I Grew Up Back When - Post Your Memories...

It's likely been said already, but I grew up back when you could go out with friends all day and not have to check in with texts and phonecalls. Oh, and being able to record the Top40 on the radio on a sunday night...it set me up for the whole school week!

I'm not sure why this occurred to me, maybe the pictures of classic cars jogged a memory. Remember when cars had a choke lever you pulled to help get then started? And then eliminated the lever and you had to push the accelerater pedal to the floor once to set the choke? Then after it warmed up you gave the accelerator a quick tap to knock it out of high speed idle?

It seemed each car had its own preferred sequence and if you didn't do it just right you weren't going anywhere!

I remember some cars had the starter button on the floor under the accelerater pedal. I miss the floor mounted headlight dimmer switch. Today some manual transmission vehicles have to have the clutch depressed in order to start.

We were watching American Pickers, and they came across a sign for Dr. Ross dog food. My wife remembered it as a child, and even remembered the jingle. We went on youtube and found the commercial with the jingle from the 50's

dr ross.jpg

dr ross.jpg

Computer-Cartoon-253-300x300.gif

Back