January 2020... Share your Day... Happy New Years Everyone...

I'm creaking today. Yesterday the dishwasher stopped working with an error suggesting the drain was blocked. I ended up having to take the machine out (it's built-in) and get the covers off. Eventually after removing the drain pump, I found that a small chicken bone had somehow got past the filters and jammed it.

Well, that's it up and running again, but I ache! The machine is about 10 years old and that's the first problem it's had.

Weather is clear but windy today, so feels a lot cooler than it really is. Time for some Spring cleaning in the workshop.

Cool here in Florida. Got down to 46 last night. Went up to Publix for a few groceries, ended up with $114 dollars worth. Wife sent for those copper bracelets and they came today. To please her I’m wearing mine, but I don’t think they do a darn thing for a person. What do you guys think?
My dad got into copper too. I don't know if it helped him.

Trying to get my hours straightened out again. I hope I can make it to at least 7 pm tonight to go to sleep, been up all night but napped a lot yesterday.

I'm getting my aldi's delivery this morning.

I tried to buy something on Ebay the other day and they refused my debit card. I know I have enough money in my account. I ordered something else on Amazon and they accepted my debit card. I'll have to call the card member services of the bank I go to and see what's up.

It's a chilly morning here. I'm going to get all bundled up to take the dog out shortly.

A good day to all! ;) :coffee::cool:(y)🐶

Prepping the motor home for another trip. Replaced the power inverter in the motor home. replaced the start battery in the motor home. changed the water diverter valve in the motor home. changed the filter in my well house. changed the front brake pads on our trailblazer. Started and ran the Harley, the trike, the wood splitter, the portable generator, the backhoe, spare car, and the riding mower. Best to keep them all up to snuff.
Meanwhile, the missus gave haircuts to 3 of the fur babies. (between her usual cooking, cleaning, dog walking, laundry, etc.)
Just another day in paradise. :) Taking advantage of the warm days.

@RadishRose , we have PriceRite here, which is partnered with ShopRite. I love the place. Does your ShopRite take coupons? PriceRite started last year. But I do not think we have Senior Days. I will have to check.

Garbage day 2 weeks worth!!!!
If you lived here you'd have 2 weeks worth all the time, because that's when the refuse lorry collects... every 2 weeks. We were shocked to the core a few years ago when we were first told that we'd be going from weekly collections to 2 weeks, and I still hate it to this day especially in the hot summers (this year we had high 90's ) bu t there's nothing we can do.
The regular household smelly trash gets emptied every 2nd Wednesday and the recycling trash also every second Wednesday so although a cart is emptying every week, it's only one type of trash..

I'm fed up. The hospital consultant follow up appointment I've been waiting almost a year for has been changed again for the 3rd time to another later date.

It's all about manipulating figures here to meet government targets. Initially they sent me an appointment for October 2019 ( I'd been waiting almost a year by then ) then they sent another cancelling the first and changing to mid January... and this morning I've received yet another cancelling until the end of February!! :(

Today is one of my volunteer mornings in the business office at my church
I couldn't be there last week because of my head cold
Lenore,our wonderful graphic designer, won't be in today,she called&asked me yesterday if I would get the monthly newsletter mailed out.Another staff member will print out 75 newsletters.My job is fold/tape/label/put stamps on them,takes me about an 1hr 1/2

Been getting some things done in my apt. the past few days. I cleaned out my silverware drawer in the kitchen and used Murphys to clean it.
Then I put down new shelf paper-it's black and looks like netting but very nice. I doubled the thickness when I put it down.

Did a load of laundry very late last night into the morning. Got the towels washed. I'm pretty much all caught up on the laundry now but I do want to wash a few blankets I have.

One blanket is in Suzy's bed. It needs a little freshening.

Listening to meditation music on Spotify on my tv. It's very relaxing. Almost put me to sleep. It actually did make Suzy sleep.:D

Going to watch my favorite game shows in a few minutes.

Have a good day everyone.✌🐶🐤🌹🌺☃❄☮

It's been around freezing all day here. Mrs. L has been applying for a new passport. Doing it on-line with a digital photo is cheaper than submitting a paper application.

First, the photo booth would not accept paper money, then it was difficult to get the photo right because the seat was not adjustable. Eventually it worked and she had to fill in the details on the on-line form. Then she got a reference number and instructions to return the old passport. Great - back to town to post it in a tracked package and then back on-line to confirm that she had posted it. Nothing is simple these days.

Hopefully it won't be too long till she gets her new passport and I can book some spring holidays. Not sure where we'll go, but we like to get away in Spring before work starts in the garden and we start touring in the UK.

It's been around freezing all day here. Mrs. L has been applying for a new passport. Doing it on-line with a digital photo is cheaper than submitting a paper application.

First, the photo booth would not accept paper money, then it was difficult to get the photo right because the seat was not adjustable. Eventually it worked and she had to fill in the details on the on-line form. Then she got a reference number and instructions to return the old passport. Great - back to town to post it in a tracked package and then back on-line to confirm that she had posted it. Nothing is simple these days.

Hopefully it won't be too long till she gets her new passport and I can book some spring holidays. Not sure where we'll go, but we like to get away in Spring before work starts in the garden and we start touring in the UK.
Womnder if she'll get to keep the Red on for the next 10 years or if she'll have to get it changed after we leave the EU back to our old Blue one... . I've only got about a year left on the EU one so I suspect when I renew it will be back to our British one...

It's my wedding anniversary today ..19 years! I remembered about it a couple of days ago, but I completely forgot about it today, and because I've been so busy I didn't remember until this evening, and told his nibs who'd forgotten as well.:oops::LOL:

Not possible for us to go out this evening, but if the weathers' decent we'll go out on Sunday and have lunch or take a trip on a riverboat or something...

Congratulations on your anniversary, Hollydolly. Hope you find a nice way to celebrate it.
Ours is in Sept. so we usually have a holiday found that time.

It's freezing today about -5C (23F) overnight, but it's a bright, clear day and forecast for tomorrow is for being a lot warmer. I collected a load of scrap wood yesterday, so I've got a lot of kindling to chop for the stove,

We wondered about the passport, but Mrs. L's is due for renewal soon and since we usually fly off somewhere in Spring, we can't leave it too long.

It's my wedding anniversary today ..19 years! I remembered about it a couple of days ago, but I completely forgot about it today, and because I've been so busy I didn't remember until this evening, and told his nibs who'd forgotten as well.:oops::LOL:

Not possible for us to go out this evening, but if the weathers' decent we'll go out on Sunday and have lunch or take a trip on a riverboat or something...
HI Holly,belated anniv greetings,hope you are able to go out Sat to celebrate,many more yrs of happiness Sue

Got about 8 hours of total sleep last night but I kept waking up. At least I managed to get back to sleep each time.

My neighbor has been blasting her music and it's getting annoying. If she keeps it up I'm going to call management. I couldn't even hear my tv! But she didn't keep it up all night at least. And it's not that bad of a choice in music she has..lol.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Back