, if it gives me comfort to think I will see my husband again, who does it hurt?

I sure hope we will be reunited and I think about this all the time. Id love to think we will all be sitting around the big picnic table in the sky,but how will the generations know each other? I love my mom and dad but my grand kids never met them,will they feel love for them?
I even wonder about my pets. I'm pretty sure my cats that I had at different times will not get along.
Sometimes my head hurts just thinking about it.

What I would like to think what happens after death is you go to Heaven and your loved ones will be with you again. None of us will know though until we pass away. So I guess time will tell .

I find it sad, indeed hopeless, to think that this life is all we're offered. If true, there is no justice. The wealthy lead extravagant lives, while the poor lead a life of pain and sadness. Is our existence nothing more than a throw of the dice?

If this is the case, which I don't believe it to be, where does love, empathy and charity come into play?

Is evil punished, rewarded or ignored?

Our knowledge of the spiritual is limited, perhaps for a good reason.

This is one of the questions I've answered in one of my books.( From the words of angels) but I can't write it here. It will be jeered and mocked. It's a question often asked in my monthly feature column in Emergence magazine. i SO want to tell you but don't dare. I'll say one thing. The heart of the soul will know the true love in the Heavens. The soul understands from a perspective that is different from what is viewed from this one life.

This is one of the questions I've answered in one of my books.( From the words of angels) but I can't write it here. It will be jeered and mocked. It's a question often asked in my monthly feature column in Emergence magazine. i SO want to tell you but don't dare. I'll say one thing. The heart of the soul will know the true love in the Heavens. The soul understands from a perspective that is different from what is viewed from this one life.
Mockers be damned, you should share your views. Why let their voice silence yours?

Although I kept telling myself to ignore the thread and go on my happy way as well.

Gardenlover: Not my views. Angels have appeared to me. I've recieved sacred messages from the Holy Angels of God for most of my life. The first angel that appeared was in a brilliant blue-white light that filled the room. She touched me on the forehead and spoke to me. This is not the right venue to repeat their words and my contract with my publisher forbids me from repeating anything more than a sentence or two. These words are not up for arguement. Angels are messengers FROM GOD. "The mirror of the love is seen on Earth but the true love is known by the meeting in Heaven." and "When two people who have shared love deeply on Earth reunite, it will be the most glorious, most ecstatic feeling a spirit can know." O.K. Mike! If these ladies make fun of me, it's your fault! I used to speak about angels before different groups and one time at a lady's luncheon, one of them threw her salad all over me and called me the devil! (don't like confrontation.) Angel's words are not always recieved well.

I have had many thoughts about this over the years. Obviously, those who are gone, cannot come back to tell us. And when we go, we cannot pass the news.
In your original thought, though. My husband was married twice before me. As far as I know, both his ex wives are alive. But, will all of us reunite? I am of a mind with Pepper. It will not matter.

I know people who feel we are not "reunited" with anyone. We are just gone. But my feeling has always been, if it gives me comfort to think I will see my husband again, who does it hurt?
I agree 100 percent. It doesn't hurt anyone. And If my husband passed before me.. I may feel very differently because I would hope to reunite with him again.

I sure hope we will be reunited and I think about this all the time. Id love to think we will all be siisver met them,will they feel love for them?
I even wonder about my pets. I'm pretty sure my cats that I had at different times will not get along.
Sometimes my head hurts just thinking about it.
I am glad I shared this... I don't feel alone. Try not to let your head hurt because we have no clue and we will never figure it out. Everyone have their belief regarding this issue but its will always be a Mystery until we are faced with it and unfortunately we are not able to come back and tell others what really happens. But its strange I have dreamed about each of my loved ones that has passed.. all good dreams.

Gardenlover: Not my views. Angels have appeared to me. I've recieved sacred messages from the Holy Angels of God for most of my life. The first angel that appeared was in a brilliant blue-white light that filled the room. She touched me on the forehead and spoke to me. This is not the right venue to repeat their words and my contract with my publisher forbids me from repeating anything more than a sentence or two. These words are not up for arguement. Angels are messengers FROM GOD. "The mirror of the love is seen on Earth but the true love is known by the meeting in Heaven." and "When two people who have shared love deeply on Earth reunite, it will be the most glorious, most ecstatic feeling a spirit can know." O.K. Mike! If these ladies make fun of me, it's your fault! I used to speak about angels before different groups and one time at a lady's luncheon, one of them threw her salad all over me and called me the devil! (don't like confrontation.) Angel's words are not always recieved well.
No, you should follow your own judgement on such things. No one else is responsible for what you choose to share or do not.

O.K.gardenlover, I'm not going to waste the angel's sacred messages on those who won't appreciate them or give respect to the truth. Some of the people who derailed my quests for prayer threads are the same people who are trying to start and argue conversations about religion and spirituality. Their purposes are questionable. The same people who applaud your coronation are the same people who will cheer at your beheading!

Doesn't matter how many husbands or wives you've had, when you die, your dead, and you go into the furnace or are buried. There is no heaven or hell. This story is all man made up.

I find it sad, indeed hopeless, to think that this life is all we're offered. If true, there is no justice. The wealthy lead extravagant lives, while the poor lead a life of pain and sadness. Is our existence nothing more than a throw of the dice?

If this is the case, which I don't believe it to be, where does love, empathy and charity come into play?

Is evil punished, rewarded or ignored?

Our knowledge of the spiritual is limited, perhaps for a good reason.
Very good point. We are all individuals with choices that we have made in life. I have learned material things does not bring happiness.. its a false sense of happiness. The wealthy may lead extravagant lives from what we see..we have no idea if they are truly happy. While someone that do not possess a lot of material things are happy and are content and have peace in their life. I guess its all in how we look at life. God wants us to live a life of LOVE, JOY, PEACE AND HAPPINESS... and living an extravagant life does not necessarily bring us those things. Love, empathy and charity come into play within ourselves...JMO. If we have Love, Joy, Peace and happiness and are able to live comfortably to our standard, we are blessed beyond measure.

Doesn't matter how many husbands or wives you've had, when you die, your dead, and you go into the furnace or are buried. There is no heaven or hell. This story is all man made up.
I can't disagree nor agree because I don't know. I have heard that the body dies but the Spirit lives on. Not sure how.

Evidence points to death as a finality. As in when you die, it's over. What's the point? There is no point. We lead a pointless life. Many have had thoughts about death and dying and some hereafter, especially if we were raised in the faith. I have and I think most has. But if some existence takes place after we die it has to be outside the Bible experience. I think because it appears the Good Book was written by people like you and I who wrote stories of an existence after this existence, different stories, books if you will, which were later adapted, edited, rewritten to fit a way of thinking of a group, a church, back in time.

Reincarnation seems more appropriate than some other explanations. Those who live have lived, live over and over. I will say this, if this is all there is it seems a waste of time, and space, and an abundance of cruelty and misery throughout the animal kingdom which would include humankind.

I'm sure there are other thoughts on this subject which I yet do not fathom. Will the circle be unbroken and/ or will I meet you in the morning? Will we be known as we are known or will we wake up, a new born in a new life we don't recognize. Life is a great mystery. None of know about the great unknown after life. We don't know and we can't know. I suggest we rest easy, knowing all who have come before us have pondered these same questions.

Here's Carl Sagan's take on the subject:
https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/1221453-i-would-love-to-believe-that-when-i-die-i

Last edited:

Back