Little things which irritate which probably shouldn't

Surprised that nobody mentioned this yet.
I can't stand to hear people snap their chewing gum. Some can snap it quite loudly, too. It is so rude and disgusting.
I know Americans chew gum way more than Brits do.. I don't like that. If I'm talking to someone and they're chewing gum that I can see, that grosses me out...

Or people who let their dog run off leash and act surprised when it barks at someone and rushes at the person.
I walk a trail where this happens often.
And then they say "It's OK he's not dangerous." A friend of mine was bitten by a dog that rushed at her and she gets terrified when this happens and dogs can sense it

I can relate and agree to everything shared here. There are so many things that annoy me I just can't think of them all. But two that come to mind are, when you've waited for someone to leave a parking spot and another car coming from the other direction whips in and takes the spot before you. And being around someone who spits tobacco juice into a can. Yuck! :sick:

I can relate and agree to everything shared here. There are so many things that annoy me I just can't think of them all. But two that come to mind are, when you've waited for someone to leave a parking spot and another car coming from the other direction whips in and takes the spot before you. And being around someone who spits tobacco juice into a can. Yuck! :sick:
I have never in my life seen anyone do that I think I would throw up if I did.... but yes I agree about the parking spot...

I have never in my life seen anyone do that I think I would throw up if I did.... but yes I agree about the parking spot...
Try living in Kentucky. Commonplace occurrence. I have to avert my eyes when I see it, or I'll toss my lunch.

Waiting in lines, and for appointments. It has gotten worse. I actually have to meditate and calm myself down. I had to wait about 45 minutes for my Covid booster a couple days ago. I guess I am becoming more sedentary, and I still feel like the whole air environment has invisible viruses in it, mainly where there is a lot of people. I really need to overcome this mystical irritation, but for now I am staying home. :)

When people don't close the toilet lid before they flush. When I walk in after someone's used my bathroom and that lid is in the *up* position, I cringe.
ah but it could be they've picked it up again after they've finished. I always close the lid , flush, then open the lid again just to ensure the bowl is cleared...

People that gossip about their friends. I had a so-called friend years ago who told everyone that a mutual friend of our's husband was cheating on her. The wife heard the gossip going around and divorced her husband. Maybe if the person who let out the news hadn't maybe the couple could have handled the problem differently.

I tell you what's irritating the heck out of me is this darn keyboard, which keeps missing letters ... I have to return to correct just about every post I make 😖..it's only a few months old as well

Little things which irritate which probably shouldn't.

I know that lots of people poke their fingers up their nostils to remove chunks of debris, I've been guilty of doing it myself, often, but the other day, I saw a bloke with a finger so far up his nose, that one of his eyeballs was dancing about in the most peculiar fashon. Now, I tell you, that wasn't pleasant, especially as I was eating some nice trifle in Tesco's cafe. 😊

I went over what i wrote months ago. I still detest inane TV commercials. There are some I just have to change the channel, One is where a guy's body is merge with a motorcycle. OH!

Little things which irritate which probably shouldn't.

I know that lots of people poke their fingers up their nostils to remove chunks of debris, I've been guilty of doing it myself, often, but the other day, I saw a bloke with a finger so far up his nose, that one of his eyeballs was dancing about in the most peculiar fashon. Now, I tell you, that wasn't pleasant, especially as I was eating some nice trifle in Tesco's cafe. 😊
I had a chance to video chat with a large group of people. I don't know what it is, but everybody was touching, scratching, and picking their noses. You forget you're on TV. It's got to be some weird human thing because everybody was doing it.
!

Around Thanksgiving I was invited to the annual Christmas Eve get together at my oldest son's place. The closer the day came the more irritated I became. I didn't want to give some excuse to not go because it seemed I just didn't want to go. Then yesterday, I was having feelings of doom. Still, I felt I had to go because it was my family who invited me geez. Well last night around 10 PM my son sent me a text message that Christmas Eve is cancelled. Daughter-in-law's parents both came down with Covid and one grandson is sick as well. What a relief, sad to say. The rest of the family are anti-vaxxers, and even though I was fully vaccinated and boosted, I guess I was uncomfortable going to an indoor event and being around them. These kinds of situations where I have to decide between my own health and my family irritate me to no end.

Well... here goes! My pet peeve is the inability for people to have a discussion without every other sentence being full of four-letter words. I spent over 40 years in the engineering/construction industry. Half of those years I was in confrontations with contractors almost daily. The four-letter words would spew rampantly. Many times I told my contractors, "If you ever hear me use a four-letter word, I have a $100 bill in my billfold that will be yours!" I never had to hand anyone that $100 bill. It was amazing how when someone was so mad at you, to let them blow, then calmly discuss the issue... respectfully.
Upon retirement, I taught in a vocational school for a short while. The young folks could not communicate without the use of four-letter words. When I tried to explain how much more professional they would sound and the potential for getting further in their career by using more respectful communication... I was told it was infringing on their right to free speech! The "right" to "f" this and "f" that was more important to them than being able to communicate professionally. Sheesh!
Yep! That's my pet peeve! Rant off.....
Well written Patch. I am with you. To me, using 4 letter words is a strong sign of a lack of education, a lack of manners and perhaps some twisted idea that this is what REAL Men talk like. Also just as bad are butch women who feel that swearing is giving them equality with men. Ya! Maybe but equality with what sort of men? There are lots of men out. Many like me, have a broad vocabulary and do not have the need to use 4 letter words in every sentence.

Back