Is it really awesome?

I just remembered something from one of my favorite shows - "Mannix."
One episode involved an insane guy who kept threatening to kill Mannix for some previous wartime grudge when they were both in the army.
He ended most of his sentences with "K?" Meaning "Okay?" But he wouldn't say, "Okay;" he just said, "K?" on Mannix' answering machine.
Finally Mannix figured out who he was & he told the police: "He drove us crazy, the way he'd end every sentence with "K?"

I have a co-worker, early 40's that constantly uses that word. Every time I do my job, which is supporting my division, he tells me I am awsome. When he greets people he tells them to have an awesome day. He also tells me to keep being awesome. I'm really getting tired of it. If he wants to compliment me, great, but using it to such an extreme takes all the meaning out of it.

I want to use a good comeback, but can't think of anything.

I've used the word awesome too in the casual sense. The sunset this morning was awesome, our vacation in Hawaii was awesome, etc. Not a problem for me to use it or hear it. Now, irregardless or could care less....that's another thing. 🤨

I have a co-worker, early 40's that constantly uses that word. Every time I do my job, which is supporting my division, he tells me I am awsome. When he greets people he tells them to have an awesome day. He also tells me to keep being awesome. I'm really getting tired of it. If he wants to compliment me, great, but using it to such an extreme takes all the meaning out of it.

Tell him, "no I'm not awesome. "I'm spectacular!

I'd ask, "Is there anyone you've met who you don't find awesome?"

Irregardless drives me nuts! I love it when someone on Judge Judy says "irregardless" and she gets all over them for it.

OMG...in addition to "irregardless" and "could care less" one that makes me scream out loud is "a list of pacific items". WHAT?!

It's also interesting how a lot of people on Judge Judy say "She borrowed me some money". Sheesh. 🙄

I wonder how such people find their way out of bed in the morning. What's scarey is they graduated from high school, sometimes college.

Last edited:
it is used on and off in the UK. but its so American slang .. wonder what was used before that came along --
we in the uk . usually say wow or how lovely ..

I know I do use the word awesome way too much, but I did just get an awesome fishing rod! The word "terrific" is what my dad would have used years ago, and that man in that famous house uses it too, so I won't.

People are always fixin' to do somethun 😃down here ..

iu
Hahaha Bonnie! 🤣😂🥳🤩

why bother its a American saying anyway --we say --AMAZING AND WOW' let the Americans have their expressions who cares like the man said ...

Back