Little things which irritate which probably shouldn't

Little things which irritate

Glad you asked...
1.Food packaging (all types) is HORRIBLE!
2.Child proof medicine caps!
3.Touch Technology- used with mobile devices 🤬
4.Business phone menu systems[for English press 1, for payments press 4...etc]
5.TV advertising-
a."ask your doctor for blah-blah meds...."
b.snake oil ads-"...and she'll like it too"
c."you'll lose 15 pounds the first week..." etc.
d. Reverse mortgages

Little things I love

5 o'clock(somewhere) and a Keto Mojito
Vodka
Club soda
Lime juice
Ice

Incorrect usage of medical terminology by lay people who are trying to appear knowledgeable. Especially when they mispronounce a body part such as larynx. Boy, does this drive me up a wall. Just use lay terms, it's ok to do so.
This reminded me of an incident that happened in the late 1970s at the local hospital that I was employed at. My boss, the director of nursing and I were sitting in the cafeteria when the Maintenance 'Engineer' showed up and sat with us. He started telling us that his mother-in-law was recovering after having surgery to repair her ~ READY? Hymen! My boss started choking on her food from laughing so hard. He meant to say, hernia. I'll never forget ole Jim.

Yeah
Packaging
I keep a razor knife in my desk drawer for that very reason

The other small thing is TP rolls that won't start
My lady likes to get the 'cheap' (less than 250 sheets) rolls
Gotta admit, they start better, but they seem to evaporate in the hour
(she's a bee hiver)

I get the 500 or more sheet stuff
By the case
(showed her its actually cheaper)

Anyway, my stuff seems super glued at the start
Good, soft, 2 ply
Just tears odd from the get go

Live is tough
A BEE HIVER! I had one here and never knew it was a thing that had a name.

Well, besides everything lately from being indoors for so long....my neighbor takes showers and baths at every time of the day and night imaginable and I can hear him turn the handles on the tub because they squeak very loudly...he did this from 3:00 to 3:30 AM the other morning which caused me not to be able to sleep and had a sleepless night. I just can't stand the sound of that squeaking! Then there is my other neighbor who's door is a foot from mine...she blasts her music and it comes through her door and through mine and drives me up the wall...I don't like her choice of music at all! Wish I lived in a house far away from neighbors.🤬

This is how I feel about now!

151589694_3850647768327180_3378381595460560230_n.jpg

Last edited:
That was me today at the grocery store. Those bags just wouldn't budge. I was so tempted to lick my fingers but knew better. I just kept tugging and tugging.
There’s always a few drops of water at the edge of the bin where vegetables are sprayed. I get the number of bags I need, dampen my finger and open them all. No licking and I’m not sticking my hand on the vegetables.

This is for Lewkat- "larnyx". :)

Mine are irritating commercials..

The J D Wentworth opera on a subway car.

Jimmy Dean Sausage- stop the voice overs-the poor guy has been dead for years.

This one makes me sound like Scrooge, but.... ads for a charity hospital with kids. A kid in a wheelchair says with a donation you get 'an adorable blanket". What little kid says "adorable"? Poor kid is being used to bring in the bucks. Bah!! Hum Bug!!!!

This is for Lewkat- "larnyx". :)

Mine are irritating commercials..

The J D Wentworth opera on a subway car.

Jimmy Dean Sausage- stop the voice overs-the poor guy has been dead for years.

This one makes me sound like Scrooge, but.... ads for a charity hospital with kids. A kid in a wheelchair says with a donation you get 'an adorable blanket". What little kid says "adorable"? Poor kid is being used to bring in the bucks. Bah!! Hum Bug!!!!
i could not agree more ... especially the Jimmy Dean thing ...... although most commercials these days are so filled with half truths and misleading BS it is hard to narrow down......

There’s always a few drops of water at the edge of the bin where vegetables are sprayed. I get the number of bags I need, dampen my finger and open them all. No licking and I’m not sticking my hand on the vegetables.
That's probably better than licking your fingers after they've held onto the shopping cart handle, though. Produce is usually a long walk to the far side of the store, right?

Glad you asked...
1.Food packaging (all types) is HORRIBLE!
I can't understand why there's a bag of breakfast cereal that's at least 1/3 empty inside a Family Sized box. Those boxes get tossed into recyling soon as I get them home. The insert-tab bit usually gets destroyed when you open them anyway.

Back