January 2020... Share your Day... Happy New Years Everyone...

Toffee,butterfly,hope you both feel better soon,know what you're going thru
Last wk,my head cold I was really congested,took Robitussin which helped a bit.The antibiotic I took,Zpak{azithromycin} relieved the problem in a couple of days
I hadn't felt that bad in a couple of yrs

I had a beautiful day today. My 9yr old granddaughter's dance school had a recital this afternoon. Her trio danced to "Girls just want to have fun",and they were terrific. We got there early enough to get front row seats. If it wasn't for the rude lady sitting next to me the day would have been perfect. She was soo rude and said so many nasty things about some of the teenager's performing,and she said it loud. One young lady was a little over weight and this lady yelled "Why is that fatty on the stage". Another thing she said was when a young girl was playing the part of a boy in a duet dance. She the said "Oh great a gay girl." Instead of cracking her on the head me and my husband moved to different seats.I will never understand how someone could be so rude. She is really lucky that one of the teenagers parents that she was picking on weren't sitting near her or they might just have hit her on her head.

My volunteer morning at Canopy of Neighbors,calling other members
I couldn't go last wk because of my head cold
This afternoon,I'm having tea with my minister,Tom&his wife Carol at their house.We've been friends over 20yrs. Its been a wonderful friendship,I get to see a more personal side to Tom.They want to hear about my Christmas in New Hampshire at my brother&sister in law's house.For yrs,they've been going to Lake Winnipesauke on their summer vacation

This morning have my 1st PT appt for my left knee{good one} which I injured in Nov
I injured the knee as I was taking my early morning walk at 6:45a As usual the sidewalks outside our apt building had not been shoveled,even though our driveway had been plowed at 5am.I didn't see a patch of ice,I slid but didn't fall.
The place I'm going to is wonderful,4 yrs ago I went for PT on my right shoulder.The therapists are all very nice and they helped me

Today started off sunny and quite warm, raining now, tho' . Not feeling in the best place physically but hey.... just irritating that I can't get out for now.. but if I can't get out then let the world come to me :D.... just had 2 deliveries of a new printer, and an all singing and dancing car battery charger . Not only does it save me going out and hunting down the best, it also means someone carries it right into the hallways for me.. I love that part!!

This morning I went with church friend to our early morning service at 8:15
There were 14 'regulars' who came considering the weather conditions,some suburbs of Buffalo,driving was difficult. Afterwards,I went into our library to hear my close friends,Marcia&Dave give their travel presentation.This past summer they went on 10 day tour with members from another church to Copenhagen,Stockholm,Helskini,St.Petersburg,Moscow.I had seen some of their pictures couple months ago.It was fascinating
The rest of my day,read local paper,try to go outside for afternoon short walk,do exercises for my knee,read my book

Yesterday I organized all my prescriptions and supplements, and odds and end I keep near to me on the coffee table or below it. I threw out old prescriptions that had expired and poured some other medicines into the bottles of the same that I have a lot of.

Then I used Old English furniture oil on my wooden coffee table. It always looks so good after I polish it. It tends to look like crap when it's dusty.

Took the dog out in this cold weather. We didn't stay out long as it's just way too cold for that..for me anyhow.

Listened to lots of music. It always improves my mood.

Have a good day everyone!

Yesterday was a glorious sunny day but a tad cold,high was 22
When I went on my early walk at 6:30, light snow flurries,temp was 23
This morning I go to PT for my left knee.The daily exercises my physical therapist gave me to do are helping.
This afternoon after lunch&nap,go take a walk,then read my book

This morning I'm going to the Dollar Tree store for a couple of items
The rest of my day,go for a walk,read my book.After dinner I always tackle the NYT daily crossword puzzle.I finished Mon's but not yesterday. If I can't finished it after 30min,I'll put it down go back to it 1/2 hr later.Sometimes it works,I can finish it.I was too tired yesterday

I never went to the Dollar Store this morning because waiting for the bus it was too cold outside
It was a 'spur of the moment' idea. I'll wait for another day when its warmer outside
An hr later,I walked 3 blocks to our local co op store bought 3 items

My volunteer morning in the business office at my church,doing my weekly computer tasks
Afterwards,will walk a block to grocery store,"PriceRite' need couple items
After lunch&nap take a walk,depending on how icy the sidewalks look,I may just go around our apt complex.Its always diffcult this time of year to walk on sidewalks where residents are too lazy to shovel/salt their sidewalks, become icy.Its a city ordinance for residents to keep sidewalks clear.

Back