July 4th

What are your plans, if any, for July 4th? What foods anticipated?

I am forced to stay home because of eye surgery. Good thing I bought hot dogs and canned beans a few weeks ago.
Not much. Sitting in with the pets to keep them calm when the fireworks go off. I may go outside for awhile and see if any of my neighbors are sitting out tonight. We have new owners here and they threw out most of our tables and chairs to sit out with so not many will probably be out there.

This is a National holiday here. You think you're enlightening anyone? Your posts about "myths" in a thread such as this are in very poor taste.
Lighten up RR, they are not myths, and I wouldn't denigrate your country for one second, I love the US. Underneath your avatar I see that you are from Connecticut, a State in Southern New England. I live in Hampshire, old England, but I do consider it an honour that both my county and my country have been blessed and remembered when New England & New Hampshire were chosen as names in the new territories.

Furthermore, my post wasn't about the "Mother" country trying to put the colonials in their place, far from it, I took the comments from the American publication: "The Smishsonian Magazine," deliberately so that my argument couldn't be misconstrued. It seems that I got it wrong, so sorry, enjoy your Independence Holiday and if you carry an early American flag:
fourth july.jpg
Chanting: "Down with the British!" Believe you me, I'm with you, heart & soul.

Five Main Reasons The British Lost The Revolutionary War
iu

1. The Failure to Capture or Disband Washington’s Army
2. Parliament Opinion On The War Was Split
3. The Franco-American Alliance
4. Lack of Loyalist Support
5. Inability to Efficiently Supply the British Army

Last edited:

Back