I love baseball

I wasn't surprised Atlanta beat Dodgers last night 4-2 to win,they played better, my favorite team just ran out of gas and were tired.
Congrats to Atlanta who play in the World Series for the 1st time since 1999,their opposition is Houston Astros. I won't be watching,but will be rooting for Braves

I wasn't surprised Atlanta beat Dodgers last night 4-2 to win,they played better, my favorite team just ran out of gas and were tired.
Congrats to Atlanta who play in the World Series for the 1st time since 1999,their opposition is Houston Astros. I won't be watching,but will be rooting for Braves
Ditto to all of that. The Braves were the better team this year and deserved the victory. I wish them luck and would ordinarily watch the World Series, but since I can't abide the Astros I also won't be watching.

I'll probably watch some of it on my computer while I do other stuff during the action lulls and commercials. I don't care who wins, but if I were to bet on the game, I'd take the Astros.

Entire country is for the Braves in the World Series... except for Texas, Louisiana ... and Delaware?
Why is Delaware for the Astros? .... just curious about that :)

iu

Can't say that I really watch any baseball on a professional level anymore.
I grew up in the days of the New York Yankees, and Mickey Mantle reining in MLB .... lol ... so It's been a few years.

I'm puzzled though, why are the Braves allowed to continue to use that name? ... After all the fuss in football and renaming teams over being disrespectful - why are baseball teams not held to the same standards? ... just wondering

San Francisco Giants fan here. Played much baseball as a Sacramento area kid. Modestly prefer Braves over Astros. Both Giants and Dodgers were the strongest MLB teams this season however key injuries near season end diminished either from reaching the World Series. For the Giants, losing their top run producer Brandon Belt after being hit by a pitch on his hand breaking a bone was a huge loss. Do not like the post season structure due to bean counter tv money that gives little benefit to teams that spent months to win their divisions only to just have home stadium advantage. Baseball season in this era is also way way too long.

At times watching tonight's game. Braves were ahead 0-4 but now in 5th behind 7-5.

Ok why am I reporting this herein? Because over decades recall watching other same region sports event with that same Tomahawk Chop humming tune that made me laugh. And now the bad thing. My laughing internal brain keeps compulsively playing it back despite my not wanting to think about it...

Will go outside a few minutes and play some hard rock...

That was an entertaining game! The Braves started off strong with a grand-slam home run but it was all Astros after that except for another homerun by the Braves.

I've been pulling for the Astros and it's always better when your team wins. Next game is Tuesday. :)

Can't say that I really watch any baseball on a professional level anymore.
I grew up in the days of the New York Yankees, and Mickey Mantle reining in MLB .... lol ... so It's been a few years.

I'm puzzled though, why are the Braves allowed to continue to use that name? ... After all the fuss in football and renaming teams over being disrespectful - why are baseball teams not held to the same standards? ... just wondering
Why? What's disrespectful about being Brave? 🤪

Why? What's disrespectful about being Brave? 🤪
It's the new world of political correctness :rolleyes:

We have a football team in the Canadian Football League that was called the 'Edmonton Eskimos' for decades. They were forced to change their name this year due to the 'Eskimo' reference. They rebranded the team name to Edmonton Elk. So far, they've lost almost every game they've played since the rebranding- lol!

I've lived in the arctic for 30 years and never met an indigenous person that had any issue with the original 'Eskimos' name. In fact the team was a favourite in the north because of the relatively close proximity!

Post 112, 113 ask what is the problem with Braves as a name of a ball club, and what is wrong with their 'Chop'.

There is no problem, the crazed political correct are merely saying conform to their thinking:rolleyes::censored:
Were now watching the Washington Redskins who have no logo on their helmets (A Redskin) nor do they have a name.
'Redskins offend us.'

They decided to remove this offensive name: Redskins, before the placard, sign carrying crazies desended on them.
They have no name, they are now the Washington Orphans, a team in Washington, without a name.
They are currently know as the Washington Football Club.
Nonsense, horse poo...

Last edited:
I have an immense fear that what I say will be misconstrued because often, when I speak, things come out wrong, and it seems like I'm being a jerk, but it's really just anxiety taking control of my mouth. When I get that way, my words don't reflect what's going on in my brain, which is telling me to "Run away! Run away!"

That was an entertaining game! The Braves started off strong with a grand-slam home run but it was all Astros after that except for another homerun by the Braves.

I've been pulling for the Astros and it's always better when your team wins. Next game is Tuesday. :)

This is one of the better World Series I have ever seen. These guys are GREAT! I can not predict a winner they are so well matched!

Post 112, 113 ask what is the problem with Braves as a name of a ball club, and what is wrong with their 'Chop'.

There is no problem, the crazed political correct are merely saying conform to their thinking:rolleyes::censored:
Were now watching the Washington Redskins who have no logo on their helmets (A Redskin) nor do they have a name.
'Redskins offend us.'

They decided to remove this offensive name: Redskins, before the placard, sign carrying crazies desended on them.
They have no name, they are now the Washington Orphans, a team in Washington, without a name.
They are currently know as the Washington Football Club.
Nonsense, horse poo...
Really? You can't see why Native Americans would find these names and the chop offensive? You either have an extreme lack of empathy and social awareness - not to mention American history, or are deliberately obtuse.

That Washington couldn't come up with a more interesting, creative name for their team the "Washington Football Club" can't be pinned on those behind ditching the highly racist "Redskins."

One day the Atlanta Braves will be forced to discard their racist ways. In the meantime most of the rest of the country will continue to shake our heads in disgust at their persistent clinging to ugly, hurtful stereotypes.

When people know better they should do better.

Really? You can't see why Native Americans would find these names and the chop offensive? You either have an extreme lack of empathy and social awareness - not to mention American history, or are deliberately obtuse.

That Washington couldn't come up with a more interesting, creative name for their team the "Washington Football Club" can't be pinned on those behind ditching the highly racist "Redskins."

One day the Atlanta Braves will be forced to discard their racist ways. In the meantime most of the rest of the country will continue to shake our heads in disgust at their persistent clinging to ugly, hurtful stereotypes.

When people know better they should do better.
The word brave is probably not racist, since it refers to a Native American who was trained and prepared to defend his home and family, although it is a term used by White settlers and not by Native Americans. We have cities all around the country named after Native American tribes and nobody seems to have a problem with that.

The tomahawk is definitely racist, though! :ROFLMAO:

The word brave is probably not racist, since it refers to a Native American who was trained and prepared to defend his home and family, although it is a term used by White settlers and not by Native Americans. We have cities all around the country named after Native American tribes and nobody seems to have a problem with that.

The tomahawk is definitely racist, though! :ROFLMAO:
Using the term Braves to describe a White sport and team is at the very least cultural appropriation.

Agree many places in North America have retained their Native American names, thank goodness. Certainly better than the decidedly unimaginative names early English settlers used: New England, New Providence, New York, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Rochelle, and so many more.

History of the Braves logo. Not the most dignified image...

Braves.JPG

You know Houston (camera's in center field and elsewhere) will win.
Just hold on, lots of innings still left.

(Is this a thread about baseball or the placard toting crew?)

Braves won
Houston said they will be back, 'We will buy more cameras.'

Last edited:
7-0 Braves; bottom of 7 :eek: They've done it again primarily with the longball!
Looks to be unrecoverable for Houston without a miracle of some sort. Houston's gone through a lot of pitchers tonight :oops:

Back