Israel-Gaza war: Netanyahu vows to defy allies on Rafah invasion

Paco Dennis

SF VIP
I watched Netanyahu speak yesterday. I was surprised at how firm and strong his resolve to finish what he started. To achieve the goals he stated from the beginning. To bring the hostages home, to eliminate Hamas, and make Gaza non-threatening. Now after 4 months, it is down to the last battle ( maybe ). There are over a million Palestinians taking refuge in Rafah. He plans to evacuate them to safe areas and provide them aid. It is going to take a couple weeks to accomplish this.

There is a lot of international pressure for him to stop this invasion. He wishes they remembered the horrible attach by Hamas that started this, but he feels they have forgotten how devastating Oct. 7th was and vows to continue on with or without international support. Whatever happens now will set in motion some kind of significant change in where this war is headed. That is what is bothering me. IDK what is going to happen, and it rattles me to the bone. Is there any scenario you can think of where this turns out with any king of lasting peace? Or at least where people can rebuild there lives and live in relative peace?

I watched Netanyahu speak yesterday. I was surprised at how firm and strong his resolve to finish what he started. To achieve the goals he stated from the beginning. To bring the hostages home, to eliminate Hamas, and make Gaza non-threatening. Now after 4 months, it is down to the last battle ( maybe ). There are over a million Palestinians taking refuge in Rafah. He plans to evacuate them to safe areas and provide them aid. It is going to take a couple weeks to accomplish this.

There is a lot of international pressure for him to stop this invasion. He wishes they remembered the horrible attach by Hamas that started this, but he feels they have forgotten how devastating Oct. 7th was and vows to continue on with or without international support. Whatever happens now will set in motion some kind of significant change in where this war is headed. That is what is bothering me. IDK what is going to happen, and it rattles me to the bone. Is there any scenario you can think of where this turns out with any king of lasting peace? Or at least where people can rebuild there lives and live in relative peace?

I have been watching a series of videos by a YouTube named Corey Gil-Shuster, a Jewish man who asks pointed questions of both Palestinians and Jewish people. Things like 'how much do you hate Israeli's' or 'what do you think of Hamas' or 'do you think you can live with Palestinians in this country', etc. Interestingly, neither side responds with majority massive hate to the questions and while there's the occasional response of 'no we can't, they have to go', generally speaking, it seems that most people are sick and tired of all this fighting and are ready to learn to get along.

From listening to these, it seems likely that the ones who are really fomenting the violence and hatred are the leaders of both groups, Hamas on one side and the Israeli government on the other. And of course, each of their more rabid supporters. And like I said once before, if black Americans can become active, and accepted members of 'white America' as has happened in the last 60 or 70 plus years, so can Israel and the Palestinians. Maybe if Israel tried a little less 'stick' and a little more 'carrot', the Palestinians would be incentivized to drive out and/or re-educate their youth who follow those who are violent.

It remains a mess. It looks like aid is getting through better now. The ground attack on Rafah looks immanent, but will take a few weeks to get civilians to safety. Israel is still killing Hamas fighters in different places, and will continue until the goal of eliminating them is accomplished. I wish that Hamas would quit fighting back for now. Just quit. Give all the hostages back. Then negotiate with international help a treaty that both can live with. I would like a two state solution. They are going to have to come to some way to live in the same area, or this could go on for generations to come.

5 hours ago.

There are reports that the US is preparing to put a resolution to the UN security council calling for a ceasefire in GazaExcept the actual draft resolution doesn't demand a ceasefire - instead it notes the imperative of having one (with conditions attached) (release of all the hostages)

Release the hostages or explain, plainly, why not. Explain the use of hospitals as political headquarters.

Without dealing with any other issue, as desperately important as they are explain those two issues and those only. Let's see what you come up with.

Well he has already killed over thirty thousand,mainly women and children,and doing his best to starve the rest, so invade Rafah and kill some more innocents wont bother him. I would lump him in with HITLER and PUTIN just another EVIL bastard!
Exception being No one attacked Hitler or Putin. October 7 was an attack by Gaza/Hamas on Israel .

If ya do not wish to be caught up in the devastation of war ... do not start one.

Exception being No one attacked Hitler or Putin. October 7 was an attack by Gaza/Hamas on Israel .

If ya do not wish to be caught up in the devastation of war ... do not start one.
And the missing piece of most people's puzzle on why that happened, is what came before for decades. If you don't take that into account and make changes, it's likely to happen again and again.

IMO, Hamas won a catastrophic victory on October 7. If their goal was to scare the heck out of the vast majority of Israelies they get an A+. If their goal was to get the Israelies to leave Israel they get an F.

Why aren't all of us calling for a de-escalation of the continued violence on both sides? So that both sides can live in peace?

