If You Could Bring Someone Back to Life, Would You?

yes I do...everytime things go wrong..if my health is bad.. if my daughter needs help.. sometimes a small white feather or 2 will land close to me in my garden, and I feel my mother is listening and telling me thing will be ok..and it usually always is...

I didn't believe the stories about the white feathers before our daughter died. I used to put it down to a passing pigeon. I've changed my mind now. Whenever I'm thinking about her, or feeling a bit low; I find a small white feather at my feet

With some of my loved ones who have passed, I feel their presence, see them in my mind or have dreams about them that are more than dreams.

I would love to see my Austrian mother, and as some of you know she was killed by my father, and I was 18months old with 4 siblings. When I started my research 30 years + ago I received an Austrian reply from the police to say that my mother had gone to England and gave me an address and added that there were no other relatives by my mother's surname. My grandmother had kept her marriage name and had I known at the time' what it was, I would have met her and my Austrian brother would have reconnected with her . The point for writing this is that 'situations' happen that we can never understand. I am a strong believer that we will meet our loved ones one day and 'things' happen for a reason- don't know why ( still working on that one) but I believe my mother has always been with me to look after me. I can give you a number of instants where my life could have been over but I survived. My siblings also believe mum is with us to look after us while we are here. They may not be with us physically but ,for me, they are here for us spiritually. Just my thoughts. ☺

I would love to see my Austrian mother, and as some of you know she was killed by my father, and I was 18months old with 4 siblings. When I started my research 30 years + ago I received an Austrian reply from the police to say that my mother had gone to England and gave me an address and added that there were no other relatives by my mother's surname. My grandmother had kept her marriage name and had I known at the time' what it was, I would have met her and my Austrian brother would have reconnected with her . The point for writing this is that 'situations' happen that we can never understand. I am a strong believer that we will meet our loved ones one day and 'things' happen for a reason- don't know why ( still working on that one) but I believe my mother has always been with me to look after me. I can give you a number of instants where my life could have been over but I survived. My siblings also believe mum is with us to look after us while we are here. They may not be with us physically but ,for me, they are here for us spiritually. Just my thoughts. ☺
I believe real love is one of the forever things.

How old was she when she died? Yes, one day would be wonderful. It would give you the chance to hold her one more time and talk about the things you needed to talk about, now.
She was only 67. I just turned 73, and for a long time, didn't think I'd make it this far.

Did anyone in your family live to me really old? There are a number in my family who did. But my generation of cousins isn't faring so well.
My half-brother is turning 88, and half-sister is 82. My father died, aged 68 .. so, it must be their paternal side that had longevity.

My half-brother is turning 88, and half-sister is 82. My father died, aged 68 .. so, it must be their paternal side that had longevity.
Or going back a couple of generations, maybe people lived longer.
I personally would not want some of my loved ones to come back. Our world is getting too difficult. Mom and my brother suffered enough in their lifetime to endure more harm. I would prefer that they rest in eternal peace.
Not even for just a day?

Yes, by any means posssible.
I understand that. Some days I just want to see my mom and dad, the way they were when they were young and healthy. My romantic partners who passed, left a big hole when they passed too. One of the ways I work it out is through writing my novels. Some of my characters are based on people I know who have passed. It makes the characters richer and I work out the losses. It kind of brings them back to me.

He was killed in an explosion in 1950. It was the day before mum brought me home from the hospital Mum never remarried and worked from then when she was 30, until she retired in 1980. Because daddy died in an industrial accident (Monsanto chemicals) they were liable and had to pay mum compensation. My God she had to fight for it. The gave her... wait for it. £1000 to buy a house and £700 for me. I got it when I was 21. By the way, they only gave mum a thousand because she had had TB as a child and wasn't likely to live long... she was 94 when she died and as strong as an ox, but sadly had dementia which finished her off.
That long ago ....

The only human I'd like to bring back was my grandfather on my dad's side. He was much nicer than my parents.
(I've posted previously about my Raging-Witch mom; I wanted to leave the broom she rode on in her casket)
Everything else I'd like to bring back were not humans; they were pets.

Mrs Brown, my English teacher in 10th grade,
so I could say thank you for changing my life
in a powerful way with just a few words.

It was oral book report day and students were asked to come up on a volunteer basis. I suffered low self esteem that was debilitating so I froze in my seat hoping she wouldn't see me. She said, "Anyone else have a book report?" I kept my head down. She said, "okay, everyone is dismissed...Lara, can you come up to my desk please?"

I suspected I would get an F. Instead she never mentioned the report.
She said, "Lara, I've noticed that you are a good artist and the Yearbook needs someone to do their Layout Design.

Long story longer, I went from yearbook designer, to VCU, the Corcoran School of Art in Washington DC, became an Art Director for a firm there who sent me to Hawaii to cover a Convention there among many other things, then a design firm in Hollywood, won an award in the Communications Arts Magazine, then started my own business. I redesigned my late husband's Sports brochure for his business that took off.

I called the school so I could say "thank you" personally. Mrs. Brown died before I could thank her.
Contact someone in your life who made a difference, however small, and say thank you before it's too late.

Back