I Feel Like Dancing!!

Night Fever BeeGees Line Dancing in Japan
The Japanese often have outdoor exercise groups like this

Turn up the BeeGees volume and let's JOIN THEM...right where you are!
Even if you just do some toe-tapping....get the circulation going :love:💃🕺👯‍♂️

Last edited:
Why it`s never Too Late to start Dancing?

"Yes. it`s never too late to start dancing. Because dance is something which you do every day, maybe you don’t notice it but all your day to day activities includes you dancing in a rhythm. Great you decided to learn dancing. It’s one of the best things you can do with your mind, body & soul."

"Regular dancing is great way for losing weight, maintaining strong bones, improving posture and muscle strength, increasing balance and co-ordination, beating stress, anxiety and fear. You can read more about the amazing benefits of dance here, and you will start dancing right away."
(READ MORE)
old-lady-dance-and-doing-dab-1536x1025.jpg.webp

The Irish stepdance styles and old classic tap dance styles are very impressive to this person that also has enjoyed a lifetime of fast feet. My own Rock style has none of the heel toe ankle tapping that frees up the rest of the body for more involvement and flow. At a certain point in the right state of mind, everything going on below is just automatic without any thinking, that is an incredibly exhilarating visceral experience. Thus it is just not all show but rather a tremendous internal experience. That is how Flatley just seems to float around with powerful movements.

Is this India?

I googled "new 2022 dance videos" and was pleasantly surprised
when this refreshing clean innocent young video popped up...
with 17 Million views since it first posted in January 2022!

I had my finger on "Post Reply" but hesitated thinking
I'd better check out the translation for the lyrics before
posting and found that the song, "He Jisu",
is a praise song for Jesus. Of course, I approved.

Last edited:
I like how they start dancing to a strong Rock like beat that charges their starting dancing rhythm before the music subsides into vocals. They have tapped into the 8 position 3-dimensional bilateral symmetry of our bodies which is a common base of many fast rhythmic dance styles including the Irish stepdance, classic tap dance I just mentioned above and even ordinary bipedal walking. Some biomechanics.

The basic body form of bilateral segmented Earth creatures with a neural tube is a top head brain/food eating end and bottom digestion exit end with a number of neural segments between that in many animals have balanced numbers of at least 2 appendages on each side. Insects have 3 appendages on each side. Most common with lizards, birds, mammals, is two appendages on each side. Fish and worms are segment wigglers without appendages. Bird wings are their front appendages while apes have arms with hands as their front appendages and lower bottom legs. Only upright bipedal creatures would be able to standing dance.

For we bilateral symmetry humans with 2 appendages of each body side left and right that totals 4 and each of those in consideration it is 3-dimensional can be in a forward or rear position to balance the opposite end side of the body. So 8 total positions. Thus when one moves their right arm forward, it has a balanced effect on the left leg rearward. Conversely a left leg forward effects the right arm rearward. By tapping into a balanced elastic movement as the 4 positions go back and forth front and rearward, a natural dance rhythm can arise. Most dance styles however quickly abandon that for more complex choreography affects and in the above that is all the arm and hand movements those women are making. In sports we also use the 8 positions of movement, and sometimes that is rhythmic as with dance including myself dynamically skiing.

Wow David. Who knew. I learn so much in Senior Forums. Regarding your last line, do you literally ski or are you using skiing as an example of the rhythmic movement you use when dancing? Can you post a youtube video example of that dance?

Wow David. Who knew. I learn so much in Senior Forums. Regarding your last line, do you literally ski or are you using skiing as an example of the rhythmic movement you use when dancing? Can you post a youtube video example of that dance?
I've been a hard core Tahoe ski enthusiast for over 4 decades. Am a long time elite fall line bump skier. Here is an example of bilateral side to side dynamic skiing by a pro that uses similar 8 position bilateral symmetry of muscles and balance as dancers.

Thank you Ruby for posting this one. It's such a feel good video. I smiled all the way through. Everyone in the audience, in the aisles, and on the stage...happy and smiling. I want to go there and be one of those dancers in the aisles wearing pretty dresses. I noticed a few white-haired senior women dancing in the program.

Thank you @Lara. I'm glad you liked it. You can watch many Andre Rieu videos on You Tube. This one is so much fun to watch. All of his videos are good. The whole orchestra and the audience are entertaining.

Yes. I spotted many white-haired seniors in that dance group. I wanted to be there with them in a long flowing blue dress.

Back