And meanwhile, Israel just approved more of the Palestinian's West Bank for settlements. How many more people will have to flee to Gaza?

Months after one such hard-liner, Yahya Sinwar, became the local leader of Hamas in the Gaza Strip (2017– ), he stated in a roundtable discussion with young Gazans: “Gone is the time in which Hamas discussed recognition of Israel. The discussion now is about when we will wipe out Israel.”
The sad situation in Gaza reminds me of the words of the Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto who upon hearing of the fabulously successful attack on Pearl Harbor supposedly said “We have awakened a sleeping giant”.

The attack on Pearl Harbor, which also occurred on the 7th was celebrated by Japanese military men the day after the attack. Just as the Japanese did, Hamas members and supporters celebrated their victory on the following days. Foolishly, they did not see that the attacked country could simply not allow the attackers to get away with it.

Hamas leadership has something in common with Japanese leadership from 1945. One day they were at peace. The next day - thanks to their own actions - they were at war. They did not realize that the attacked country would set out on a path to completely destroy the military capabilities of their attacker. Like the Japanese in WW2, Hamas leadership failed to see the consequences of their actions on their own civilian population. Or they saw it and perhaps wrote off the future deaths as an acceptable consequence. I‘ll let the historians answer that.

It is recorded that while all his staff members were celebrating, "Yamamoto alone" spent the day after Pearl Harbor "sunk in apparent depression".[3] Yamamoto was upset by the bungling of the Foreign Ministry which led to the attack happening while the countries were still at peace, thus, along with other factors, making the incident an unprovoked surprise attack that enraged American public opinion.[4]

Last edited:
I have been watching a series of videos by a YouTube named Corey Gil-Shuster, a Jewish man who asks pointed questions of both Palestinians and Jewish people. Things like 'how much do you hate Israeli's' or 'what do you think of Hamas' or 'do you think you can live with Palestinians in this country', etc. Interestingly, neither side responds with majority massive hate to the questions and while there's the occasional response of 'no we can't, they have to go', generally speaking, it seems that most people are sick and tired of all this fighting and are ready to learn to get along.

From listening to these, it seems likely that the ones who are really fomenting the violence and hatred are the leaders of both groups, Hamas on one side and the Israeli government on the other. And of course, each of their more rabid supporters. And like I said once before, if black Americans can become active, and accepted members of 'white America' as has happened in the last 60 or 70 plus years, so can Israel and the Palestinians. Maybe if Israel tried a little less 'stick' and a little more 'carrot', the Palestinians would be incentivized to drive out and/or re-educate their youth who follow those who are violent.
I agree with your points Debrah. We can't stop people from hating entire groups of people because of their color, religion, nationality, sexual orientation but to do so is not right. There are good and bad in every single one of those groups. I choose to believe that most people are good. My son and I are Muslim and we have Jewish friends. We would never want to see harm come to them, their families or their communities.

That citizens on each side have become victims and casualties in this war is terrible. There are those who feel that Netanyahu did what he had to because of the Hamas attack. Yes, it started out that way but now he has gone beyond what's necessary and the world is beginning to see that...even his allies.

So was this his plan all along? I ask because it was brought to light that he knew of the impending attacks, first reported as three months before, then it came out that it was up to a year before. Allegedly he ignored the intel. Why would a leader who cared about his country's people do that? Could it be that he wanted Hamas to be able to attack so he could justify doing just what he's doing...starving and killing thousands upon thousands of Palestinian citizens? It's what power mongers call collateral damage and they don't give a damn who gets sacrificed!

Unfortunately, there is still a mostly silent (but sometimes blatant) "war" against people of color in this country. It is insidious and those who are not Black and brown, thus not subject to it, do not realize the extent of it, so they minimalize it or outright deny it exists!

@Brookswood You said: "Foolishly, they did not see that the attacked country could simply not allow the attackers to get away with it."
I'm thinking Hamas wasn't foolish but callous. They just didn't give a damn about the terrible consequences their actions would bring to the Palestinian citizens. I wish they (and not the innocent citizens) would be wiped from the face of the earth.

Last edited:
I agree with your points Debrah. We can't stop people from hating entire groups of people because of their color, religion, nationality, sexual orientation but to do so is not right. There are good and bad in every single one of those groups. I choose to believe that most people are good. My son and I are Muslim and we have Jewish friends. We would never want to see harm come to them, their families or their communities.

That citizens on each side have become victims and casualties in this war is terrible. There are those who feel that Netanyahu did what he had to because of the Hamas attack. Yes, it started out that way but now he has gone beyond what's necessary and the world is beginning to see that...even his allies.

