It has taken me an hour - I booked a 1 week holiday in Melbourne

I really enjoy spending time in the mountains. Is that what Aussies call the bush? I learned a lot about living off the grid while in the military, which when we camp in the mountains is comparable. There are no conveniences. In the military, it’s called survival training. It can be a good time, but not in January around this part of the country and worse further north, like in Wisconsin or Minnesota.
Yes, going bush is getting out of the city and into the forest, far from the maddening crowd :)

Bretrick: In 1999, we spent 3 months in Adelaide - on a house exchange with a former Canadian and his South African wife. We extended our 3 months with 3 additonal weeks in New Zealand. It was a trip of a life time and we certainly couldn't afford being away for almost 4 months if not for home exchanges.

Melbourne is on the other side of Australia to Perth. 2700kms - 1677 miles.
Accommodation for 1 week - $617
Return airfare - $586

I has been many years since I have been on a holiday outside of WA.

Took me at least that long to book from SEA to San Diego CA and return. It's crazy.
I think you got the better deal. Still trying to find accommodations. Late Feb.

Will be going at Easter time. Nothing specific planned. See Carlton play in the AFL. Go up into the Dandenong Ranges.
Enjoy Melbourne for being Melbourne. Travel all over on their great transport system, trams and trains.
Check out what shows will be on while you will be there.

Back