Ideal for me

They can't because that's admitting they believe there's a God.
I spend a bit of time on another forum now to be honest. They allow religious debates. Dealing with arrogant atheists is tough. Still , Christians can be arrogant too I admit.

Do atheists blame God for not existing?

I try not to interfere with diaries, but I just have to comment only ecspecially because you had a comment in return. Tell me, just tell me with proof and evidence, what atheist told you that they blame God for not existing? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Maybe it was an agonist? That I might I kind of believe. I do understand that's it's okay to talk a about religion here but not to the extent that it should be allowed to diss anyones else's belief or unbelief. That's my opinion.

with all due respect Olivia i would prefer to discuss this with other Christians like Lara. Of course you are free to comment. Just dont be offended if I dont respond to your posts. May i suggest joining a forum which allows debate on such things.

Hypo, religious discussion is not banned here. Only politics.

This forum does allow debate on such things.

Some people, like myself, may not care to, but it is "allowed".

I'm curious as to why you thought it was not. 🤔

Last edited:
Hypo, religious discussion is not banned here. Only politics.

This forum does allow debate on such things.

Some people, like myself, may not care to, but it is "allowed".

I'm curious as to why you thought it was not. 🤔
Discussion is different to debate.
i prefer discussion as debate of religion will just fire up division. Like politics does. So even if this forum allows Religious debate im not really keen on it. Because we can start to dehumanize each other.
this forum's strength is not going down that path I would suggest.
having said all that, I would be happy to start some discusdion threads ....possibly...but not on this diary subforum.

with all due respect Olivia i would prefer to discuss this with other Christians like Lara. Of course you are free to comment. Just dont be offended if I dont respond to your posts. May i suggest joining a forum which allows debate on such things.

What makes you think I am not a Christian? Oh, because I am not Lara? May I suggest you open up your mind as you suggest I do the same.

Four day weekend coming up. Cant complain about that. Its a good deal for all concerned but dog especially.
He will be getting more trips in the car. To more interesting parks. 😃

We are encouraged to think of Jesus on the Cross when we suffer. But sometimes people actually suffer more than Jesus Christ did. Long term suffering such as Motor Neurone Disease. So Jesus' suffering is not meant to be some kind of benchmark we must aspire to. It is God showing us that He understands our suffering. He wants to share in our suffering.
And we forget that His suffering was not just physical. He suffered emotionally by watching His mother watch him die. He suffered humiliation when they mocked him and spat on Him.

We are encouraged to think of Jesus Christ when we suffer. But sometimes people actually suffer more than Jesus Christ did. Long term suffering such as Motor Neurone Disease. So Jesus' suffering is not meant to be some kind of benchmark we must aspire to. It is God showing us that He understands our suffering. He wants to share in our suffering.
And we forget that His suffering was not just physical. He suffered emotionally by watching His mother watch him die. He suffered humiliation when they mocked him and spat on Him.
I mostly agree BUT what is missing are the words "Love" and "Forgiveness". That's what our main focus should be on with regard to Christ's suffering. How much pain wasn't the point and wasn't being measured. It was God's Love for us that was being measured, for ALL sins and sinners, to be freelyForgiven. That was the measure. The greatest gift ever (our only part is to receive it).

The sins of man were being forgiven by this visual of the cross so Man could more clearly see, understand, know, and never forget God's unconditional love and offer of forgiveness...just for the taking. There's no way we could ever suffer enough to atone for our sins alone, to be worthy enough for eternal life. Sins of man are too great.

Oh! And hey! Enjoy your 4-Day Weekend. Stay safe.

maybe I should do a few Christian themed threads so that everyone can join in freely. Just I treated this diary thread as semi private. oh well. that was my illusion. But I don't want to be responsible for chaos, division and enmity. which might happen.

no I haven't norman. you recommend it? by Charles Darwin?
The most disturbing book I have read is, Johnny Got His Gun, by Dalton Trumbo. It should be a forced reading for every politician who voted to send a young man to war. Anyway off subject, .....I have the Bible on my nightstand the other I placed in trash, all other books I have read were recycled.

...Faith allows us to believe the Bible's teachings.
Without that faith, logic leads us to believe the end of life is the end of everything.
No purpose to life and as in the animal kingdom, luck and survival is what matters...
Without Faith, Logic leads me to the same conclusion. There is no way this intelligent design and order of creation was a result of some random Big Chaotic Bang and Luck, using your word. That sounds like something man's finite mind would come up with. Who made the bang? Who created luck? Who created the energy? Who created the mass? Look around you. Look inside you. Feel Love. Don't you see the wonder of it all?

im in a coffee shop right now. Theres a bluesy jazz version of Smoke on the Water playing. Numbers are small. Its around 7.00am. This is the best time to come here. Later in the day its chaotic.
Ive finished reading the papers. Nothing really grabbed my attention today for some reason. The debate on Euthanasia Laws rage here. Im torn on this but the arguments seem to be repetitive after a while. Im neutral.

Back