So was this his plan all along? I ask because it was brought to light that he knew of the impending attacks, first reported as three months before, then it came out that it was up to a year before. Allegedly he ignored the intel. Why would a leader who cared about his country's people do that? Could it be that he wanted Hamas to be able to attack so he could justify doing just what he's doing...starving and killing thousands upon thousands of Palestinian citizens? It's what power mongers call collateral damage and they don't give a damn who gets sacrificed!

Unfortunately, there is still a mostly silent (but sometimes blatant) "war" against people of color in this country. It is insidious and those who are not Black and brown, thus not subject to it, do not realize the extent of it, so they minimalize it or outright deny it exists!

@Brookswood You said: "Foolishly, they did not see that the attacked country could simply not allow the attackers to get away with it."
I'm thinking Hamas wasn't foolish but callous. They just didn't give a damn about the terrible consequences their actions would bring to the Palestinian citizens. I wish they (and not the innocent citizens) would be wiped from the face of the earth.
I agree with every point you've made here and I came across the following Times of Israel article regarding the issue of Netanyahu knowing about the attack....in the months leading up to October 7th, IDF observers spotted Hamas activity at the region where the wall was breached. Training exercises, holes being dug, explosives being placed and according to the Times of Israel, those observers were advised 'it was just farmers' and thus unimportant. Sounds a lot like Netanyahu was 'arranging' an excuse.....

https://www.timesofisrael.com/surve...ivity-on-gaza-border-for-months-before-oct-7/

Could happen if Egypt agreed to govern Gaza until they elect a new government. Egypt doesn't want to, but I hope that changes. I think it would work out in time.

(I don't know if anyone's even talking about it)
I have heard some about this possibility. I am sure this is very complex, and will take a lot of agreements.

I just heard that there has been progress in agreeing to hostage release ratios by Israel. Now on to Hamas to see if they agree. There are some other areas that have to be agreed on yet though. So it looks like it is going to still take sometime. They seem to be working on this now with a concentrated effort. Let's hope it goes well.

I have heard some about this possibility. I am sure this is very complex, and will take a lot of agreements.

I just heard that there has been progress in agreeing to hostage release ratios by Israel. Now on to Hamas to see if they agree. There are some other areas that have to be agreed on yet though. So it looks like it is going to still take sometime. They seem to be working on this now with a concentrated effort. Let's hope it goes well.
Yeah? I'll check it out.

It's tragic that Egypt closed their border to Gazan civilians when this thing kicked off.

I get it, Egypt knows members of Hamas would sneak through, probably some important ones, and that is a major complication, but they could have placed Egyptian armed forces at the border; a military checkpoint, maybe along with Israeli forces. Still not fool-proof but so many civilian lives could have been spared.

That is my feeling too. I'm sure we've all seen the photos of the devastation in Germany in WWII and the horror of the atomic bombing of Japan. But how would we have felt if other nations had been trying to force England and America to stop bombing Germany and Japan. The solution that worked for Japan and Germany was to surrender and agree to peace discussions.

Peace treaties and negotiations worked for returning the Sinai to Egypt and for negotiating the borders between Jordan and Israel.

But there are so many Islamic terrorist factions active in Gaza I don't see any easy path forward, I'm pretty sure they will kill anyone on their own side who expresses a willingness to not be in an eternal jihad war against Israel. I think it is so sick that they use their religion to justify murdering people who aren't members of their religion. Super creepy stuff.

That is my feeling too. I'm sure we've all seen the photos of the devastation in Germany in WWII and the horror of the atomic bombing of Japan. But how would we have felt if other nations had been trying to force England and America to stop bombing Germany and Japan. The solution that worked for Japan and Germany was to surrender and agree to peace discussions.

Peace treaties and negotiations worked for returning the Sinai to Egypt and for negotiating the borders between Jordan and Israel.

But there are so many Islamic terrorist factions active in Gaza I don't see any easy path forward, I'm pretty sure they will kill anyone on their own side who expresses a willingness to not be in an eternal jihad war against Israel. I think it is so sick that they use their religion to justify murdering people who aren't members of their religion. Super creepy stuff.
"I think it is so sick that they use their religion to justify murdering people who aren't members of their religion."
Not only is is sick HoneyNut...it's downright blasphemous! Islam forbids the killing of innocents and suicide is also a major sin, as is using Allah's (God's) name to justify their heinous actions. So suicide bombers are committing three major sins. And those fools think they will see paradise! These terrorists groups are the main reason people hate Muslims and Islamaphobia is so prevalent! I hate that this is the case and hate those groups!
Islam does not allow killing innocents

People need to take things into context, however. Centuries ago, talk of fighting and killing came about because Muslims faced holy wars from those who rose up against them to keep them from practicing our religion peacefully. So they fought to protect their families and their right to religious freedom. Many Muslim lives were lost. I think many know that there have also been holy wars involving non-Muslims throughout history.

Last edited:

Back