I posted a current event that was ruled political

Mr. Ed

Life does not deserve my gratitude.
My recent post was news headlines but it was ruled political and was removed? Is there a way I can post the event without removal?

Just found this from @Matrix :

Politics is not allowed on this forum, political posts and threads that easily lead to political debate will be edited, removed or locked without notice.
Public comments or questions regarding moderation are not permitted, instead please contact a moderator via "conversation".

https://www.seniorforums.com/threads/notice-all-members-please-read.5265/

I too have questions about how the no politics rule is applied, but it appears we should not be raising those questions here, a message to Matrix is the way to do it.

Just found this from @Matrix :

Politics is not allowed on this forum, political posts and threads that easily lead to political debate will be edited, removed or locked without notice.
Public comments or questions regarding moderation are not permitted, instead please contact a moderator via "conversation".

https://www.seniorforums.com/threads/notice-all-members-please-read.5265/

I too have questions about how the no politics rule is applied, but it appears we should not be raising those questions here, a message to Matrix is the way to do it.

Even if we would just like the opinion of others here ? ..... Oh that's right no one elses opinion matters .... forgive me I forgot.

but your ad does not contain political content....:unsure:
I rarely frequent anything political, hence the algos don't throw political type ads my way. Currently a nursing care ad is on top of the page, so I must have been searching or looking at something medical related the past few days. That's how the algos work.

What is at the top of your page, or are you using an ad-blocker?

I rarely frequent anything political, hence the algos don't throw political type ads my way. Currently a nursing care ad is on top of the page, so I must have been searching or looking at something medical related the past few days. That's how the algos work.

What is at the top of your page, or are you using an ad-blocker?
The first post was removed by Matrix and Mr Ed posted as such in post #1 however it is still viewable in attachment post #2

My sister was a psycological therapist and she would not continue therapy on a person who displayed political views that did not agree with her political views. Needless to say we did not get along and I disowned her a few times.
Sad that she was unable to separate her personal views from her professional responsibilities. I wonder how her clients fared with an individual holding such a rigid mindset? It would likely seep into other areas also. The potential for an abusive power dynamic scares the hell out of me.

Mr. Ed's post was definitely inviting an opinion as I saw it, and this leads to arguments and insults and Lord knows what all. If everyone conducted themselves sensibly and like an adult, with the ability to digest alternate and opposite opinions that would be fine. However, past experience elsewhere has proven that emotions get in the way of responsible discourse. Thus, Mr. Ed could have just posted a link to his article in anyone was interested in reading it.

Needless to say we did not get along and I disowned her a few times.
Once wasn't enough?

My wife is a therapist, LCSW, a little bit like a psychologist, not physical. She accepts anyone regardless of political or religious persuasion. However many of her clients ask for a therapist of a given religion or political party. Apparently that is not uncommon.

She even has a contract with the Mormon Church, and they send her clients who don't want to talk to a Mormon therapist. Sure surprised me, I think it says something for the credibility of the Church that they would honor such a request, and pay for it.

Last edited:
My recent post was news headlines but it was ruled political and was removed? Is there a way I can post the event without removal?
I for years posted in a "retirement" UseNet news group that had been consumed by politics and become 100% political. Seldom, if ever, was there even a mention of retirement. If politics was permitted in this group, the same fate would befall Senior Forums, and I believe did at some time before I arrived here. Regardless of the source, if you post material referencing political parties, politicians, or "wings" you can expect it to be deleted. Sorry, but that's the price of posting here.

The politics debacle here was during that election year. The candidates were torn to shreds along with the posters who backed them.
Guess I missed that. And I can certainly understand wanting to avoid those things. I don't think personal attacks either on individual politicians or particularly on people here are ever useful.

The problem is that the term "politics" covers a lot more than this. For example the discussions of issues like Monkeypox and Ukraine just to name a couple of examples contain political discussion.

Maybe it's partisan politics that's the problem. It is only a part of politics, but often what people think of when they say politics.

My sister was a psycological therapist and she would not continue therapy on a person who displayed political views that did not agree with her political views. Needless to say we did not get along and I disowned her a few times.
Can't comment specifically on your sister, but it's my understanding that there are a lot of crap therapists out there. I had one in my early 20's, she verbally attacked me and I didn't go again for 25 years. But a therapist being political is very suspect to say the least.

Disowning her is called "no contact" and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that when said individual is a threat to your mental health.

Regardless of the source, if you post material referencing political parties, politicians, or "wings" you can expect it to be deleted.
That would make sense, and make for reasonable guidelines. However I am not sure those are the guidelines being applied here.

Last edited:

Back