is the End really in sight?

Our numbers of new positive tests are going down in the US. But we still don't know what the Super Bowl parties have done to that. Usually after something like that the positives spike again in a week or two. People need to stop feeling that they are exempt.

So in three weeks time I might be able to travel again.Only might mind.To where?
To a rugby match?No.
To pre-season cricket?No.
To a concert?No.
To my favorite cafe? No.
No danger of an open cafe for at least nine weeks.
Thank you very much.After a year of this my mental health is shot and there is no prospect of me being able to do anything I enjoy.But hey I’ll be able to travel to places that are not open....
Does anyone actually want their life back?I think it has become a pipe dream in Wales.
What price we get locked up in the next flu epidemic?
If we re elect our Dictator in May I would put money on it.
Vaccination in Wales does not mean the return of freedoms.I question the point of life with no social contact and absolutely nothing to look forward to.

So in three weeks time I might be able to travel again.Only might mind.To where?
To a rugby match?No.
To pre-season cricket?No.
To a concert?No.
To my favorite cafe? No.
No danger of an open cafe for at least nine weeks.
Thank you very much.After a year of this my mental health is shot and there is no prospect of me being able to do anything I enjoy.But hey I’ll be able to travel to places that are not open....
Does anyone actually want their life back?I think it has become a pipe dream in Wales.
What price we get locked up in the next flu epidemic?
If we re elect our Dictator in May I would put money on it.
Vaccination in Wales does not mean the return of freedoms.I question the point of life with no social contact and absolutely nothing to look forward to.
i agree ...... i will find it odd if people just open up ...... i know they are opening places near me but once again nothing to do with health but they are running out of tax monies...

the fear and panic is so strong with some it is almost funny .... they won't turn off the hysteria that quickly.
i had a work meeting with young scientist/ research associates low risk as far as i can tell ....
yet they are panicked ......that people are not wearing a mask ( alone in their car) on their way to work or in parking lot where no one is remotely close to anyone else.......

even management who are older and more likely to have an issue are saying calm down to these young people.......

Hopefully Dana, everything will get going fast...

They're talking about vaccine passports here.. in that you might not be allowed to travel or even go to the pub unless you have a vaccine passport... it's not been decided yet, but that's the whisper in the trees and in the media
Got my first shot last Saturday, she filled out a card, a little smaller than an index card with the manufacturer, dose, date and signed it.
She said at some point they may ask for it while boarding a plane, train etc.

If someone asked, "Is the end of influenza in sight?, history would suggest each year brings its renewal and/or new variants. COVID is essentially an over-hyped influenza. variant. Look at the statistics, do the math, follow the money and get your answer.

Sorry, I think you're wrong. It is not overhyped, it is deadlier and more contagious. It also requires more hospital intervention in severe cases. It also has more long term health effects in some cases many of which are not understood.

Please show us your statistics, math and money to show me wrong.

Announcement this afternoon that crowds can -all things being equal-return to sport in England on May 17th with capacity crowds allowed not long afterwards(June 21st)
While Wales and Drippy steadfastly refuse to even consider such a momentous move I can now plan some away cricket trips.So if you live in Hove,Leicester,Derby,Bristol,Taunton and perhaps one or two other places look out for a big bloke with a Welsh accent.It’ll be me.Looking happy.
Now have to hope it doesn’t rain....but I can see an end to my imprisonment....at last.

Define the end? End of the day, end of winter, end of employment, and so on?
On the rebound, beginning of a new day, Spring comes after winter and as far as employment is concerned for me, I’m saving gas by commuting to and from work.

The end is always here but the beginning comes after the end Or before the end whichever you prefer?

From the last I've seen about it, there is a little bit of tentative hope that the numbers are finally going down. But they're not sure why. It could be because it's the end of party season, family visit season, etc. Or maybe because people are finally wearing masks. Or it could be partially thanks to the vaccine, though they seem to think it's still too soon to give the vaccine credit. So nobody really knows why, but let's be thankful for it anyway.

Speaking for the US, once vaccines become more plentiful, I think it will finally taper off. I hope. Here in New York they are hard to come by. Here in the Western Part of NY, pretty non existant. I check several times a day

From the last I've seen about it, there is a little bit of tentative hope that the numbers are finally going down. But they're not sure why. It could be because it's the end of party season, family visit season, etc. Or maybe because people are finally wearing masks. Or it could be partially thanks to the vaccine, though they seem to think it's still too soon to give the vaccine credit. So nobody really knows why, but let's be thankful for it anyway.
Some medical experts are crediting winter temperatures. I remember reading last summer that this was expected.

Some medical experts are crediting winter temperatures. I remember reading last summer that this was expected.
From what I remember, it was the opposite. A year ago, we were being told that the numbers would taper off as soon as summer arrived, as the virus does not like warm weather. I don't think weather has a whole lot to do with it, except that people tend to mingle indoors more at certain times of the year. But then it isn't the weather, it's the mingling.

From what I remember, it was the opposite. A year ago, we were being told that the numbers would taper off as soon as summer arrived, as the virus does not like warm weather. I don't think weather has a whole lot to do with it, except that people tend to mingle indoors more at certain times of the year. But then it isn't the weather, it's the mingling.
Yes, that, too. But I remember hearing the argument that the coronavirus was air-born as well as "droplet" and if we all stayed home for Christmas, it would die out from the cold.

I haven't heard of anybody crediting winter temperatures? The thought has always been that
Yes, that, too. But I remember hearing the argument that the coronavirus was air-born as well as "droplet" and if we all stayed home for Christmas, it would die out from the cold.
Never heard that. They've found live virus' in the glaciers, so I doubt cold has any effect.

I haven't heard of anybody crediting winter temperatures? The thought has always been that

Never heard that. They've found live virus' in the glaciers, so I doubt cold has any effect.
There was a big debate about it starting late last spring (2020). Proof, then debunking, then more proof and more debunking. All of it was based on computer-generated models, though, which is the same as a guess, imo. An informed guess, but you're still talking about an unknown. I compare it to theorizing about what kind of things are in the cosmos, what they're made of and what they are are doing.

Back