Ideal for me

what a book
Ministry for Love
War is Peace and Peace is War.
Slavery is Freedom
Big Brother. The fear of total scrutiny.
Might some Christians have an image of God like this? A ruthless pursuer of sinners. " im watching you .......so loook out!! šŸ˜

...Might Christans have an image of God like this? A ruthless pursuer of sinners. "

Page 4 and I'm just now finding this thread which is jam packed with conversational inspiration. Starting here...
Scripture shows us that God isn't a ruthless pursuer of sinners at all. Rather, God is waiting for the sinners with love and patience to come to their own conclusion that they are indeed in need of a savior. Then he waits for them to "knock, and the door shall be opened unto them." as he promises with complete forgiveness. Afterall, God created them with the ability to make their own choices.

Page 4 and I'm just now finding this thread which is jam packed with conversational inspiration. Starting here...
Scripture shows us that God isn't a ruthless pursuer of sinners at all. Rather, God is waiting for the sinners with love and patience to come to their own conclusion that they are indeed in need of a savior. Then he waits for them to "knock, and the door shall be opened unto them." as he promises with complete forgiveness. Afterall, God created them with the ability to make their own choices.
I like your image of God. I read something recently where this guys idea of entering Heaven was us walking towards towards the Father , His arms open wide waiting for us. Like the Father in the Prodigal Son.
Thats the image I will hold on to.

re how we imagine God:
the movie Oh God
with George Burns
I really like the idea of God having that kind of comic personality.
we can take some stereotypical images of God too seriously.
this is not only fresh but well thought out.
I wish i could write a movie like that.
who could play God now? George Clooney? im joking. no way

God certainly perceives, enjoys, and expresses humor because He made man in his own image. There are examples of His humor in the Bible but His humor has meaning and value. Many people in the world think being crude is funny and they think humor at the expense of others is funny. But that kind of humor would not find favor with God. His humor is more focused on whats good and pure.

If I remember correctly, the humor in the movie Oh God was all good fun-loving humor.

Loving God.
How do we love God?
By loving other people.
theres the challenge.
I used to think I could love God by just loving Him. Its easy to love perfection.
But God wants us to love imperfection as well.

hey lara
i think we are destined to disagree, maybe even fall out over our different Christian views. I had a very consevative Christian view but recently i am becoming more "liberal". i bet you hate that word. šŸ˜

Loving my boss.
Now theres a challenge.
She has a different world view of what constitutes "good leadership".
Keep us on our toes all the time. Constantly find petty faults in our work so she always has the edge. So we never forget who is boss
I exaggerate of course but it feels more like terrorism. Petty dictatorship. Very negative. Not one ounce of praise for our efforts yet.
There ive had my vent.
I need to learn more tolerance. Her job is much tougher than mine. Huge responsibility. She is very dilligent.
Shes a child of God. Why does that sound like fake empathy?

hey lara
i think we are destined to disagree, maybe even fall out over our different Christian views. I had a very consevative Christian view but recently i am becoming more "liberal". i bet you hate that word. šŸ˜
Ok, bring it on. Fireworks can be fun. What are your recent more liberal Christian views? I don't have a "falling out" with anyone over differences of opinion because I respect freedom to choose what to believe. But if we grew to have nothing in common then I would only lose interest perhaps.

Last edited:
Ok, bring it on. Fireworks can be fun. What are your recent more liberal Christian views?
Bring it on?
Thats fighting words and a fight is not what I want.
My Catholicism alone is enough to wind some other denoms up.
Personally i try to take an ecumenical approach. my brother is Pentecostal but we get on pretty well.

There's no fighting spirit inside my soul...not the bad kind...only sincere interest. My spirit is full of a whole lotta' love šŸ„°

But I agree with you regarding picking apart varying denominations of Christianity. I don't like to go there especially because I feel the differences in how people worship are not as important compared to believing the basic doctrine of Christianity, such as John 3:16.

I'm not Pentecostal nor Ecumenical. I'm just a Bible believer.

Last edited:
John s probably my fave gospel. Most poetic.
Over the last few years ive started attending Bible Study. i didnt have much of a clue of scripture but have markedly improved. Im doing Jeff Cavins Bible Study course. Done mostly OT. Fave book is maybe Exodus but also Job. Jeremiah my dsve prophet. Ive got a long way to go. Learning is a never ending story. That why I think retirement should never be the end of our learning curve.

My prayer life needs to improve. i can get carried away with just the intellectual pursuit of scripture knowedge or insights from theologians. Also I dont actively help out at Church or assist the poor. My father was the opposite. Very active helping the poor but not interested in the intellectual side.
I think if you just focus on intellectual Christianity you become no better than the Scribes and Pharisees who tested Jesus but were actually hypocrites.

The Bible says, "study to show thyself approved unto God, rightly dividing the truth". My fave is the NT starting with John as well. I like the way the NT tells us how a Christian should act and focuses on love and hope with a simple way to forgiveness for all.

The OT is important but it's more difficult for me as I struggle with understanding the truth while taking into account the differences of Biblical times vs Today like MosaicLaw no for today and Slavery.

Today's slavery should all be abolished but Slavery back then is interesting. People were not enslaved because of their nationality or the color of their skin. In Bible times, slavery was based more on economics; it was a matter of social status. People sold themselves as slaves when they could not pay their debts or provide for their families. In New Testament times, sometimes doctors, lawyers, and even politicians were slaves of someone else. Some people actually chose to be slaves so as to have all their needs provided for by their masters.

I never heard of the Book of Macabees?? Its not in my Bible. I use the King James version and sometimes cross-reference other versions in seeking truth and clarity. I don't use commentaries or read what theologians say. It's just between me and God's Word for the most part. I sometimes pray before reading my Bible and ask God the Holy Spirit to reveal the truth to me as I read. I like it to be a personal relationship. But as a last resort, if I'm confused, I will study further and seek trusted advice.

i think you are right about personal relationship with God being our Number 1 focus. Absolutely.
Yeah slavery was part of their culture in ancient times. we cant really judge them.
yeah Macabees is part of the Cathilic Bible.
i read commentaries of bible in order to understand better.

My prayer life needs to improve as well...as in more often and more inclusive all prayer needs. I should keep lists as there are so many needs of friends, family, our country, our world, etc. But as far as the "prayer language", I just use my everyday language and just converse like I do normally. God wants a comfortable relationship with us like that but of course with sincere respect, praise, honor, and glory.

Jeffrey Epstein
So does he really " get away with" all that sin?
Surely there is a Judgement Day for him. I dont believe in an "automatic" Hell. Hell only exists until we decide to fess up and own our mistakes. Epstein has to work off his crimes...somehow...is all a mystery of course but ....
as Dostoyevsky said " if there is no accountability for evil then we can do whatever we like. Life is meaningless"

Last edited:

Back